Iron Fist SEASON TWO, EPISODE 2 "The City's Not For Burning"

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
Episode Two

Use Spoiler Tags for any discussion beyond this episode

d1d1f21c92035b1735aa_1.jpg

Danny and Colleen strive to broker a badly needed peace. Ward crashes his sister's auction, and Joy plays matchmaker - with a twist.

ETA: My OCD is going to bother me unless I can get rid of the All Caps.

Last edited:
So far, I'm not sure Mary fits, but damn is she compelling in her craziness.

I liked this episode a lot. The Gang War stuff is interesting. An all out fight would have been cool, but I appreciate that they found a different way. Good intentions backfired, of course, but not in the way I expected. I like that Danny and Colleen are supportive of what each other does and helps each other out. I also like the hints of the Tigers in the background even though we don't see them much. The kids felt a little like the runaways in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, though.

The K'un Lun fight was great. It's well-correographed and the message it delivered is clear without having to spell it out. Davos didn't win the fight, but he didn't lose it either. He was forced to end it early because his father wanted to protect him. Great to see Lei-Kung, Yu-Ti, and the rest. You kind of get the impression that Davos is the far more lethal fighter these days than Danny, minus the Iron Fist.

By the way, there's a clear reference to the X-Men in this episode. The coffee bar is the Coffee A Go-Go, first seen in X-Men #7 from 1964.

Four and a Half Stars.

Enjoyable episode but not as good as the first episode of this season. I'll watch episode 3 tonight but I can't wait to see where this season goes and what's going on with Mary...

I’m still under the impression that Mary is some kind of random and potentially dangerous nuisance for Danny.

I chuckled at Colleen still using a corded phone. Mostly because I’ve been watching Mad Men.

I was thinking after Joy pimping him out, Davos would at least be not so wound up tight. But I guess not with that mini Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, he’s still deathly serious. I assume there will be no peace because of that.

After the flashback, I feel like Joy and Davos are perfect in their petty revenge. Although I guess Davis’ anger feel more justified outside of Danny being able to become the Iron Fist.

Finally getting to see how the fight went down between Danny & Davos was a great payoff for season 1.

I am personally now starting to see where Davos hate for Danny comes from. He took everything Davos was ever meant to be, the fist, his father's approval and his mother's love, were all lost in his mind because of Danny.

The exchanges with Davos and his mother were brutal.

I found it interesting how the fight compared to the Immortal Iron Fist comic with Davos and Wendell.
IgGOozK.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"