Daredevil Season 3, Episode 6 "The Devil You Know" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss Episode 6: "The Devil You Know" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
That last 15 minutes or so. :wow:

Good showing in the fight with Matt and Dex, highlighting their respective superiority in hand-to-hand combat vs projectile-to-face combat.:woo:

Ok that fight was insanely awesome.

I absolutely loved the choreography of the hand to hand stuff, especially seeing Bullseye use pretty much anything and everything as a weapon in that office.

Holy ****, now that was a proper DD/Bullseye fight in live action. Matt dominated in HtH, but Dex turned the tide with his impeccable aim and skill with weapons.

So much happened that was immediately forgotten when I saw the Daredevil/Bullseye fight (well, sorta Bullseye). The way Bullseye's fighting was handled reminded me very much of the very first Daredevil fight in season one that sold me that they would be trying to be true to the character, at least as far as fighting goes. The biggest thing is how everything in his hands is a deadly weapon. Setting him in an office is probably the best way to illustrate it. It was overall just a very impressive fight. Would it be too much to hope that, in the end, Matt can fight him while wearing his Daredevil outfit? Yeah, I won't hold my breath, but it was still really cool.

I'm also not sure why I didn't realize there was no way of things going right with seven episodes to go. Somehow I get suckered every single time. I guess the FBI has a leak as well.

In a way, Matt missed a perfect alibi chance by just hiding the mask and making it look like he among those attacked. No one necessarily knew he came in with a suit. Of course, they don't know he's Daredevil, they think he fixed evidence for Fisk. I'm curious how things will shake out, but I'm sure Matt knows getting locked up doesn't help. Now he's on the run in almost all his identities.

Five Stars.

The show just keeps delivering on all fronts. The characters are all great portrayals, the story is progressing nicely, and that fight was amazing between two special people with different skill sets.

This episode was just incredible. The tension was just...ughhhh. My heart stopped several times during the big confrontation. Superbly well done.

When Karen went into that heroin den and asked for a bump, I thought they were actually gonna go there for a second... Great way to play with the expectations of comic readers, writers. Well played.

“You need to pay me back for you rent”. Great way to kick things off. :funny:

The show just keeps delivering on all fronts. The characters are all great portrayals, the story is progressing nicely, and that fight was amazing between two special people with different skill sets.
Yeah, made for a very interesting confrontation with their opposing specialities.

Damn, that fight was great. Had me on the edge of my seat.

Everyone catching Ls left and right while Fisk is enjoying himself in his hotel.

Ok that fight was insanely awesome.

I absolutely loved the choreography of the hand to hand stuff, especially seeing Bullseye use pretty much anything and everything as a weapon in that office.
Yes, this is a great interpretation of Bullseye and his abilities.

In a way, Matt missed a perfect alibi chance by just hiding the mask and making it look like he among those attacked. No one necessarily knew he came in with a suit. Of course, they don't know he's Daredevil, they think he fixed evidence for Fisk. I'm curious how things will shake out, but I'm sure Matt knows getting locked up doesn't help. Now he's on the run in almost all his identities.

Five Stars.

I figured his plan to exonerate himself was gone once he found out Jasper was dead so he bailed.

I wasn't keeping track of time and thought the episode would end just before the fight. Damn. This season just keeps getting better.

Yeah, that entire office sequence was INSANE. Watching Bullseye just slice and dice his way through the Bulletin was as beautiful as it was brutal. Wilson Bethel is just killing it as Dex (no pun intended). I'm glad he didn't land the Captain America role, because this is the character he was born to play. And the fight between Matt and Dex was stunning. It's funny because in my office the other day, we had a mandatory training about what you should do if an active shooter ever comes into the office. Generally, if you are forced to engage the shooter, the goal is to get his gun away from him so he's no longer a threat. In the case of Bullseye, that doesn't really help. Dude can kill you with a pencil.

I never really expected them to do so much with Bullseye’s first fight sequence. Very inventive and they made him feel really dangerous, even to someone who can move like Daredevil.

So much yes. This episode is just fantastic all the way around

Yup. Best one of the season so far. :)

My heart was pounding at the whole office sequence. I thought the prison scene would be the sole action highlight of the season so I’m glad to be proven wrong.

Nice callback too with Karen going to the crackhouse.

Controversial opinion: This was better than the prison fight.

I just finished this episode last night and wanted to know how does Dex come into possession of Daredevil's red suit?

I just finished this episode last night and wanted to know how does Dex come into possession of Daredevil's red suit?

It's explained in a later episode. I think 7 or 8, I can't remember

Fisk has intimidated Melvin into building a copy of the suit

Controversial opinion: This was better than the prison fight.
I think a fair number of people will prefer it as it's quite different and a unique kind of battle compared to much of what we've seen. Glad we don't have to choose!

Sometimes, I have to wonder, why didn't Karen come clean to Matt about Wesley here when he appeared in her apartment, and instead it
took the church attack and scene in the crypt in episodes 10 and 11 for her to finally tell him the truth?

Hell Dex was awesome in that suit. I like the Fisk/Dex-Connection more and more…

Greatest Action in TV here by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"