Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 finally TV rating.

There are some who will say/argue that AOS is already a "formulaic cheesefest with cringeworthy dialogue and bad acting". .
I agree. There are. So steering further in that direction by making it closer to that CW dung isn't a good move.

Seems everyone is talking around the subject - but it seems the consensus is that AoS needs more recognizable superpowered agents/foes.

As it can't regularly pull any major names from the movies it needs to build its own well known superheroes/villains and get them to appear in the movies

A great villain/superhero to have is someone who can clone/copy someone else's abilities - like a taskmaster that can truly mimic any power/skill he/she comes up against
(wouldn't it be interesting if mockingbird is exposed to the mist and gets this ability?)

Another great character would be lady hawkeye

Some crossovers with Netflix would be awesome
And Castle (Punisher)

Villains
Now they have powered heroes its time to bring back Graviton
I would also love to see:

Batroc
Crossbones

I can agree with this post.I completely love AOS as is but I also understand that this is the age of superheroes in media. I think one reason fans love a show like Flash so much is because it features the classic superhero vs super villain conflict so prominently. It has all the BAM! ZAP! and POW! aspects that fans are clamoring for but that AOS doesn't. AOS is actually more sci-fi with a bit of the strange and people with powers than straight up superhero action. They may have to adopt more of a superheroic tone for the show and perhaps this is the route they're going, with the addition of the Inhuman and Secret Warriors story arcs coming on next season in order to boost ratings. I also believe the showrunners can find a happy medium between the current sci-fi elements and the more flamboyant superhero aspects without the quality of the writing suffering any type of a downgrade.

Marvel has such a huge library of characters and villains that will never be featured in films, so why not use them for the tv shows? So far AOS has done a good job of this but they could increase this even more. The general audience may not be aware of the characters as much but the fan base would love it. Furthermore, they shouldn't be afraid to put these characters in some form of a costume. The containment/environment suit idea would go a long way in explaining why some of these characters with powers have costumes. The general audience always tend identify with characters in costume.

I agree. There are. So steering further in that direction by making it closer to that CW dung isn't a good move.

The fact that one of those "CW dung" shows got higher ratings then the season finale of AOS is a good argument to make AOS more like those shows.

The fact that one of those "CW dung" shows got higher ratings then the season finale of AOS is a good argument to make AOS more like those shows.

No it's not.

*cough*justinbieberbritneyspearsnsynctweenteentweenteentoomuchromance*cough*

No.

G'day,

Yeah, that would be a good start. Here's another. Get a good costume designer. Give Bobbie some white or at least light grays in her tactical suit. Give Skye flashy metallic gauntlets. Give Skye's new team proper costumes that are not all f*&^g black.

One more, refer to them occasionally by their super hero name. Call Bobbie Mockingbird, call Skye Quake etc.

ta

Ralph

Seems everyone is talking around the subject - but it seems the consensus is that AoS needs more recognizable superpowered agents/foes.

As it can't regularly pull any major names from the movies it needs to build its own well known superheroes/villains and get them to appear in the movies

A great villain/superhero to have is someone who can clone/copy someone else's abilities - like a taskmaster that can truly mimic any power/skill he/she comes up against
(wouldn't it be interesting if mockingbird is exposed to the mist and gets this ability?)

Another great character would be lady hawkeye

Some crossovers with Netflix would be awesome
And Castle (Punisher)

Villains
Now they have powered heroes its time to bring back Graviton
I would also love to see:

Batroc
Crossbones

They may have to adopt more of a superheroic tone for the show and perhaps this is the route they're going, with the addition of the Inhuman and Secret Warriors story arcs coming on next season in order to boost ratings.

You say this as if it wasn't something they'd been building towards since Season 1.

You say this as if it wasn't something they'd been building towards since Season 1.

Yup, they couldn't very well put a bunch of powered people together in a team out of nowhere, the MCU as it was didn't have the required tools to do that, a build up was necessary.

Actually, I'm more or less stating the obvious. We as fans, still don't know what approach AOS will take concerning the Secret Warriors story arc going forward. I for one hope it isn't as subdued as it has been and I hope it becomes more flamboyant like something in between Avengers and Heroes. As others have said, give them costumes and their superhero code names.

And I'm talking about ways the show could boost it's ratings, not just what the show runners had planned from season one, cause I'm quite sure they had also hoped for larger and more consistent ratings.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm more or less stating the obvious. We as fans, still don't know what approach AOS will take concerning the Secret Warriors story arc going forward. I for one hope it isn't as subdued as it has been and I hope it becomes more flamboyant like something in between Avengers and Heroes. As others have said, give them costumes and their superhero code names.

