Season 3, Episode 5: "Head On" (SPOILERS)

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Clark and General Lane are both having a hard time giving Lois room to make her own decisions; Lana and Sarah have a run-in with an old friend at the diner; Natalie has a surprise visitor

Another great wholesome, family episode for the most part. They are handling the cancer storyline really well so far IMO and I like how everyone gets their time to shine in the more dramatic scenes, especially the kids. Also, that ending got me pretty hyped to see what's happening with the villains in the upcoming weeks too.

So glad
Bizzaro
is coming back.

Well, that's a twist. Not my favorite episode but setting things up and yeah, they really are handling the cancer storyline well - I loved the scenes between Clark and the two ladies getting treatment.

So, is the show starting to run low on budget or was David Ramsey just feeling lazy? The reason why I ask is because they clearly reused one of the (noticeable) shots of Tyler in his old costume when Superman approached the DOD.

Also, not sure why Superman didn't just use his heat vision to stop the computer download.

Superman inspires people around the world and gives them hope and these two women battling a terrible disease that his wife now has to fight inspire him. Beautiful.

Ok this episode hit me right in the feels between the Clark and Lois stuff at the hospital with the two women and even Bruno Mannheim talking about his mom, Candice and Jon and Nat and Sam. I mean this is the most I liked Kyle since his hero moment in the season 1 finale I think. David Ramsey really did a great job with this episode that was about connecting and relationships with strangers, a love or family/adoptive. Just a very good episode.

This show genuinely impresses me every week with some really thoughtful writing, particularly in regards to the cancer storyline. Really good episode all around but Clark sitting with the other patients was such a standout scene.

Could still do without Kyle though. It's the only real spot where my interest wanes.

Clark must feel “the pull” all the time, but he can usually stay busy to keep it at bay.

Another good episode — especially, as noted, those chemo therapy scenes. (The two actors in the “minor roles” of fellow cancer patients were particularly impressive.)

I did wonder, though, about Sam bonding with Nat, displaying fatherly concern, etc. To me, it seemed that Nat’s actual father might be better suited for such heart-to-heart moments. Perhaps there was some reason why Wolé Parks wasn’t available for this ep… ? :shrug:

**** this season. I'm not watching this show to cry. Stop making me cry.

Wingwoman Sarah remains the best.

I do like the idea of Jon and Kyle working together at the firestation. Much more interesting than what they have been doing with the characters.

Good that Candice is leaving before Lois and Clark end up grandparents, I guess.

Glad to have Bizarro back. I love that theme.

Good that Candice is leaving before Lois and Clark end up grandparents, I guess.
"Going to live with an aunt in another town" isn't always a euphemism, but since Jon can't get the super-power stories, I'm a bit concerned.

Finally getting to watch this.

First of all, "Junior" is damn 40-year-old man and no one can convince me otherwise.

I see you, Show, giving Chrissy and Lana scenes together for the sake of sewing future awkwardness. SMH.

Once again though, these people just get it. A great Superman story needs that whole "inspirational" factor to work both ways. Yes, he should inspire us. But just as important, is him being inspired by those regular humans around him. We have as much of a positive effect on him as he has on us. You gotta show that, which is one aspect certain recent adaptions completely missed, by choosing to show all of humankind as just The Worst. Superman as a character serves a sort of "light mirror" for humanity - he reflects back at us all the good he sees on a regular basis that we usually miss. The point of Superman is that we were the inspirational ones all along. Clark's conversation with those ladies at the treatment facility was a great example of how it should be done, imo. Bravo.

I'm not familiar with this Deadline character but he reminds me of of the Ghost Soldier from Pak's Action Comics run.

Yes please to more Bizarro! Was not happy with his early exit last season. Looks like the writers had some regrets too. :D

Maybe not quite as strong an ep as the last few, but still on a roll with this season imo. :up:

Finally getting to watch this.

First of all, "Junior" is damn 40-year-old man and no one can convince me otherwise.

I see you, Show, giving Chrissy and Lana scenes together for the sake of sewing future awkwardness. SMH.

Once again though, these people just get it. A great Superman story needs that whole "inspirational" factor to work both ways. Yes, he should inspire us. But just as important, is him being inspired by those regular humans around him. We have as much of a positive effect on him as he has on us. You gotta show that, which is one aspect certain recent adaptions completely missed, by choosing to show all of humankind as just The Worst. Superman as a character serves a sort of "light mirror" for humanity - he reflects back at us all the good he sees on a regular basis that we usually miss. The point of Superman is that we were the inspirational ones all along. Clark's conversation with those ladies at the treatment facility was a great example how it should be done, imo. Bravo.

I'm not familiar with this Deadline character but he reminds me of of the Ghost Soldier from Pak's Action Comics run.

Yes please to more Bizarro! Was not happy with his early exit last season. Looks like the writers had some regrets too. :D

Maybe not quite as strong an ep as the last few, but still on a roll with this season imo. :up:

aaliyah-laugh.gif

Yo, I swear, I was saying to myself if they don't get that grown ass man away from Sarah LMAO.

But you took the words out of my mouth Flick. Very strong hospital scenes with Clark and the ladies and him being able to be human around them. That's what Superman is all about, he's warmhearted and he cares and listens.

Really good episode.

They are dealing with the cancer storyline so well. Good to see the support from everyone when Lois realises she can’t go to the dance (including the dance with Jordan :D ).

I liked the Sam/Nat scene a lot, the hospital scene where the women with cancer support Clark and seeing Bruno Mannheim’s background.

Something about having Bizarro back in play puts me unease about Mannheim goals. Something is off, I can’t put my finger on it but something is definitely wrong.

Something about having Bizarro back in play puts me unease about Mannheim goals. Something is off, I can’t put my finger on it but something is definitely wrong.

Rumor has it that

Bruno will transform Bizarro into this show's version of Doomsday.

Deadline started out as a STARMAN(Will Payton) villain and then briefly join the Suicide Squad.

Deadline.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"