Iron Fist Season Two, Episode 8 "Citadel on the Edge of Vengeance"

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Episode Eight

Use Spoiler Tags for any discussion beyond this episode

d1d1f21c92035b1735aa_7.jpg

Joy offers Davos tips on appealing to the masses, Danny begins to understand his limits, and Mary seeks the truth about her past.

It looks like the Bloody Mary persona is present. It's going to be interesting too see where they take her (assuming she survives the last two episodes). I can imagine that she'd appear on Jessica Jones or Daredevil since she'd be a great foil for Jessica and has some really interesting ties to Matt and Fisk.

^ Is the last one Bloody Mary or Typhoid Mary? I don't think Walker is really Typhoid.

This was a fun episode with a lot of good moments in it. Davos's mission continues to be terrifying. The moment where Bibi and Joy work to steal the bowl were great. The fights between Danny and Colleen were great. That being said, I don't want the proposed solution to take effect.

Four and a Half Stars.

Well, I wasn’t expecting things to go that way for Mr. Yip and Rhyno. Didn’t think the kids were really buying into what Davos was selling. At least not to that level.

Excited to see the other personalities within Mary.

Colleen as the Iron Fist is a cool idea.

Well well well, things are certainly getting interesting.

I found an incredible easter egg in this episode. Check it out and see if you see it. No one is talking about it.

And of course, we have to get the episode that shows that the villain who was actually the good guy the whole season has crossed the line so...seriously....dont root for him. I really am sick of that tactic. Through poor writing for an entire season, they fail to make a villain an actual bad guy, so they need one quick scene to push them so far that you CANT root for them. A prime example is when The Walking Dead did that with Shane (who I still believe would have been a better leader than Rick...and was correct in that feud).

On the bright side...Colleen appears to be a better teacher than the entire roster of experts in K'un Lun, who all failed to even identify that Danny was emotionally unfit to be the Iron Fist, let alone address it. They used these scenes to basically admit that Danny sucks as the Iron Fist, and hopefully this means that they are working to build the character from the ground up all over again, for the future. While she absolutely deserves the Fist more than Danny does, I appreciate that they are taking the painful steps necessary to fix the massive problems that resulted from an idiotic and disastrous first season.

So has anyone noticed that with this episode, the show has pretty much turned into the Karate Kid?

Davos is essentially Johnny Lawrence and John Kreese rolled into one, and his dojo is Cobra Kai. He's telling his students to show no mercy and to strike first. And he seems slightly oblivious to things that are going on in the real world. He's also taking his aggressive philosophy too far.

On the other hand, Danny is naturally Daniel "San"/ Daniel LaRusso. Danny LaRand anyone? He is being trained by Colleen who is essentially Mr Myagi, helping him to tap into his inner peace. And Danny is nursing a broken leg after Davos didn't "sweep the leg" but broke the leg. Maybe Danny will beat Davos with a crane kick to his face?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"