Iron Fist SEASON TWO, EPISODE 3 "This Deadly Secret"

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Episode Three

Use Spoiler Tags for any discussion beyond this episode

d1d1f21c92035b1735aa_2.jpg

In an effort to ease the tension between Ward and Joy, Danny and Colleen switch gears and host a dinner party. Mary delivers a warning.

ETA: I would love it if a moderator could edit the title to get rid of the all caps.

Last edited:
Ward is an A-Hole, but he's a likeable A-Hole. Of course, he leads to the world's most awkward dinner and then a second attempt to break bread that goes equally wrong. That being said, everyone is right and everyone is wrong. Joy wouldn't have shown up if they had told her the truth, but they should still have told her the truth. Lying didn't accomplish anything. But the dinner cleared the air, which was important. With the Triad meeting, I thought the fight was very intense.

The other big thing, of course, is the growing role of Mary. The relevation that Joy hired "Walker" to photograph Danny is a big deal and finally makes it clear why she's connected. I also feel I should comment on the Walker personality. I suspect they're doing it because no one goes around doing business as "Typhoid." Walker is a comics personality for Mary. She's the fourth personality who is sort of emotionless but far more put together than the other personalities who are crazy, weak, and/or violent. The "whatever blows your skirt up," however, is a classic Typhoid Mary line.

Four and a Half Stars.

I don't think Joy's anger with Danny over keeping the secret about Harold is justified. He didn't know for long, nor was it his place to tell her.

Good fight sequence with the Triad and the "Walker" reveal. Things are firing on all cylinders here and I'm just really enjoying season 2

Well I guess Mary ain’t some random problem. I thought she was going to be revealed to be the one causing alarm at the Triad meeting.

I was hoping Ward would show up or at least show up after Joy and Davos left.

Perhaps Mary could say that it was Patsy "Trish" Walker who took the photographs, because she looks a bit like Alice Eve and is going through a crazy phase herself. Plus Trish is often snooping or reporting on things.

I found it hilarious when Wing mentioned that Iron Fist has no defined role...right after they talked about him being a poor replacement for Daredevil...and right before they talked about a Daredevil villain doing stuff on this show. No defined role, you say? No kidding.

At least this season is better than the last...but I still don't care about much of what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"