Thread for the people who love Season 8

Im still waiting for the people who say the way the handled the Night King defeat was stupid to tell me how would they have done it.

Anyway that ends with Night King losing IS STUPID. He should have won. PERIOD.

Having a happy ending with Danny and Jon married and sitting on the iron throne IS STUPID BORING AND PRETENTIOUS.

Season 8 is not great but its fine for me. Season 6 and 7 were better but the expectations are so high it could have never lived up to the hype.

"If you think this has a happy ending you havent been paying attention."

I don't think anyone was asking for a happy ending. What they wanted was an ending that wasn't a rushed, convoluted mess where people suddenly became different characters at the drop of a hat and where threats that have been built up since the first MINUTES of the show weren't wiped away so easily.

ic7w8y4h28y21.jpg

I have enjoyed a hell of a lot of it.

Has it been perfect? In my eyes no but there's been more than enough for me to enjoy.

Even the stuff I didn't like I have been sort of forced to like in some way. Good example is Jamie & Cersei death scene as it was going on I was like "really, this is how they're killing two of the biggest characters in the shows history" not going to lie I wasn't a fan but credit to Lena Headey she was so helpless and terrified in that scene that she did make me have a flicker of empathy for Cersei in that moment even after all she's done.

Plus this will always go down as the episode that gave us the Cleganebowl.

I don't think anyone was asking for a happy ending. What they wanted was an ending that wasn't a rushed, convoluted mess where people suddenly became different characters at the drop of a hat and where threats that have been built up since the first MINUTES of the show weren't wiped away so easily.

I understand the characters arcs that didnt make sense. Jamie and Daenarys in perticular.
Personally i wasnt bothered at all. But i understand the criticism.

Plz someone explain to me how was any scenario of the Night King not winning NOT MEGASTUPID and how they could have done it better ?

Its was perfectly fine. The battle of the 3rd episode was great.

Last edited:
I think the problem is the condensed seasons have forced the writers to move things along at a much faster pace. But despite what the angry mob says I think they've handled it to the best of their ability. but people would have complained regardless. I don't think anyone will be happy with the resolution next week. Even at it's worst this is still easily the greatest show on tv imo.

Last edited:
I still like GoT and I won't deny that it is a phenomenon. But I wouldn't call it the greatest show on TV. If we're talking all time, that honor still goes to Breaking Bad, at least for me. I also feel that some similar shows that haven't gotten the nearly same hype level are actually better. In terms of tighter storytelling, Black Sails was a superior show (and it also made much better use of Dickon, lol).

I don't know if there's ever been a bigger show than GOT, at least not in my lifetime. It's the biggest of blockbusters but as a television show, and who knows if something so culturally ubiquitous will ever come around again (on TV). I think D&D deserve some credit for making that happen; before the show GRRM's books weren't exactly ultra famous, and now he's one of the most well known authors around.

That is very true. GRRM had his fans but he wasn't anywhere near the level of fame he's achieved thanks to the show. And to their credit, they did adapt his material very well in the early seasons (mostly, though Stannis fans certainly have a right to be pissed).

That is very true. GRRM had his fans but he wasn't anywhere near the level of fame he's achieved thanks to the show. And to their credit, they did adapt his material very well in the early seasons (mostly, though Stannis fans certainly have a right to be pissed).

What are the big differences that pissed fans between book and show Stannis ?

What are the big differences that pissed fans between book and show Stannis ?

Well, I only read the first two books but Stannis wasn’t such a puppet of Melisandre at the beginning at least. He even acts like her whole “pulling the sword from the flame” thing is a bunch of BS. After that I’m not sure but I know that D&D told Dillane to ignore the books and he later said he wished he hadn’t done that.

Seasons 1-4 the writing was phenomenal.
Add to that all throughout seasons 1-8 the music , the sets , the dresses , the attention to detail , the battles the visuals and all the amazing characters and brilliant actors.

There is no show out there that even comes close to GOT.

I'm still in love with this show. Sure it was rushed, whatever.

But the themes are incredible.

A song of Ice (the White Walker threat) and Fire (the Daenarys threat). I always assumed it was about Jon Snow, but perhaps he's the red herring.

The people united to defeat the threat of death, only to have the threat of power and obsession to destroy the unity they built. Just as in real life. There is no black or white. Just many shades of grey.

Also, convinced that had there been no books and people aware of the Red Wedding to hold the hands of those that didn't read the books, we'd be where we are now in season 3.

Last edited:
Also, convinced that had there been no books and people aware of the Red Wedding to hold the hands of those that didn't read the books, we'd be where we are now in season 3.
Great point, all the people talking about what should happen, what characters deserve in-story and/or on a meta level, and the arc of said characters not being fulfilled and about what the audience deserves: did anyone deserve the Red Wedding? Did it serve the characterization of Robb?
Also the character journeys of Marjerie, her brother and Renly were not finished, the world they lived ib didn't care and that was the point of their ends.
This show is simply going about as usual, just a tiny bit sped up.

I don't think we would as the Red Wedding wasn't rushed. Sure, it's not quite as well set up as in the books but there's a very logical chain of events and character behavior that lead there. Daenerys' turn just feels like they skipped over a bunch of steps in the character progression and jumped directly into the endgame. I think it's much more common to be upset about the unearned nature of her act of insanity than with the fact that she went insane. I've thought of the possibility of her going mad since before the show started, and I'm fine with that if it's built up well. This show has really been about character development up until the last few seasons.

