The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Should Sony move forward with Sinister 6 and Venom?

i definitely want both films. But TASM3 should come out first. They need to set things straight with TASM3, then when they're on solid ground again, come out with S6 and Venom.

i definitely want both films. But TASM3 should come out first. They need to set things straight with TASM3, then when they're on solid ground again, come out with S6 and Venom.

Sony needs to let the dust settle on Spidey. They have 5 full years before the rights revert back so they have a minimum of 3 years of script/plot massaging before starting production proper.

They are have to tread carefully with S6 and Venom as they may generate excitement for the Spidey franchise or it could also kill it dead.

Last edited:
They should forget the spin-offs for now, let Webb do his oun Spider-Man 3 without their intervention and with Kraven, then after that chose what to do.

They should forget the spin-offs for now, let Webb do his oun Spider-Man 3 without their intervention and with Kraven, then after that chose what to do.

This. They can still introduce characters for future films...I don't have an issue with that. BUT, have one villain--make it Kraven or maybe Vulture. Continue with Felicity Jones' character and bring on her Black Cat--a great way to get Peter's mojo rolling again. Introduce MJ but have them be just friends. Nothing romantic.

They absolutely should proceed with their spin offs.
1) to build up the Spider-Man universe without bogging down the ASM movies
2) rebuild some confidence with a well received movie.

Spinoffs are nice when they have good material to spin from... See what I did there?

I'm all for it as long as Spider-Man plays a major role. Just call the film Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six. I think if the franchise as a whole proves to be a success then in the long run they can go ahead and make villain centered movies. Until then they have to focus on Spider-Man.

that would be an excellent title actually :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"