Season 1, Episodes 1-3 (Spoiler Discussion)

He knows he just lost his Employee of the Month plaque.
What could've been...

zKVTWuo.gif

Yeah, very clearly a three episode pilot. I would expect most of the rest of the episodes to be more standalone.

Overall, I rather enjoyed it. It's weird seeing Andor as an actual character, as opposed to a sad Latino stereotype used as a plot device. Much better.

I have to laugh at how many things are now just 10 and 5 years before ANH. :funny:
...makes sense; these are the boiling points for that spark that the rebellion created on Scarif to fester off of - in turn to change the tide of the Galactic Civil War.

Favorite moments so far;

- E3 flashback/ending mirroring take-off(s)
- stout sideburns guy, really hope he gets an Imperial glow-up
- Maarva (Fiona Shaw rules), especially her love for Andor and their banter
- Luthen teaching Andor Rebel 101 while on the go...
- the daily 5-9 grind within Star Wars
- B2-EMO... who could easily join this list of the greats >
K-2SO
R2-D2
C1-10P
IG-11
L3-37​

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the first two episodes, but that third episode definitely sealed the deal for me. The action sequences were fantastic and I love how different this feels from the past Star Wars shows.

So much atmosphere, grittiness and tension on top of all the political intrigue stuff which makes it even more compelling IMO and man Diego Luna is getting way more shine here than he did in Rogue One.

I'm so glad to see an actor of his talent actually get some meaty material to work with.

Also, preparing myself for the moment when B2 sacrifices himself and it will break me; K2's death is still the second most emotional moment in Star Wars for me, Caleb Dume being number one.

VERY solid start. Already digging the characters. Show looks beautiful too. I'm very curious how much they shot in the volume because this series is showing that shooting on location still provides the best result in making things feel cinematic.

Also, are they retconning that Cassian started his fight against the Empire at 6 years old? He looked at least 12 in the flashbacks.

Episode 2 was a bit slow, and all three episodes just kinda... stop. Other than that it was absolutely amazing though. Great acting. Great worldbuilding. A very different interpretation of Star Wars. They didn't even tease any of the cameos that we know are coming. This is going to be a fun ride. Though I suspect this will end up feeling like a really long movie. :cwink:

Tony "Never Been Interested in Star Wars" Gilroy was the first one to make a real show. Of course.

Tony "Never Been Interested in Star Wars" Gilroy was the first one to make a real show. Of course.
There has been "real Star Wars shows" since 2008. They've even been good. I won't commit on the Chow Cut. :o

His interview with The Watch was great... his passion behind this and these Rebels is astonishing.

Also his dedication to the art/creative process before scripting and when filming reminds me of Reeves and The Batman.

Solid opening 3 episodes, took a while as many have said, its a slow burn, but the third was really something quite special and the show has a lot of potential, its nice to have a SW program that isnt relying on nostalgia and nods to other things to make it interesting, it actually has its own story to tell.

Genuinely intrigued to see where some of these characters might go and what it might lead to. Hopefully it has enough to keep going for the full 12 episodes and doesnt run out of steam before the end but the way this three episode arc went its encouraging but its good we got all these in one hit otherwise it might have felt a bit of a slog with one each week and the slower pace.

Good stuff though.

Easily takes the spot of the best thing to come out of Star Wars since Mando and Rogue One.

And honestly, those are the kind of people who should be in charge of making them... not fanboys who are obsessed with easter eggs and lightsabers.

Of course the corporate police are using surplus military vehicles.... lol

Good episodes, I believe. I really need to rewatch them with a good nights sleep.

Still, Cassian has Kyle Katarn's gun. I accept him as the new Kyle Katarn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"