Season 1, Episode 6 "The Eye" (Spoiler Thread)

One of the good things about Rogue One and Andor is they really delve into just how dangerous and morally grey a lot of the Star Wars Galaxy is. You understand why the Galaxy is populated by so many scoundrel like guys such as Han Solo, Lando and Andor.

Skeen was in a similar mould as the self serving cynical character Benicio Del Toro played in The Last Jedi.
True. The cities may seem civilised (although death can still lurk around any corner) but much of the SW world outside of that feels like the Wild West with a palpable danger. It’s good to get a flavour of that in projects like this.

I hope we’ll see more of Yavin 4 - was always one of my favourite StarWars locations

True. The cities may seem civilised (although death can still lurk around any corner) but much of the SW world outside of that feels like the Wild West with a palpable danger. It’s good to get a flavour of that in projects like this.
Wild West is a good analogy. The wild dangerous elements of the galaxy feeds into why some folks would be drawn into the fascist/authoritarian ideology of the Empire/First Order.

"He use to be a stormtrooper".

Uh, I call BS. Everyone knows, black people can't be stormtroopers. The internet told me so. :o

I mean, the Empire was *allegorically* racist from pretty early on, what with being Nazi stand-ins. However, pretty much from the earliest days of the EU this was fleshed out as meaning more specifically "the Empire is anti-alien", which makes lightyears more sense in the context then being obsessed about skin color.

I kind of wonder where the shock and outrage about black Imperials comes from: people who are shocked and outraged that the villains could possibly include non-white people, because "everyone knows" only white people are evil; or people who secretly really like the Empire and are also racist, who are offended that someone might suggest that non-white people can join their Evil Empire club?

^^Probably the latter

But I did find it funny Taramyn was British, while John Boyega was told to do American because all storm troopers have had American accents previously.

Tarkin brags about them dissolving the senate in five years, but it looks like the senate dissolved itself. :o

You aren't wrong, but I think the key difference is that, even if the senators barely care enough to come to the senate, they are still senators. They still act as officially sanctioned elements of the government ruling over their individual worlds. This both assuages public sentiment in many key worlds ( since they "still have their own sovereignty" ), and also takes a weight off the imperial bureaucracy ( because a chunk of the actual day to day governance is being handled by the senatorial bureaucracy instead ).

Officially disbanding the Senate, as opposed to just rendering it a toothless rubberstamp? Had to wait until the Emperor didn't need them to continue doing work, and also didn't need to care about the senatorial worlds being angry and disgruntled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"