Sept/Oct Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

I originally had the idea of a zombie Batman holding a Joker head, but someone else already did that, so I just did a quick manip.

3996288296_123fb956df_b.jpg

AH! Homerun!

NOT MY ENTRY

I was gonna enter X-MEN last stand team shot as Zombies but RING DEACON beat me to it with this cool wolvie.:awesome:
zombielogan.jpg

And found on google someone already did a last stand team Zombies pic about a year ago :doh:
ZOMBYBAT.jpg

NO IDEA WHAT TO ENTER NOW :dry:

Last edited:
Here's my entry for the contest, it's not superhero related, but it fits with the zombie theme: Zombie Ben Franklin. I just finished it up. It's a CD cover for a group called The RBE (hence the little watermark, that's not coming off for about a year). The entire concept of the image was their idea, I just painted it.

benfranklin_watermarked.jpg

AWESOME, and i love that you went outside the box! zombie-franklin is badace!

If i post a picture in contest thread & my art thread would it be disqualified ?

This rule has me puzzled if it's permitted or not

"ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST."

Last edited:
From what I understand, you can not use a pic that you have already posted in another thread. I am not sure if that means you can not post it here first before posting it elsewhere.

Alright, been done with this for a few days now, thought I might as well post it.

Batman vs. Jason Todd
(A Scarecrow Hallucination by Antmanx68)

This was done with Charcoal and colored digitally.

Hope you like it.

:batty:

Hot :up:

Sigh. With all the good stuff this month, I shouldn't even bother, yet I will.

Contest_entry_October_by_Batzarro.jpg

The theme was zombies and since both Marvel and Dc have been exploiting this theme recently, I tried to go with characters that haven't been shown as zombies. So here's Eyescream, one shot villain with the power to turn into, of all things, ice cream, taking a cone full of Jubilee's brains.

I find the whole thing disturbing. Bu I guess that was kinda the idea.

I may update it if my sister gets that repainting she wanted to do done. Otherwise, this is my final offer.

Honestly, at this point I don't even think of winning. We have some pro level ppl here on the Hype that I couldn't begin to compete with. To me it's just about having fun. These themes give you a goal, but also give tons of freedom to complete it with. So I like to see what everyone comes up with, and I also enjoy submitting something I normally wouldn't draw.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a much longer way than needed is, don't worry, just have fun with it.

Fad, I've been following the art forums here pretty much since I joined in 2003, and if you ask me, if you only do these to win, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place. It's not about the avatar, or the bump in user rank or whatever. It's about doing something in terms or art that you might not normally consider. I know that sometimes, these contests have some rather generic or predictable themes ["Oh, Green Lantern is coming out? Do a GL!"], but sometimes, it's something completely different entirely [some of my faves from the past were Amalgam heroes, Superhero Offspring, or comic movie crossovers like "There's something about Martian Manhunter" or "The Charlie Xavier Picture Show"]. It's about being given a topic to create from-not about the prize.

I agree and like these contests. To tell the truth I haven't messed with my avy in so long even if I did get a bump it would take me forever to do something with it. I just saw the "sigh" above, and "I shouldn't even bother", and thought I'd try to help him not worry so much.

I actually agree with both of you. I just mean, we got some amazing entries in here and i just wanted to admit as my entry that this is pretty much for kicks at this point.

I'm not sparking any debate or anything [especially since you guys would most likely agree anyway :hehe:], but just bring the thought to the forefront.

ZOMBYBAT.jpg

Wow, first time seein this, I used that screen cap from the game as a reference for my picture.... I think its funny that someone had a similar idea.

Last edited:
Just got a tablet, but I suck at drawing....alas I will try and whip something together for this-it being my first contest :D

This is NOT an entry and I DID NOT MAKE THIS.

I just want to know who made it. This pic won one of these art contests a few years back here at Hype and I liked it so much I saved it but I can't remimber who the artist is now. Anyone remember?:huh:

monster20league20of20amqh6.jpg

:yay:

Haven't got a clue, but it is a great piece :) I love it, who ever did it should enter it.

Haven't got a clue, but it is a great piece :) I love it, who ever did it should enter it.
Well like I said, He won one of these art contests already with this pic so I don't think he can enter it again.

Oh yeah right :doh: You did say,I'm like a fart man, sorry,

Oh yeah right :doh: You did say,I'm like a fart man, sorry, still early in the morning

I remember that contest and that name does ring a bell, I think you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"