Should Punisher get a TV show

I know the easy and perfect way to introduce Frank to Daredevil. It's simple just retell this story and keep the part where he is about to chuck Mr. Coppersmith off the roof.

Punisherv2-010_17.jpg

Punisherv2-010_18.jpg

I was about 12 years old when I first read this. I hope he includes the famous line..

Yea you have rights Mr. Coppersmith, you have the right to bleed in the gutter, you have the right to go splat when you hit the pavement!

Last edited:
I thought it was a cool issue. My favorite part is after, when Matt comes to him as a lawyer and tells him that, unlike what people like Punisher believe, a good lawyer isn't going to get you off scot-free. But he may be able to explain the circumstances and mitigate things so you may be placed in a better position. It was a nice, sane, rational take on the whole thing that stood in sharp contrast to what the Punisher believed.

Of course, they created a followup comic years later where the guy did get out because the evidence of his guilt had been compromised due to the involvement of superheroes and the guy was ultimately released (where he was promptly killed by the Punisher). Really ruined the whole thing...

I agree those lines are great. Although I still think the best story is Child's Play for an introduction of Daredevil vs. Punisher.

Yep, get The Punisher and Blade a Netflix show each and introduce them both that way. Ghost Rider should have a movie though the amount of CGI he needs means only a movie could do him justice.

The Punisher being introduced in DD would be perfect.

I can see Punisher on HBO with a 5-7 season run. I would get an unknown to play Frank Castle and have the show be a dark and gritty crime drama similar to Death Wish.

I can see Punisher on HBO with a 5-7 season run. I would get an unknown to play Frank Castle and have the show be a dark and gritty crime drama similar to Death Wish.

Netflix is more apparent especially in the lieu of Daredevil. HBO is Time Warner territory and they're stuck kissing George R.R. Martin's feet to even give a single Groot about doing comic adaptations

I would love to see that Punisher/DD confrontation.

Netflix is more apparent especially in the lieu of Daredevil. HBO is Time Warner territory and they're stuck kissing George R.R. Martin's feet to even give a single Groot about doing comic adaptations

Well Netflix can work too.

I'm hoping:

Daredevil S1
AKA Jessica Jones

Daredevil S2 (intro Frank Castle)
Luke Cage

Iron Fist
Defenders (DD, LC, IF, JJ)

Daredevil S3
Heroes for Hire S1 (including Cage, Rand and Jones)
Punisher S1

Personally, I think that'd be the best route. But I'd be open to other directions.

I thought it was a cool issue. My favorite part is after, when Matt comes to him as a lawyer and tells him that, unlike what people like Punisher believe, a good lawyer isn't going to get you off scot-free. But he may be able to explain the circumstances and mitigate things so you may be placed in a better position. It was a nice, sane, rational take on the whole thing that stood in sharp contrast to what the Punisher believed.

Of course, they created a followup comic years later where the guy did get out because the evidence of his guilt had been compromised due to the involvement of superheroes and the guy was ultimately released (where he was promptly killed by the Punisher). Really ruined the whole thing...

I agree those lines are great. Although I still think the best story is Child's Play for an introduction of Daredevil vs. Punisher.

Thank you very much for showing me that perspective. This issue was created during the time when an actual real person was poisoning tylenol.

But it was this issue that made me into a fan of the Punisher.

Yeah, and I'm sure a lot of people felt the same rage the Punisher felt in the real world. But credit to Nocenti to make some attempts to humanize the person doing the inhuman thing and show that he is more than the worst thing he's done. In the end, it's revealed he's just a beaten, broken man and nothing more.

Hardy would be a good fit. He'd probably be willing to do it too, even though it'd most likely be a TV series and not a movie... he appeared in Netflix's Peaky Blinders show.

Tom Hardy version... shortened the sword into a knife and gave him gloves...
2131hl.jpg

Hardy can work as Punisher. He does good playing dark, brooding damaged characters.

Don't give two craps about his height. If Tom Hardy wants to play Punisher... HELL FLIPPIN' YES!!!

I really wish they would keep the Nam backstory though. It wouldn't take much to make him look a 60+ year old who would make you S*** your shorts. Hey this guy is 74..

[YT]-5om6gbDwA8[/YT]Looks kinda like Cable.

I just wanna see NAM!

I really wish they would keep the Nam backstory though. It wouldn't take much to make him look a 60+ year old who would make you S*** your shorts. Hey this guy is 74..

[YT]-5om6gbDwA8[/YT]Looks kinda like Cable.

I just wanna see NAM!

Afghanistan/iraq/libya/syria/yemen not enough for you?

Punisher should be a character who appears in a few episodes of DD season 2 before getting his own show. DD should be trying to stop Frank in one episode and in another they should be allies. Just to show that Punisher is a tweener.

Daredevil even introduced the perfect opportunity to off Frank's family. "We were out getting ice cream when Kingpin's bombs went off. I saw my family get blown to bits because of some punk fighting some other punks. The justice system doesn't do anything. I'm here to Punish."

I'd be so totally down for a Punisher mini-series starring Tom Hardy.

Afghanistan/iraq/libya/syria/yemen not enough for you?

