The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Should Sony move forward with Sinister 6 and Venom?

It's all about perspective. To the Six Spidey is the Villian as he keeps getting all up in their business, but we know he's the hero

I think it's sensible rather than risky. A good movie will generate buzz and also the motivations and character of the villains will be already established meaning ASM3 wont be bogged down with more origin stuff.
Sony should also push back ASM3 a year.

Yep. They've got seven years before they have to release another but they shouldn't rush things.

They want to keep Spidey at the forefront but that's just not feasible. Doing sinister six and Venom is a good way of expanding the character but they shouldn't rush it.

Last edited:
I have 0 faith in Sinister 6.

I don't know why. It just seems like the most useless idea ever. I'd pay to see a Prowler movie before I would Sin 6.

I'm envisioning Ocean's 11 but with supervillains. With Drew Goddard at the helm, I have more faith in this than I do in Venom.

Yep. They've got seven years before they have to release another but they shouldn't rush things.

I'm pretty sure Sony only has a five year reversion period with Spidey, which is why they put ASM on the fast track after Spider-Man 4 fell apart in 2010. FOX appears to have a seven year reversion period for X-Men, FF and (formerly) Daredevil.

Haven't been following the main discussion, but to address the OP's question, no not at all.

This movie was such a titanic failure creatively that I can't see how they can make compelling movies out of either of these two prospects. Venom is about 100 miles from so much as an introduction right now.

Since its supposed to be a redemption tale it might just focus on one the six who isn't all that sinister and tell a story of his redemption, putting him at odds with the rest of the team. That's really the only way I can think of telling a sinister six movie without Spiderman. I'd still rather see them work toward a Miles Morales movie though. I know plenty of people don't want to see Peter die but let's be honest. They'll just reboot him a few years after this series ends anyway.

I was thinking about an anthology format with mini stories of the 6 villains but 6 is way too many when say, Tales from the Crypt is 3 stories.

I can possibly see myself going to this if I was with some friends and they wanted to check it out and they asked me along, but a S6 or Venom movie is just not something I would go out of my way to see, or likely to see more than once if I ever did see it in the first place.

I don't see the point of a Sinister 6 film without Spidey.:huh:

Maybe Harry recruits the guys one by one and we get like 4 origins in the film,and it takes place during the 5 months Pete gives up being Spidey.Then,TASM3 picks up where 2 left off.

It would be unconventional to say the least to have a film of villain origins without a hero/fight scene.

Human Torch that actually sounds really good to me! Maybe the film could end with the Rhino scene like in TASM2?

You COULD have Peter Parker scenes where he's all depressed or something. The origin stories thing actually isn't too bad, and would add more depth to all the characters. You could have some villian vs villian fights as well.

After giving it more thought, a descent angle could be the point of view of one villain.

Say the character is Shocker, No powers, no gentic accident and no motivation other than money. You can have him on screen and not need any special effects so you can have character moments but not take the audience out of the movie.

Anyway, the movie starts with a down on his luck criminal and you hear the opening monologue of, 'what is a criminal?' and then he details why a criminal from his point of view is the hero.

So Shocker is our in, he is recruited and he is essentially 'us' asking questions about this group of supervillains and why they are hellbent on killing Spider-Man when they have the power to be anything they want to be.
As the crimes escalate he questions his motivations with regards to 'doing the right thing' as innocents get in the way of their crimes.

You can have flashback scenes of a few of the S6's origin and you then end the movie with him pretty much saying '**** it! I'm in it for the money and screw the innocents that get in my way'.

A bad guy who is a bad because he WANTS to be, unlike any Spider-Man villain ever on the big screen. Almost like the anti Spider-Man 1 movie.

Last edited:
That's a good idea too spider-neil

Plenty of potential in the film

After giving it more thought, a descent angle could be the point of view of one villain.

Say the character is Shocker, No powers, no gentic accident and no motivation other than money. You can have him on screen and not need any special effects so you can have character moments but not take the audience out of the movie.

