Iron Fist Season 1, Episode 7 "Felling with Tree Routes" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
cguAl5P.png

Episode 7: Felling with Tree Routes

So regarding Ward, does anyone feel like Elektra should have done what he did?

Keep in mind that I dislike Ward in general. Not because he's unlikable. Not because he's a sociopath with no redeeming values other than being a jerk to people. It's because he's written inconsistently.

So regarding Ward, does anyone feel like Elektra should have done what he did?

Keep in mind that I dislike Ward in general. Not because he's unlikable. Not because he's a sociopath with no redeeming values other than being a jerk to people. It's because he's written inconsistently.

Don't really care for Ward in this show.

Might be my favorite episode so far. The quiet moment between Danny and Colleen was nice although it dragged a little and not a fan of them getting romantically involved.
Harold really shined for me in this one as well.

Geo showing up at Rand was excellent and this one showed how corrupt Rand really is.

Nice to see Daryl got his scholarship and some nice Defenders references.

I could tell Ward was making his full turn towards villain, even before the end.

This episode did a good job of showing that Harold Meechum is not your friend. He's a person that destroys everything. I also liked that Danny doesn't have to fight the Hand. He can just live his very privileged life. The fact that he wants to stay and fight, but not let innocents die shows he's not from either world.

I didn't expect the ending, though.

Four Stars.

You know what's funny, they completely dropped Harold's assistant from the first few episodes. I was sure something was going to come of that poor kid. haha

You know what's funny, they completely dropped Harold's assistant from the first few episodes. I was sure something was going to come of that poor kid. haha
The assistant comes back. I too thought they just let him go.

This episode did a good job of showing that Harold Meechum is not your friend. He's a person that destroys everything. I also liked that Danny doesn't have to fight the Hand. He can just live his very privileged life. The fact that he wants to stay and fight, but not let innocents die shows he's not from either world.

I didn't expect the ending, though.

Four Stars.

I slightly disagree, I think Harold actually was Danny's friend, and Ward's too. The problem is that Harold is a terrible person, so his way of helping people involves manipulation and deception and abuse and control. This was worse for Ward than Danny, because Ward got the brunt of it for 12 years, and because Harold pegged ( rightly ) that the ways he "helps" his son would just drive away Danny. Thus, different tack, which made things worse for Ward.

Basically, the Meachum family are a great showcase of what a clan of not-totally-monstrous vampires would be like. Human and sympathetic in various ways, and yet also terrible terrible people in others. Puts the dys in dysfunction.

This episode is where I'm losing interest in the show. it's a lot of little things adding up

Danny' status as Iron Fist just doesn't seem solid. He flinches when Colleen stitches a cut, and it feels he takes more punches than I thought he would.

He took a vow of chastity...then easily gives in?

The visions during Gao's challenges were good...but why haven't we seen more of K'un L'un up to this point? I think some flashbacks or other vision of his past would help me connect to his struggle as a character by knowing his background. At this point I still feel like I"m one of the New Yorkers trying to figure out who he is, and I think it's too far into the show to feel that way. I'm hoping for one kick-ass flashback episode like they did with Cage and Murdock.

Colleen's fight club subplot just seemed to fade out. it'd be nice to have a better grasp of her background a bit.

Claire's debut was too coincidental.

The fight scenes feel like an R rated movie cut down to a PG-13. Choppy. Like Taken. Not horrible, but not up to Iron Fist level. I was hoping for longer takes like Daredevil. Probably not possible because the costume hides Charlie Cox and the stunt doubles.

"That's just mean, Ward."

:hehe:

So Ward is completely nuts. He was pushed over the edge at the end. And now Joy will never be able to meet her father, or she'd be very mad with Ward for killing him.

Still not impressed by Iron Fist's fighting.

And how come he can only use his Iron Fist once and then it drains him for ages? I don't recall it was like that in the comic. It almost now seems like a budgetary thing. I thought he was using the fist consistently in the comics for extended periods.

The assistant comes back. I too thought they just let him go.

I thought that was weird too. It felt like it was going to be something they would explain later in an interview that a scene got cut for time, but then the assistant returned later on. However I don't recall the assistant's absence having been explained either.

Might be my favorite episode so far. The quiet moment between Danny and Colleen was nice although it dragged a little and not a fan of them getting romantically involved.
Harold really shined for me in this one as well.