Hell no, and neither is Vietnam....

I was chatting with Greg Rucka regarding this very problem. My point being is that WW2 was an important war that defined USA's history and because of that you think of Steve Rogers, Captain America to represent USA's finest hour. Vietnam was a terrible story in our history, and that being said why should we brush what happened there under the rug? Nobody is perfect and neither is the USA but the soldiers who suffered through that war and their experiences should not be forgotten. The people who served were only fulfilling their duty as Americans. What better person to represent that era than FRANK CASTIGLIONE! Now we have the Iraq conflict and it calls for a different hero, someone who defines the past events between 1989 and the present, I don't mind there being another Punisher but there is only one Punisher and his name is Frank. Yet I have a theory. If you recall back in 1987 when Punisher raided Doom's Castle, (under Kristoff). There were no repercussions from Doom's part as it appears Doom simply just let it go.

http://comicsalliance.com/punisher-fights-dr-doom-in-acts-of-ve/

BizarroBackIssues said:
Frank pissed off Kristoff, and thus “has sown the seeds of his own demise,” but as far as I know, that never really comes up again. So in the end, the Punisher manages to survive having two different Doctors Doom trying to kill him at the same time. That’s quite a feat.
pun10.jpg

Any true fan of Doom understand that he doesn't like loose ends, but why then has this never been mentioned again? Were the writers embarrassed, or did Doom find out about what Frank did during Civil War?

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053072428/ said:
As the Punisher worked his way through the Baxter Building to retrieve plans for File 42

Did you read that right? Frank successfully broke into the Baxter building, a feat that even Doom has struggled with from time to time. Now my theory is this, nothing goes under Doom's eye, but maybe he and Frank had some secret dealing because of this. Maybe Frank is missing, Doom got his retribution and decided to find a suitable replacement for Frank. Or maybe Frank is missing off on some far flung adventure, and someone else takes his place. Does anybody remember this person? Enter Carlos Cruz, Microchip's replacement.
Marvel Wiki said:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Carlos_Cruz_(Earth-616)

HistoryEdit
Carlos Cruz, aka the Punisher, is the most successful police commando operative the military has to offer for any assignment, having been a SEAL in the Army formerly, and a paramilitary nightmare to criminals, he is the op you call for duty with a two thumbs up, he is ready for the job and to take on the tasks at hand, with any amount of force applied, Carlos has undergone many incidents of assisting S.W.A.T. hazards as a backup unit, has been on many squad enter and arrest insertions, and officer in distress backup and rescue. He was later killed by Stone Cold.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Abilities
Carlos is trained in various amounts of military weaponry and equipment and combative martial arts techniques of the military's fighting system, with extensive background in military skills such as line of fire, movement, sharpshooting, heavy weapons, army intelligence, and basic and advanced guerrilla tactics.

My theory is maybe Cruz is looking for Castle as he fits the same description of the Middle Eastern war veteran in Punisher Warzone. The real Punisher is out there somewhere, and lick I mentioned to Mr. Rucka, in a world of Serums, Magics, and potions why do you feel to retcon Frank's age? I hope he is reading and it is something to consider, as my point we have Cap represent WW2, Punisher representing Vietnam, and we can have Carlos represent the current Middle Eastern conflict. Cruz is my age, he looks like someone who helped me make a basketball board in my junior high metal shop class, when I see him I think of time pertinent things like Digital Underground, 90's clothes etc. When I think of Frank I think of "Mr. Carter, Mr. Carter! Discos, 70's Italian storefronts, The Saturday Night Live Album, etc. Maybe I just miss the 70's a little too much but Frank represented the classic 70's anti-hero to a t.

But if any of you ever watched an episode of King of the Hill you will see why we need Frank to keep the Nam angle, as it provides perfect contrast to "America's finest hour" Captain America.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0620333/

Contact the Show Creators on IMDbPro »
More at IMDbPro »
King of the Hill: Season 6, Episode 11
Unfortunate Son

and lastly, let us not forget the ending of Dead Presidents....... (1995)

"
and I served my country proudly

in World War Il, a real war, I may add.

- Yes, Your Honor...

- I'm not finished yet, please.

I received the Purple Heart

at Guadalcanal.

Now, this young man has obviously

forgotten some very...

fundamental things like decency

and dedication and honor...

everything the corps taught us.

He is a disgrace to everyone

that has ever put on that uniform...

and I will not permit you or him to use

the Vietnam War as a cop-out here.

Anthony Curtis, for your

participation in this crime...

a crime that took the lives of several

innocent people, I do hereby...

sentence you to the custody of the

Attorney General of the United States...

for a period of years to life.

Oh, my God.

These proceedings are concluded.

This court is adjourned.

"Life"? What the *

he mean "life"?

After all the *I did

for this **'n country?

What the :cmad:he talkin' about, "life"?

Man, *:cmad: you! :o you!

- Hey!

- Oh, Anthony!

After all the * I did

for this madafla*****in' country?

You, remove the prisoner

from the court!

- You hear me?

- * you! **you!

- Restrain the prisoner!

Get him outta here! Let the record

show... Let the record show...