First Avenger Should Hitler be in First Avenger: Captain America?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
As we all know, First Avenger: Captain America is set to be a period piece, set in the 1940s. The Red Skull will obviously be the villain and such a movie, and that character was something of an apprentice of Hitler's. So should Hitler be in Captain America? Would it be a sign of the movie taking itself too seriously if he was? Would it hurt the movie if he wasn't there, and Red Skull just refered to him as an off screen presence.

As we all know, First Avenger: Captain America is set to be a period piece, set in the 1940s. The Red Skull will obviously be the villain and such a movie, and that character was something of an apprentice of Hitler's. So should Hitler be in Captain America? Would it be a sign of the movie taking itself too seriously if he was? Would it hurt the movie if he wasn't there, and Red Skull just refered to him as an off screen presence.

I think Hitler should be in the movie and maybe just have one scene showing him. And through the rest of the movie just have him being mentioned as working with the Red Skull. That way it won't be "ALL ABOUT HITLER".

And I think this movie will have a more serious approach to it.

Great topic Kang!:cwink:

Split the difference and have Adenoid Hynkel

greatdictator.jpg

No Hilter.
..... but maybe there could be a picture of him in the Red Skull's office kinda like Colonel Klink in Hogan's Heroes! :cwink: haha

I said yes cause i didnt realize what the 3rd option said. Nothing more than a cameo. A little more than The Last Crusade

Archive footage and a mention of course. Several mentions which is obvious considering it's the freaking war an he is the leader of the axis, but nothing more than what we normally get in other WW2 films... a mention coupled with archive footage. In IJ: Last Crusade he was in there for COMEDY. That wouldn't work in a Cap film because Cap would kill him on the spot.

The example was not to be taken literally

I meant a stand in for scenes where the Red Skull may meet Hitler or something. A cameo like I said where Hitler makes an appearance.

I dont mind the use of archival footage. Just "Forest Gump" Red Skull into the scene and you're good to go.

I don't think we should see the actor's face. Just a stand in giving speeches or walking away from Skull with his back turned to the camera just after a meeting. Just use archive footage for the full presence if you need that.

Nobody wants to see him get decked by Cap like the famous cover? Obviously he'd get away from Cap after the fact. I'm kind of on the fence about him. I would probably leave it to archival footage in the end.

Maybe an offhand mention or something, but he needn't actually show up.

Maybe an offhand mention or something, but he needn't actually show up.

I think I'm leaning that way.

I'd rather see Skull interact with Zemo, Strucker, Arnim Zola or hell, maybe a young Alek Lukin than see him interact with a fictionalized version of Hitler.

Archive footage and him being mentioned quite a bit, but I don't want to see him as a character. Way too cheesy and dumb.

I don't think we really need face time since technically, he isn't our villain so the question you need to ask is "Is he needed to complete the story?" and i say no. A mention, Archive footage, that kind of thing is enough.

I don't think putting him in the movie will be seen as disrespectful to the people that lost their lives or the familes of those people otherwise no one would ever do it, but i don't think he's neccessary.

Not prominently but not just mentioned either. Something like in the Last Crusade maybe a bit more. Maybe Cap could break up a meeting and punch Hitler in the jaw like in his first appearance then the Nazis could pull him to safety as the Red Skull comes into play.

I wouldn't exactly have him as the main villain or anything but I'd say there has to be some reference to Hitler at some point in the movie - even if it's Red Skull only mentioning 'De Fuhrer'.

The movie will be trying to ground itself in as much reality as is possible so having Skull answerable to Hitler makes sense.

Hell, even if it's only a 'Last Crusade' type cameo as A.M. says (only not played for laughs) - I say he has to get a mention at least.

Look at the Indy Jones movies, the first one mentioned him quite a bit but we never saw him. I like that.

Hitler to me has always been more frightening as this unseen Blofeld-esque powerful figure who's reach stretches across the globe, than in the flesh. You will find in that in movies dealing with the period that Hitler rarely shows up, unless he happens to be a central character in the film. If a film like Patton which is probably my favourite World War II movie ever can get away without Hitler, I don't see where he needs to be in Captain America.

I have to go with neither of those options.

I think that he should appear in the movie, but not at all prominent. Like a very quick scene nothing more. It should be more about Captain America vs. Red Skull and Baron Zemo.

For the should be more along the lines of the third option for the most part.

Mentioned and maybe a Last Crusade type cameo. He is really not the important Nazi era individual to see in a Cap movie. It really is the Skull.

i think it would all depend on the actor portraying him and how it be incorporated into the film.
some meeting in a darkly light chamber involving the skull, top ss guys and hitler.
I can't believe people can believe hitler can be considered cheesy and dumb... the man was one of the biggest monsters that ever lived.
hollywood might of made a joke of him when they could, sort of a method of punishment, but if handled right he should be terrifying.

A cameo like in Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade. You should also hear about him alot.

Nobody wants to see him get decked by Cap like the famous cover? Obviously he'd get away from Cap after the fact. I'm kind of on the fence about him. I would probably leave it to archival footage in the end.

i'd like to see that scene myself maybe as a dream sequence:indy:

dream sequence would be best, but even that can get into that campy territory, because even though i contend that hitler is a vile and terrifying figure, seeing him get slugged in the kisser by a living flag might make me laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"