Shang Chi's fighting style

I’ve just started watching Wu Assassins on Netflix: this show has some really cool action sequences

EDIT: This show also shares a lot of similarities with the story of Shang-Chi. Like, a lot.

Last edited:
Shang Chi, Master of Kirk-Fu. The gentle two-handed fist to the opponent's upper back, rolling on the ground to become a tripping hazard, jumping slowly off a wall, he'll be better than Captain America.

Haha none of that sort of nonsense.

I like the idea of smooth precision points, gliding speedily from one move to the next like animation almost. But Liu is sort of a muscly guy so maybe he could have more of a brawler type style

Shang Chi, Master of Kirk-Fu. The gentle two-handed fist to the opponent's upper back, rolling on the ground to become a tripping hazard, jumping slowly off a wall, he'll be better than Captain America.
(Trek fight music intensifies)

The Master of Kung Fu Vol 1 is the original Shang chi run.Good starting point
What kind of fighting style should Shang Chi have?

Should he mostly stick to one style like these classic martial arts films, and then maybe only switch if one is not working?

Or should he mix it up like Bruce Lee did with Jeet Kune Do where in any one fight scene it could be a mixture of different styles, taking whatever worked and leaving out what didn't?

Also what kind of weapons would you like him to use? Just anything he finds around, or should he carry specific weapons?

Have him shift styles depending on the opponent. And have him recognize each opponent's style easily.

Also, in the original comics run, Shang Chi looked down upon the use of weaponry. I remember him stating that weapons were for the weak or for those attacked by other weapons.

1w719Cd.jpg

I think his style should contrast The Mandarin's, and the Mandarin is the hardest of hardstylists. Lots of powerful chops, palm-strikes, and kicks doing incredible damage to the environment.

So Shang's style should be about redirecting and exhausting the supreme hardest of hardstyle that Mandarin uses.

Well it doesn't have to automatically mean that he can't fight at all. After all, even if he only learned to fight at the end, could he really be said to be a master of it? I don't know if they have belts or dans in Kung Fu, but certainly in something like Karate, if someone were a brown belt, they'd still be relatively high up, but wouldn't quite be a master yet. Even if they were a black belt, they wouldn't be a master compared to someone of a much higher dan.

In Drunken Master, Jackie Chan can fight at the start and is pretty good, but against someone else much better like Thunderfoot he can still be beaten. He only learns the Eight drunk gods at the end, and only masters 7 of them because he thinks one of them is too feminine.

Meh. I hope they don’t do a straight origin story. It would be too much like Iron Man or Strange. I’d rather dive in and he’s already a master of martial arts. He’s not invincible but I don’t want to watch 2 hours of him doubting himself or trying to figure it out.

Meh. I hope they don’t do a straight origin story. It would be too much like Iron Man or Strange. I’d rather dive in and he’s already a master of martial arts. He’s not invincible but I don’t want to watch 2 hours of him doubting himself or trying to figure it out.

Come on, don't you want to see an awesome montage where he gets gradually better over a short period of time to 1980s hair metal?

I want the fights to be like Once upon a time in shanghai,The Bodyguard 2016 and True Legend. Brad Allen is doing the fights and he is an great martial artist. Plus he is one of Jackie Chan's top stunt guys,so the fights will bring it! , , , , . :)

Haha none of that sort of nonsense.

I like the idea of smooth precision points, gliding speedily from one move to the next like animation almost. But Liu is sort of a muscly guy so maybe he could have more of a brawler type style
I think he can be agile too so I’d like to see this.

Wow Simu looks amazing in those Instagram videos! I think he’s a bit of hunk of spunk

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"