Anyway, the movie starts with a down on his luck criminal and you hear the opening monologue of, 'what is a criminal?' and then he details why a criminal from his point of view is the hero.

So Shocker is our in, he is recruited and he is essentially 'us' asking questions about this group of supervillains and why they are hellbent on killing Spider-Man when they have the power to be anything they want to be.
As the crimes escalate he questions his motivations with regards to 'doing the right thing' as innocents get in the way of their crimes.

You can have flashback scenes of a few of the S6's origin and you then end the movie with him pretty much saying '**** it! I'm in it for the money and screw the innocents that get in my way'.

A bad guy who is a bad because he WANTS to be, unlike any Spider-Man villain ever on the big screen. Almost like the anti Spider-Man 1 movie.

I like this! :up:

That's a good idea too spider-neil

Plenty of potential in the film

Exactly, he can go to each of the S6 (well, not each, maybe 3) and straight up ask them why they are doing what they are doing. You will obviously get some widely differing answers.

The action will come across in the crimes they commit as they have to fund their opperations. And before someone says Osborn is rich, his funds will obviously be frozen.

Imagine a little villian vs villian conflict too, maybe there's a personality clash a-la Captain America and Tony Stark? Maybe one of the more intelligent members doesn't get why Aleksi is in the six at all?

Imagine a little villian vs villian conflict too, maybe there's a personality clash a-la Captain America and Tony Stark? Maybe one of the more intelligent members doesn't get why Aleksi is in the six at all?

Now you're talking, BRAB.
In the back drop of Shocker's story you have the power struggle of Doc Ock and Goblin as both will want to be in charge.
You can have the character study of Shocker, the drama and tension between Ock and Gobby and the action of the crimes they commit.

Push that moral line too, how far are they willing to go? Do they have a goal beyond spider-man? Do they want to kill the symbol spider-man created or the actual spider-man himself?

You've turned me, I think they can pull off something great without spidey in it

Push that moral line too, how far are they willing to go? Do they have a goal beyond spider-man? Do they want to kill the symbol spider-man created or the actual spider-man himself?

You've turned me, I think they can pull off something great without spidey in it

Push the themes of being a criminal and the power struggle of Ock and Goblin and you don't need Spider-Man beyond the opening and closing credits. You can actually use threat of an unseen Spider-Man as a 'ticking clock' when they commit their crimes to really home the tension of the action.

Oh that sounds awesome as well! Hopefully that's what the producers/directors are envisioning for the film, as it sounds pretty good.

People keep asking who The Sinister Six would fight.

Isn't it obvious?

Each other.

I would imagine Spider-Man would play a small role, but maybe he's put out of action by all of them somehow early on, and they've got a city to conquer...and then they're all just lovable losers of a sort, and keep getting in each other's way.

I think any "redemptive" aspect would not likely have to do with all of them, but one or two of them in particular...my money's on The Lizard and/or Doc Ock, who will probably feature in the next Spider-Man movie.

Isn't it obvious?

Each other.

I would imagine Spider-Man would play a small role, but maybe he's put out of action by all of them somehow early on, and they've got a city to conquer...and then they're all just lovable losers of a sort, and keep getting in each other's way.

I think any "redemptive" aspect would not likely have to do with all of them, but one or two of them in particular...my money's on The Lizard and/or Doc Ock, who will probably feature in the next Spider-Man movie.

I don't think the Lizard will be in this. Too CG heavy.

Doc Ock
Goblin
Mysterio
Shocker
Vulture
Kraven

A diverse group of supervillains that don't need a ton of CG.

Isn't it obvious?

Each other.

A Sinister Six movie where they are all fighting each other the whole time...until the end where they fight and lose to Spider-Man...

So it would be like the anti-Avengers?

Would kids and moviegoers even want to see that?

A Sinister six movie? Without Spidey? Who the hell would want that? Don't know if I've ever seen such naked, pathetic opportunism before. Sony is desperately trying to milk this cow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"