Legion Season 3 Premiere: Chapter 20

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
You ready? Are we ever? Probably not. Yeah, this link isn't for the premiere specifically, but figured it would suffice.

Fairly certain I didn't take drugs this evening...

Gotta love the cinematography and costume design in this show.

I can't explain why, but I love that Switch's powers of time travel are visualized through a literal hallway of different times. It's creative, yet effective in getting across just what she can do.

Solid, trippy premiere. One thing I enjoyed is this literally felt like the next day from where Season 2 ended. There's no recap or reintroduction to the characters. It jumps right into business with introducing us to Switch, giving us a look at David and Lenny's Fun House, their fight with Division, a hallway fight that would make even Matt Murdock see, and a nice flip of the script where David is, right now, the villain of the story.

Seriously, Season 2 and eventually 3 are begging for a Blu-Ray release. Can't just be Season 1.

The giant hook and the song amused the hell out of me. Love that they seem to be dialing it up to eleven. Switch was introduced very effectively and the D3 Airship and David's place were awesome. Also happily surprised they brought Clark's husband back. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Oh, and I need a full series blue-ray once this is over. Especially after they didn't release season 2.

tumblr_ptok1kLFHg1s7xfipo2_540.gif

tumblr_ptok1kLFHg1s7xfipo3_540.gif

tumblr_ptok1kLFHg1s7xfipo1_540.gif

tumblr_ptok1kLFHg1s7xfipo4_540.gif

I'm re-watching the first episode before the new episode airs.
This was a damn good start to the new season. I love how weird this show is, if it wasn't for Happy! I'd say this was the weirdest show I've watched in years.

It's definitely different. :p

I'd definitely say when it comes to weird comic book shows, that Legion, Happy, Preacher, and Deadly Class are all in their own sort of...well, class, as far as embracing the weird part about being comic book adaptations.

I would say Doom Patrol and I'm sure that's there as well, but I haven't seen enough of that series for myself to make a conclusion, outside of the 'Flexed the wrong muscle' scene.

This finally aired in my country last night, and it was magnificent.
Continues to be one of the most imaginative shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"