Severance (Apple TV+)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

From Ben Stiller and creator Dan Erickson, Severance centers around Mark Scout (Adam Scott), a leader of a team of office workers whose memories have been surgically divided between their work and personal lives. This experiment in ‘work-life balance’ is called into question as Mark finds himself at the center of an unraveling mystery that will force him to confront the true nature of his work… and of himself.

Severance features Adam Scott, who stars alongside Academy-Award winner Patricia Arquette, Emmy-winner John Turturro, Britt Lower, Zach Cherry, Dichen Lachman, Jen Tullock, Tramell Tillman, Michael Chernus and Academy Award winner Christopher Walken.

Loved the 1st 2 episodes reminded me a bit of Homecoming.

Have not been engrossed in a series like this since Mr. Robot.

Just happy that Ben Wyatt finally finished his Claymation short 'Requiem for a Tuesday'

I've really enjoyed this show so far. Great acting from everyone. Turturro and Walken are of course mostly always brilliant which they are in their own scenes here, but when some genious also decided to make them interact it's just pure gold IMHO. Also, I've never seen Arquette better than here (at least from my memory).

The main lead actor is one of those I never can remember the name of lol, but he's perfect in this role as well. According to IMDB there seems to be two seasons planned, and I actually hope that this won't be dragging on for several seasons with just more mysteries and unanswered questions (since Lost that's always been my biggest fear with new TV-shows that build on mysteries), but rather gets a conclusion in season 2.

I've really enjoyed this show so far. Great acting from everyone. Turturro and Walken are of course mostly always brilliant which they are in their own scenes here, but when some genious also decided to make them interact it's just pure gold IMHO. Also, I've never seen Arquette better than here (at least from my memory).

The main lead actor is one of those I never can remember the name of lol, but he's perfect in this role as well. According to IMDB there seems to be two seasons planned, and I actually hope that this won't be dragging on for several seasons with just more mysteries and unanswered questions (since Lost that's always been my biggest fear with new TV-shows that build on mysteries), but rather gets a conclusion in season 2.

This is by far my favorite new series of 2022. Everyone has been killing it in this show, most notably the actor who plays Milchick he steals ever scene he's in (I'm not sure I've seen the actor in any other role)

I'm glad we getting another season, for some reason I was under the impression that it was just going to be a limited series, but like you said hopefully it wont drag out ( hoping for 4 seasons at most).

Yes, the actor playing Milchick is brilliant. Always with that servile smile and soft voice (which of course made us all suspicious about him). And he showed some great dance moves as well in this last episode lol. I laughed as hell when Turturro's character just lost it and totally went out of character shouting at him: You smug motherf****r! :D

Hnet.com-image.gif.

The dance sequence was right out of Ex Machina. I also cannot remember when last I've been genuinely surprised by a twist in a series.

Are you talking about last episode's reveal at the end?

yeah, my bad I should have clarified
I kind of figured that out when
they focused on him stitching the photograph together while deliberately not showing his dead wife's face. She's the only one that we, as the audience, knew well enough, who he never interacted with outside work.
Can't say that I'd have guessed it before, though.

FPTye9iVsAEvLUJ.jpg

Not exactly what I had in mind when I heard we were finally going to see a 'Waffle Party'

Finished the season final of Severance yesterday and trying not to use hyperboles like "one of the best episodes of all time", but that being said....holy crap that was a phenomenal 40min of television. The intensity levels were right up there with Breaking Bad's 'Ozymandias' episode.

Sounds blasphemous but this might be the show that finally fills that 'Lost' void. which kind of makes me nervous about S2.

I’ve gotta give it to Apple, it took them two years, but they finally produced a show I’d say is a contender for one of the best first seasons of all-time. I honestly was worried this would follow the Lost direction of posing all these interesting questions, but never giving the audience answers. Thank goodness this is not the case! The last two episodes honestly had my heart racing and the revelations were jaw dropping in some cases.

So happy to see this is renewed.

waited to binge this cause it started out so slow but WOW at that reveal in the finale i knew they was a reason they never showed all there regular lives

incredible

f9219db59029a9be2b362a1e2dcaee3884124f2e.gifv

This show is SO good!

Do you guys have or know any theory? I wanna know.

I could see that being the case, seems like the exact type of s**** that Cobel would do to Mark.

One that I heard is that the product that lumen is developing is the chip. And the people there are some sort of test subjects. And the idea is to put the chip on the market to people can use it to avoid stressful and uncomfortable situations. Like the pregnant lady Mark's sister talked to. She seemed like she used the procedure to not "go through" the experience of going into labor.

I think there's logic behind this, but it would have to be more than that, with all that numbers and goats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"