• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

First Avenger Should Hitler be in First Avenger: Captain America?

You could have the famous cover be recreated as a clip from a Captain America propaganda film.

A propaganda film clip or even a poster would be a good idea. That would be a good way to use Cap as a propaganda figure. The comic books could be fake stories of Cap's adventures. He is Uncle Sam with muscle after all.

About this poll, I think Hitler in a cameo, ala Last Crusade, would be a good idea as well. You can't ignore the man, no matter how much we would like to. You also don't want to involve him too much, but a brief cameo, maybe with the Red Skull would be fine.

his presence should be felt like in that episode of justice league

I would say yes. There was a reason why Captain America was needed,not only for the Red Skull..but against the Nazi's also. If not fully in the film,I would say a scene or two. Like with the Skull.

I would say yes. There was a reason why Captain America was needed,not only for the Red Skull..but against the Nazi's also. If not fully in the film,I would say a scene or two. Like with the Skull.

I agree totally. He should share a few scenes with Red SKull to reinforce the fact of who the Red Skull anserws to. Unless they do what they did with Iron Man & update his origin to modern day.

The super soldier serum has already been mentioned in the Incredible Hulk as being developed in WW2....

I agree totally. He should share a few scenes with Red SKull to reinforce the fact of who the Red Skull anserws to. Unless they do what they did with Iron Man & update his origin to modern day.

They've already confirmed that not only will Captain America have his origin remain with World War II, but the entire film will take place in World War II.

You know jourmugand, I keep reading this post and I just keep thinking so true. Asides from just Zemo and Red Skull, it would be awesome seeing Cap just kick some regular Nazi ass.

Choices on the poll aren't very good. It's not going to be disrespectful to anyone. God knows how many times Hitler has been protrayed in a movie.

I'd like to see a short scene with him and the Red Skull talking. Something like that.

Hell. Yes.

If there's one thing I want to see, it's Hitler getting his ass handed to him in some way, shape, or form.

I think that Hitler should get a dose of the SS Serum and have an all out wire-fu fight with Cap (ala Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon). Then it can conclude with the long lost footage of Hitler on Ice from History of the World, Part II (this can be how Cap gets frozen... chasing Hitler across the ice rink).

Actually... a mention from Skull to emphasize the gravity of his status (I have orders from De Fuher himself... Heir Hitler commands it). And something from Cap or other good guy generals to establish that Skull is Hitler's chief of special operations (hinting that he is in charge of terrorist activities and monitoring advanced research... which could be used as a plot device to have the Skull developing the "Sleepers", in the comics these were originally meant as a means to destroy the planet... but for the movie they can be the mechanism that harnesses Earths life force, as to build the Cosmic Cube... for the Skulls appearance in the Avengers).

Sure. I'd pay to see Cap deck Hitler. Just don't mention the Chitauri because it's a cop out.

They should maybe just metion hilter though out the movie they could even say (like in the comics) how even hes afraid of the red skull.

Sure Hitler should be in it.. There's no doubt in my mind, whatsoever about that... Personally, I'm holding out for a clever visual homage of the Captain America #1 cover... A nice throwaway joke in the opening action sequence of Cap socking the Fuhrer in the face... He shouldnt have any lines, though... Not necessary.

Hitler needs to be in the movie. He doesn't need to be in the forefront and in every scene...but we need to feel his presence EVERYWHERE. The man almost ruled the world...to not acknowledge him is almost criminal.

I think he needs to be mentioned often. We should see archival footage of him (say in military briefings...showing him and his henchmen). We should see about the same amount of him as we saw of Darth Sideous in the Prequels. You see him pulling the strings, but don't need to linger on his actions otherwise. I think alot of people here don't seem to get the impact of this character. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade made him a joke...but this man was responisble for hundreds of thousands of lives. He turned an impovrished nation into the most powerful single nation on the planet (at the time) and almost took over not only Europe, but Africa as well. This guy was no joke and shouldn't be played for comedy. Yes the skull is a scary SOB...but hitler should be every bit as scary as Hannibal Lechter.

At the same time, the man was a coward who took his own life at the end. I would like to see a twist on that in the movie. Like the Skull or SS murdering him and making it look like suicide... just mess with everyone's verion of history...so the outcome remains the same historically...but the facts are different.

As far as cap punching him out...that should be a propaganda poster or comic cover (nice tip of the hat)

Rage

I'd like to see Adolf Hitler taken seriously,as he was in Der Untergang(The Downfall). Having him act like a "cartoon" as he was in old war movies would just be stupid.
I'd like to keep him mysterious though. Maybe a scene where the Red Skull goes to meet with him and we just see Hitler's back or have him in the shadows. They exchange a few sentences,and the Red Skull gives the Nazi salute and that's it.
Of course I would expect a few references when he's not around. Like,"The Fuhrer expects success," or "The Fuhrer demands an update." Stuff like that.

I would say... among references from Skull (as in saying things like "The Fuher demands it") as well as some archival footage, and one or two small cameos during secret meetings... a useful pliot device will be to have some backstory dialogue discussing Hitler's obsession with new weapons research, and (a line from Raiders of the Lost Ark) "he is obsessed with the occult". Nazi's were religious fanatics, with a particular zeal for mysticism.

So, in order to set up the Skull and his role have a US Intelligence officer briefing Cap on an objective to lead a force against the Skull's operation. The Skull could be established as Hitler's Minister of Phobic Warfare (or some other more clever term :yay:). An early form of terrorism...

Go over how Hitler is driving toward weapons development like submerisible tanks, jet fighters, air cannons, heavy water production (all of which are true)... and how he was delving into mystical powers and control over the soul (also true). For the film, have him merge the two initiatives into his strategy of phobic warfare. A method of breaking down the enemy's psyche, and shattering the soul by using specially developed tactics (basically terrorism). Skull is the heead of this operation... and is terrorizing the coutry side of say, France. So Cap is set out to stop him... During that conflict he learns of another weapons system being developed to tap into the "mystical power of Earth's life force." Embellish that Hitler believes the Earth itself has all the power of the cosmos, and has ordered the development of a reactor that is meant to channel this life force from the planet (a new spin on the De Tag machine). Skull is overseeing this as well... leading to the confrontation between Skull and Cap in the Artic... where the reactor is.

So yes... have Hitler in there to set up this story arc...

Personally,I've been a World War 2/Adolf Hitler...um,I don't know what the word would be. Not a fan,but someone very interested that him and that period of history. Anyway,after all this time I still am not 100% sure of this,but I'm pretty sure that the Nazi official who was really into the occult was Himmler,not Hitler. I know Hess was as well(a driving force behind his flight to England in 1941). But Himmler was the one searching for German involvement in anciet times,as well as the legend of Atlantis and the Aryan race. I've heard Adolf thought that was a waste of time.

Uh-uh. No Hitler. You can mention him but he should NOT appear.

Venom... My understanding that he was a religious fanatic, but not necessarily into pagan mysticism like the bulk of the Nazi party. But from what I gather, he was fascinated with relics and notions of supernatural power and endowed divinity...

For a film, I think these things can play well.

There have been a lot of WWII and Holocaust-set movies, and 99% have gotten by without an appearance from the guy

I think that in the grand scheme of things though... We will be seeing the Red Skull and Captain America representing their country's leaders...why not show the leaders themselves. I don't think that Hitler needs to be prominent and have all kinds of dialogue...but he should be present.

Rage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"