Eternals Should Marvel turn the Olympians into Eternals?

You guys are making some good points, but I dunno. After seeing how much Marvel has tried to downplay the Asgardians' connection with the Norse gods (they're just aliens! Magic is science!), I can't imagine them not doing the same with the Olympians. And the easiest way to accomplish that, at least in my opinion, would be to merge them with the Eternals.

They don't even have to use all of them, just the most popular (that means Hercules and Ares). No one cares about the other ones or about how much they differ from their Eternals "counterparts". Like, I really doubt anyone but the most hardcore fans would complain if Thena and Athena were fused into one character.
According to Wikipedia (again, I know next to nothing about the Eternals), Zuras is the son of Kronos. Kronos is Zeus' father in the Greek mythology. Come ooooooon, man. Was Kirby trying to drive his readers mad? :hehe:
I think that "magic is science" thing happened early in those Phase 1 days because at that point the MCU was still not a sure thing and creators were worried that Thor in particular out of the original characters would not get taken seriously. By the time of Strange, magic was straight up magic lol. There is now much more willingness to embrace out there concepts like space/aliens/magic/time travel/alternate timelines than there might have been in Phase 1.

Normally I'd vote for merging them, but since then I've found out that Hellenism is an actual religion now, so maybe just leave it ambiguous and not show Olympians. Even in a future Hercules movie, they can leave it ambiguous whether he's the actual Greek god or an enhanced who thinks he's the real Hercules. The comic-book Hercules is so terrifically over the top that it works.

If the Eternals are merged with the greek pantheon then what about the Asgardians? Everything folklorish would have to be merged and if it touches on an actual religion then I suppose it's best not to use said characters at all in a Marvel movie.

The way in which the Titanians are an offshoot from earlier Eternals perhaps so too can the various pantheons be.

It detracts from the comic's characters if too many are merged together but I do think a pantheon and Eternal connection needs to be established at some point just not so much combining characters as it isn't necessary to force everything in if no room for it.

Na, I wanna see The Olympians at some point in the MCU as their own thing. Hercules and Ares specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"