I think the guy on Twitter that talked about how Martin writes his story based on the characters, and the show-runners (when on their own) write based on what end results they want, nailed it. It's two different writing styles. That's a big reason why I don't think the Red Wedding was ever going to have this reaction.

As for the people that enjoy this season, I'm happy for them. I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's bad, I just don't like it myself.

As for the people that enjoy this season, I'm happy for them. I'm not trying to convince anyone that it's bad, I just don't like it myself.

Well to be fair its not great but its good enough for me and i try to enjoy it as much as i can.
I dont see how its deal breaking like it is for some people.

Its also funny to me how the whole thing with "what will the people do/how did they like it" those who named their kids Khaleesi or Daenarys. As if its even a relevant arguement.

I mean come on. Why would you even name your kid after a fictional character ? If i continue with this people will get offended and i ll get banned.

I don't think we would as the Red Wedding wasn't rushed. Sure, it's not quite as well set up as in the books but there's a very logical chain of events and character behavior that lead there. Daenerys' turn just feels like they skipped over a bunch of steps in the character progression and jumped directly into the endgame. I think it's much more common to be upset about the unearned nature of her act of insanity than with the fact that she went insane. I've thought of the possibility of her going mad since before the show started, and I'm fine with that if it's built up well. This show has really been about character development up until the last few seasons.

I think the guy on Twitter that talked about how Martin writes his story based on the characters, and the show-runners (when on their own) write based on what end results they want, nailed it. It's two different writing styles. That's a big reason why I don't think the Red Wedding was ever going to have this reaction.

Yeah, the Red Wedding was shocking, but when it happened, it made sense. Robb had made some bad, perhaps stupid choices that led to his demise. You didn't have to spend more than five seconds with Walder Frey to know he wasn't someone you could trust. The Lannisters were already shown to be ruthless bastards who would used some underhanded tactics to win a war. We didn't know much about the Boltons at that point but their betrayal was intended to be a surprise. And as for whether there were promises unfulfilled with Robb, Catelyn, etc., that was kind of the point. We were led to believe that they were going to have important roles in the years to come but unlike Jon, Dany, Bran and Arya, there weren't actual prophecies that could potentially play into their futures; we just assumed that they would continue to have prominent roles, much like we thought Ned would until the end of the first season.

Well to be fair its not great but its good enough for me and i try to enjoy it as much as i can.

Its also funny to me how the whole thing with "what will the people do/how did they like it" those who named their kids Khaleesi or Daenarys. As if its even a relevant arguement.

I mean come on. Why would you even name your kid after a fictional character ? If i continue with this people will get offended and i ll get banned.

LOL, if you named your kid Daenarys and you're only now regretting it because she turned out to be an evil psycho on the show... that's on you. Seriously. You named your kid after a fictional dragon queen from a popular TV show. It's almost as bad as naming your child Chalupa Batman.

I just saw that I thought I had posted in a different thread, so my negativity wasn't intended to be here. I'll certainly say that I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season. I think they took their time and treated characters pretty well so it was a step up from last season.

I agree that it's not an argument that people have named their children after Dany. It's perfectly fair game to have her be affected by the hereditary illness of her house, and naming a child after a fictional character doesn't give you any power over it (the character).

I just saw that I thought I had posted in a different thread, so my negativity wasn't intended to be here. I'll certainly say that I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season. I think they took their time and treated characters pretty well so it was a step up from last season.

I agree that it's not an argument that people have named their children after Dany. It's perfectly fair game to have her be affected by the hereditary illness of her house, and naming a child after a fictional character doesn't give you any power over it (the character).

The first 2 episodes were the best. 10/10.

The 3rd one was good. I understand the resolution with the Night King was meh but i think any resolution would be meh nomatter what given the fact they had limited episodes and it was stupid that they would even win in the first place! So i have no gripes with it. 9/10.

Episodes 4 and 5 were ok. I completely understand the messed up / not properly handled character arcs and the stupidity with Euron magically crossing paths with Jaime or the magically amazing bad aim from all the scorpions. I get it. I just dont mind it much. 8/10.

Overall its a 9/10 for me. I dont mind the flaws.

They should have had 10 episodes for both seasons 7 and 8. Thats a shame they didnt and it didnt help.

But still. GOT is the best of the best. I feel bad for the people that hate it. Sucks for them i guess.

We are not alone! The King himself loves the new season!
87039133-1015-498-E-AAF7-6672-A3637-F83.jpg

Reactions: Bim
I understand the characters arcs that didnt make sense. Jamie and Daenarys in perticular.
Personally i wasnt bothered at all. But i understand the criticism.

Plz someone explain to me how was any scenario of the Night King not winning NOT MEGASTUPID and how they could have done it better ?

Its was perfectly fine. The battle of the 3rd episode was great.
How about the Night King is killed like the prophecy says. It takes the sword LightBringe to be the one to kill him, and it's through Azor Hai when he has to drive his sword into the one he loves most? It could have been Dany, or really shocking, Arya. Everyone thinks Arya is sure to live because she is the favorite of the author's wife, but that would be the biggest shock, if she is killed by Jon.

Jon killing Arya? How would they pull that off and have it make sense?

Reactions: Bim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"