Daredevil Season 3, Episode 6 "The Devil You Know" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

He looked good in the Daredevil suit and the action was very imaginative. Top episode.

A few thoughts:

1. I kinda feel like Matt could have just pulled the mask off and pretended to have been injured in the attack. It would exonerate him from the Daredevil title.

2. Karen had her gun out. Why didn't she start shooting immediately when Dex entered the room? She's shown she's willing to use deadly force before, she knew Matt just got taken out by the guy. She shouldn't have hesitated to at least try to put him down. I would've been fine with it if Karen actually fired at him and the armor absorbed the bullets like it did in the stairway with the FBI agents. Dex had just killed half a dozen of her coworkers and beat up one of her friends. If Wesley threatening to kill her friends was enough to put her into action mode, wouldn't you think that having her friends actually killed would be enough to get her to empty a gun at Dex?

A few thoughts:

1. I kinda feel like Matt could have just pulled the mask off and pretended to have been injured in the attack. It would exonerate him from the Daredevil title.

2. Karen had her gun out. Why didn't she start shooting immediately when Dex entered the room? She's shown she's willing to use deadly force before, she knew Matt just got taken out by the guy. She shouldn't have hesitated to at least try to put him down. I would've been fine with it if Karen actually fired at him and the armor absorbed the bullets like it did in the stairway with the FBI agents. Dex had just killed half a dozen of her coworkers and beat up one of her friends. If Wesley threatening to kill her friends was enough to put her into action mode, wouldn't you think that having her friends actually killed would be enough to get her to empty a gun at Dex?

I think seeing her friends killed by someone as skilled as Dex would likely frighten anyone who isn't a trained combatant, and seeing him in the Daredevil suit may also have had an effect on her.

Plus as much as Wesley threatening her friends sparked something in her, killing him is something she's conflicted about. I don't think it'd be easy for her to try that again.

While I liked a lot of what they gave us in season 3, like the storylines for Fisk, for Dex, and for Nadeem, there were some things I disliked.

Namely, I feel Matt's dialogues with imaginary people were overused, and seemed more like an excuse to give Matt someone to talk to, which is more of a problem that the show created by walling him off from his loved ones. I also feel that Matt, Karen and Foggy's reconciliation in the last few episodes felt rushed. Like, as a trio, Matt, Karen and Foggy only had five or so scenes together and all of them were in the last three episodes. They needed more episodes to reconcile. I know there's a plot going on with having to bring down Fisk, but I feel like the reconciliation of the trio's relationships took a backseat to the plot.

Was the episode told out of order? Because I get the impression that the scene of Foggy telling Nadeem is supposed to happen before the scene of Matt and Karen finding Jasper, not after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"