Season 7, Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" Discussion Thread

IN a real fight, i feel arya would get the upper hand... then get cocky... babble about BRIENNE NOT PROTECTING HER MOTHER! HE BROTHER! HER SISTER! ....KILLED DEYYYY CHILDREN!!!!!!

Then get knocked on her ass and Brienne would proceed to crush her skull like a grape...

I feel like Arya's near death experience with the faceless girl has humbled her somewhat. She basked in revenge on the Frey's once she knew they were all dead, but she's been very meticulous about how she goes about killing her enemies before that.

I mean... I was joking like it was the Mountain V the Viper.. but that just flew right over heads.

I don't know how, that seemed pretty straightforward. :funny:

I mean... I was joking like it was the Mountain V the Viper.. but that just flew right over heads.

Dammit Reek, what have we told you about indulging in humor? EUNUCHS DON'T GET TO BE FUNNY.

Now go cuddle Ramsay's mutilated corpse.

I dunno, Arya seems like a nice boy, I bet she has a lot of friends.

I don't get this growing hate against her. She has every right. Her family was murdered. She feels it's her birthright to rule Westeros. She has an army and 3 dragons to affirm her desires. She's spent 6 years going from basically an abused teenager to freeing thousands of slaves. She is going to change things in Westeros. She's going to burn her enemies. It's up to her enemies if they wanna bend the knee or not.

Everyone assumes that she knows the actual level of threat White Walkers present. But she still is weary of Jon Snow's claims, and even then, no one in the North really believes they are as in severe a danger as Jon knows they are.

Given everything she knows, winning the war being her top priority makes sense (for now). And the only way to do that is to stop Cersei's army. She did that in a way that will be canonized in song and story, assuming humanity survives the Long Night. And she also now has put Cersei in a corner in King's Landing. It is excellent strategy.

It is surprising that she kills people in an admittedly gruesome way and she is a monster. Jon Snow leads men into the Battle for Winterfell that leaves thousands dead, and he is a hero.

SqW3EOy.jpg

The Sea Horse That Mounts The World.

It's true. Arya has a bigger sack than Theon.

She's going to burn opposition soldiers who are under orders and have no choice in what they do. Everything else is cool. That part is not so cool. Forcing anyone to yield where saying no means death is the same way most conquerors rise to power. In other words she's not dissimilar to those conquerors and her fans should understand that she is still going to burn their families if they happen to be born on the wrong side and find themselves forcibly drafted into the military.

Who says the soldiers have no choice? They are the army Cersi/Jamie don't have the power to force them to do anything. Once they are armed they can easily rebel against the Lannisters and kill them. If they don't want to fight Dany's dragons they can just go home and stay neutral or join her in overthrowing Cersi.

If they choose to stand against her than they have to expect what comes next.

Who says the soldiers have no choice? They are the army Cersi/Jamie don't have the power to force them to do anything. Once they are armed they can easily rebel against the Lannisters and kill them. If they don't want to fight Dany's dragons they can just go home and stay neutral or join her in overthrowing Cersi.

And get slaughtered on sight? Any soldier that turns is going to be murdered by any number of the thousands of men they are working with. Theres nothing realistic or reasonable about the scenario you pose

And what do you think happens to them if they try and rebel against Cersei who is much less tolerant than Dany? Dany isn't going to lock anyone into a cell to get raped endlessly for decades by The Mountain. :csad:

Not when she can just have a barbecue instead. :p

Not when she can just have a barbecue instead. :p

Yeah, Dany wasn't being cruel. The soldiers were just in the wrong place (in the line of fire) at the wrong time and it just happened to be Dothraki BBQ season at the time,

Yeah, Dany wasn't being cruel. The soldiers were just in the wrong place (in the line of fire) at the wrong time and it just happened to be Dothraki BBQ season at the time,

Dany has had her dragons barbecue people that oppose her in the past; not simply soldiers at war in the most recent episode

Dany has had her dragons barbecue people that oppose her in the past; not simply soldiers at war in the most recent episode

It was one of the master that pinned slaves on crosses if I remember. Fair game.

It was one of the master that pinned slaves on crosses if I remember. Fair game.

The masters were crucified ala "an eye for an eye". The one I just posted above was a Mereen elder --all of whom were suspected of some complicity with the Sons of the Harpy but this was not proven. The guy who was burned and torn to pieces by Rhaegal and Viserion may have been innocent, but Dany felt like she needed to make an example of him -- in the ruthless Targaryen tradition!

I loved the scene --it came right after Ser Barristan warned Dany against becoming like her father. :funny:
Save
Save
Save

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back