Geo showing up at Rand was excellent and this one showed how corrupt Rand really is.

Nice to see Daryl got his scholarship and some nice Defenders references.

I could tell Ward was making his full turn towards villain, even before the end.

I don't really see Danny getting involved with Misty Knight from what we've seen of her. It seems more natural for him to be with Colleen. Although what if, when she asked him to stay, he genuinely wasn't interested? Then she would've felt awkward afterwards.

I thought that was weird too. It felt like it was going to be something they would explain later in an interview that a scene got cut for time, but then the assistant returned later on. However I don't recall the assistant's absence having been explained either.

I just assumed he wasn't there 24/7 and any gap in his appearances was just when he wasn't there.

Sure. I did too, but there was that exchange in an earlier episode where Harold, when challenged on his assistant seeming to always be there, gave him the rest of the day off. To which his assistant replied something like "but it's nearly 12 o'clock". From that I infered that could possibly mean that he was due back by then and that he possibly never leaves for long periods.

It did seem like he was gone a decent amount of time in contrast to his seemingly ever presence earlier.

I'll miss Harold, I was happy they brought him back after two episodes of absence to miss him again.

That's unfair of the board of directors to kick Joy and Ward out of their positions because Danny's decisions cost the company money.

That's unfair of the board of directors to kick Joy and Ward out of their positions because Danny's decisions cost the company money.

It also seems unlikely that they could have legally called a board meeting without informing all the board members.

As majority owner Danny can dismiss and appoint board members, though perhaps that can only happen through a shareholder meeting.

With that said, the board does have a responsibility to act in the interests of all shareholders, even acting against the wishes of the majority owners if those wishes are inconsistent with "fudiciary responsibilities" - for example they could not sell all of the company assets and give the money to a homeless shelter, without some compelling story about how that would be in the best interests of all the shareholders. Taking a large financial loss for improved PR might be acceptable, but completely destroying the value of the company would not be.

The scene with Harold and the hammer made me cringe. I laughed when Danny flinched from the stitches when there was a voiceover last episode about him not feeling pain, ignoring pain or something like that.

I’m only halfway through so it’s okay so far. Ward is losing his mind. Did I miss why he’s hooked on the pills? I can’t remember.

Edit: they switched the hand that Ward crushed in his car door to his left lol

That final scene between Ward and Harold :eek: shouldn’t have watched that right before going to sleep lol

Last edited:
I believe it's implied he had drug trouble in the past and that it's mostly from the stress of his position, not just his job, but he father, the Hand, the messed up stuff he had to do, and the secrets he has to keep.

I'll miss Harold, I was happy they brought him back after two episodes of absence to miss him again.

Yeah I'll miss him. Well they were supposed to stop him getting on the board in the first place. They were sort of in charge of him and responsible for him and he did some crazy things in a short space of time.

Haha, I totally forgot about him.

This episode is where I'm losing interest in the show. it's a lot of little things adding up

Danny' status as Iron Fist just doesn't seem solid. He flinches when Colleen stitches a cut, and it feels he takes more punches than I thought he would.

He took a vow of chastity...then easily gives in?

The visions during Gao's challenges were good...but why haven't we seen more of K'un L'un up to this point? I think some flashbacks or other vision of his past would help me connect to his struggle as a character by knowing his background. At this point I still feel like I"m one of the New Yorkers trying to figure out who he is, and I think it's too far into the show to feel that way. I'm hoping for one kick-ass flashback episode like they did with Cage and Murdock.

Colleen's fight club subplot just seemed to fade out. it'd be nice to have a better grasp of her background a bit.

Claire's debut was too coincidental.

The fight scenes feel like an R rated movie cut down to a PG-13. Choppy. Like Taken. Not horrible, but not up to Iron Fist level. I was hoping for longer takes like Daredevil. Probably not possible because the costume hides Charlie Cox and the stunt doubles.

I'm not offended by the Colleen/Danny pairing. If it continues, fine-- if it doesn't, okay. Does it come right out of the comics, no, but a lot of stuff here doesn't. I'm glad he wasn't shoehorned into dating Misty right off the bat. the shows can have more creative directions if they leave room to explore different relationships and not be locked into the Superman/Lois Lane dynamic regarding romantic interests in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"