And I'm talking about ways the show could boost it's ratings, not just what the show runners had planned from season one, cause I'm quite sure they had also hoped for larger and more consistent ratings.

I really hope we see more overt superpowers - and the real repercussions of superpower beings. More code names being used.

I would also like to see a character like Sinister - someone who is looking at superpower DNA and trying to build the ultimate superpower being/s

someone who is not Hydra

Also a superpower big bad - maybe toward the end of season 3 we can have Graviton

G'day,

Well if you are going to have super powered heros you can expect super powered villains. That follows. Those fish oil capsules are going to have a lot to answer for.

ta

Ralph

I really hope we see more overt superpowers - and the real repercussions of superpower beings. More code names being used.

I would also like to see a character like Sinister - someone who is looking at superpower DNA and trying to build the ultimate superpower being/s

someone who is not Hydra

Also a superpower big bad - maybe toward the end of season 3 we can have Graviton

someone who is not Hydra

Yes, all that sounds good, maybe someone like the High Evolutionary would fit the bill.

Graviton absolutely has to make a reappearance, now that we're getting agents with superpowers.

Yes, all that sounds good, maybe someone like the High Evolutionary would fit the bill.

Graviton absolutely has to make a reappearance, now that we're getting agents with superpowers.

The high evolutionary has a "connection" with ...Jessica Drew!!!!

So, do you have an argument that doesn't boil down to "Ewww, cooties"?

If I must.

Cooties are a preference, know what I'm saying?

One person's squishy feel-good cootie love moment is another person's eye-roll and out loud sigh.

For me, I'd prefer that the show rely upon intelligent plots that do focus on the relationships of the team but not so much the "relationships" of the team, if you get me.

May loves Andrew, Bobbi loves Hunter, Skye loves Lincoln, Fitz loves Simmons.

It's getting increasingly cootie-ish, to use your term, and I was actually pleased from the start that the show had avoided the "But what about our LOVE?!" he screamed as she boarded the plane with that fancypants Miles.

Oblivious as she was with her Katy Perry-loaded ipod blasting into her eardrums that she was a "Fire-Wuuhhrk!!", she looked back for a fleeting glimpse of her first, but definitely not last, love, Thad:

dawson_crying_730.jpg

Then she shot across the sky. Oaugh oaugh oaugh.

AOS has become one of my favorite shows, but I dread that we're heading into "As The Agents Turn" or "These Are The Days Of Our Agents" territory.

Or worse, "Dawson's Agents" or "Shieldy The Hydra Slayer".

Carry on.

Lyyyke......Totes.

i just hope season 3 has more of simmon's bad girl shanannigans

I don't see why people are constantly clamoring for more and more super powers. People aren't all that fond of most of the ones we've gotten so far with most of the complaints centered around "looking bad" or "not being used enough/being off screen". That's down to budgetary restrictions which are those are unlikely to change.

Throwing superpowers at something in hopes it will make everything better only every works in comic books, and even that hasn't been a guaranteed solution since the silver age.

I just don't see how arbitrarily adding in superpowers will make for a superior show. Hell, one of MCU's most popular and well praised properties is about a blind ninja boxer, which despite being an amazing collection of words is not an actual superpower. Yes, he's highly trained and improbably skilled but then so is like every SHIELD agent who isn't a science geek. what Matt is basically a blind, male May who gets beat up a lot.

Of course, I'm in no way suggesting that Matt isn't a great character on an amazing show. I'm only trying to say that perhaps people's enjoyment of superheroes isn't all that dependent on laser shooting eyeballs and human hurricanes. I get the feeling instead when people ask for more powers to be shone what they really mean (and what plenty of posters right out state) is that they want more familiar characters who have already been established in the comics.

And, again, I'm no sure why that's so important to the show's success. Not that I don't understand the hope that maybe they would pick one of your favorites to add to the show, but in all likelihood any character the TV side has permission to use won't be well known to the general public so it's doubtful it would have any effect on the show's popularity. Quality wise it's even more questionable since:

A. Just because a character is from the comics doesn't make them an interesting, well developed character.

B. So far AoS has shown a willingness to "use" comic book characters literally in name only or with by borrowing a few superficial traits while changing every other aspect, blurring the line between canon and original characters.

C. Superpowers do not equal personality, depth, or proper characterization.

D. There has been absolutely nothing to suggest that having more characters from the comics would make it a better show. What makes a good show is interesting plots with well written characters and so far AoS has been all over the place. Coulson is well written and totally original while comic character Deathlok is often heavily criticized by fans. Mockingbird is awesome but then so is May. A lot of people disliked Skye in the beginning and have only now warmed to her and while it might be easy to conflate that with her getting powers and being revealed to be Quake, it has much more to do with her growth as a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"