• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 and beyond...

Vildayyan003

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we all know that Agents of SHIELD will be cancelled at the end of season 4 but what would everyone's opinion be of a Netflix pickup of the show, if that were even possible? I really think the show should die after season 4 but I DO want the characters to live on in some sort of way in MCU. Just a thought on a rainy dreary and rainy day at "work" in Dallas...

It all depends on how season four comes across for me. If it feels like a natural end, it shouldn't continue. Otherwise, it should maybe have a season or two more - on a TV channel preferably and not Netflix. Otherwise, I'd like to see an Agents of SHIELD movie that concludes the agents' story.

I don't necessarily think Netflix would be a good fit. I'd like the show to drop weekly and have an annual episode that coincides with the movies. Honestly, Hulu might work better since they'll occasionally do that.

I personally think five seasons would be perfect. It'll end right around the same time as Infinity War pt. 1, which I think would be very fitting.

I don't necessarily think Netflix would be a good fit. I'd like the show to drop weekly and have an annual episode that coincides with the movies. Honestly, Hulu might work better since they'll occasionally do that.

I personally think five seasons would be perfect. It'll end right around the same time as Infinity War pt. 1, which I think would be very fitting.

Five seasons would make sense if Agents of SHIELD characters are included in Infinity War. It would effectively end at the same time as the original MCU universe then before the MCU moves onto a new start with phase 4 and beyond.

There would have to be less episodes. Like 10-13.

We still need some MAJOR clousure still with Carter. With C.W. we did see Howard went ahead and reproduced the super soldier formula for one, and we never got an actual SSR/Shield transfer

Plus there is the mystery of what those files are about. Quite obviously they were about Michael, but what'd he do? Presumably he somehow is still alive, as Sharon probably wasn't born yet before his "death".

What I would like to see happen is to let AoS finish out season 4 and then bring it back in the spring of 2018 as a special mini-series event. I'd like to see a 4-night crossover event with The Defenders leading into Infinity War. The Defenders Netflix series should air towards the end of 2017, so that team will be established prior to IW.

The plot could see SHIELD enlisting the assistance of The Defenders to tackle mysterious disturbances popping up around the globe. Mix up the teams for some interesting character interactions, as they each go out to confront what ends up being the very early onslaught from Thanos.

Alpha Team - Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Deathlok, Daredevil
Bravo Team - Agent Coulson, Agent May, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Lance Hunter
Charlie Team - Agent Hill, Quake, Agent 13, Iron Fist, Mack
Others - Agent Fitz, Agent Simmons, Dr. Selvig, Dr. Cho

Film this in August of 2017 to air in late March 2018 for four consecutive nights, each night focusing on one team, with the climax the final night. This would probably need to leave Fury, Hawkeye, and Hill in a position to show up in IW, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Air this on ABC and then made available on Netflix immediately after. Pie in the sky idea, but it would be a cool way to get all of these characters involved in IW in some capacity.

That would be random and insane. But thankfully, not even the slightest bit likely. A bunch of street level heroes from NYC aren't going to get drafted by the remnants of SHIELD to do stuff that has zero to do with their own goals or themes.

I'm hoping other characters show up during the season , and not just Ghost Rider

Looks like they finally got something right , lets see if they can keep it going

What I would like to see happen is to let AoS finish out season 4 and then bring it back in the spring of 2018 as a special mini-series event. I'd like to see a 4-night crossover event with The Defenders leading into Infinity War. The Defenders Netflix series should air towards the end of 2017, so that team will be established prior to IW.

The plot could see SHIELD enlisting the assistance of The Defenders to tackle mysterious disturbances popping up around the globe. Mix up the teams for some interesting character interactions, as they each go out to confront what ends up being the very early onslaught from Thanos.

Alpha Team - Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Deathlok, Daredevil
Bravo Team - Agent Coulson, Agent May, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Lance Hunter
Charlie Team - Agent Hill, Quake, Agent 13, Iron Fist, Mack
Others - Agent Fitz, Agent Simmons, Dr. Selvig, Dr. Cho

Film this in August of 2017 to air in late March 2018 for four consecutive nights, each night focusing on one team, with the climax the final night. This would probably need to leave Fury, Hawkeye, and Hill in a position to show up in IW, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Air this on ABC and then made available on Netflix immediately after. Pie in the sky idea, but it would be a cool way to get all of these characters involved in IW in some capacity.

Only problem there is they'd have to re-negotiate a deal with Channel 4 here in UK so they'd air it on the same nights rather than ages later.

I wonder if maybe Netflix could do a secret warriors or shield movie depending on how this season ends even a MCU direct-to-video movie could work for shield and or agent Carter to tie in loose ends

I honestly think the reason they are doing Ghost Rider and have, essentially, rebooted the show is to ease a move to Netflix. The show felt completely different last night. The lighting, tone, and just general direction they are going with felt so different. They split the team up and are diving into areas that it seemed they were reluctant to. They seemed pretty committed to being all inhumans, all the time the past 2 seasons. They usually do refresh the show every season but this feels far more drastic, almost on par with the season 2 premiere which showed a much darker tone off of season 1 (which also came with the shift from 8-9:00PM).

For all the talk of the show being practically ignored by the Marvel hierarchy, they gave them the chance to use an incarnation of Ghost Rider and they are also doing LMD's. Ghost Rider is the biggest shock because they could've easily launched a Netflix project for him right out of the gate but, instead, they allowed him to join SHIELD. That is another factor that makes me think this was intentional. They saw the ratings. They knew they were reaching what was needed for syndication. They saw AC get cancelled and Most Wanted have issues and then get canned. The way they set things up at the end of last season with the time jump did not suggest they were going in a darker, supernatural Ghost Rider type direction. The LMD's seemed like the big thing. It all felt so out of left field. My theory is they saw the writing on the wall and had talks with Netflix. SHEILD already streams on there any way. They discussed the idea of moving there and brainstormed ways to ease a transition. They were given the option of Ghost Rider and decided to use him to usher in essentially a reboot in tone and focus. The show I watched last night could easily fit on Netflix with other Marvel properties. The LMD stuff and stuff with the new director will serve as the stories that will be used to keep SHEILD fans from the past few seasons watching should they not like the darker, Ghost Rider type stuff.

Perhaps Angents Of Shield should deal with Skrulls & Super Skrulls could be used in the movies.

I can't see Netflix picking up AoS (Though I wish they'd pick up Agent Carter and continue with that) The only characters I'd like to see after the show ends are May, Mack, Fitz and Simmons. If they could be worked into an existing Netflix show, I'd be happy with that.

I can't see Netflix picking up AoS (Though I wish they'd pick up Agent Carter and continue with that) The only characters I'd like to see after the show ends are May, Mack, Fitz and Simmons. If they could be worked into an existing Netflix show, I'd be happy with that.

Not Coulson and Daisy too?

You know that's impossible since FOX holds the rights to the Skrulls, right?

Marvel had to get something back in exchange for the X-Men TV rights. I wouldn't be surprised if some portion of the FF character family has reverted or is in the process of reverting.

I think that the Skrulls can be used by both...but Super Skrulls are exclusively Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"