No Way Home Should the villains stay in the MCU?

This thread gave me the idea of having the main timeline version of these villains act each one as a "Cold Open" villain Spider has to face at the beginning of the next movies. With Spidey making snarky comments of how they compare to their previous counterparts.

In this way we get to see a new version of them without devoting a whole movie to a rehashed baddie.

Given that our 5 villains are from continuities outside of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, should they keep them in the MCU or would you rather reintroduce the villains as MCU versions down the road.

I think if they are already making changes to some of them such as their look, they are already making them the "MCU Version". I just don't see the point in giving them their own unique versions when we already have them in the MCU now.

:funny:......off topic, but, your signature......:lmao::lmao:

That's real? :lmao::lmao:

Wait, how long till Arrow 22 becomes finally a superhero??

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Molina's Dock Ock sticking around but there is no doubt in my mind that him and the other villains get sent back to their respective universes.

I do have to wonder though, in the event that the Sony-Marvel deal continues and we get more solo Spidey films set in the MCU, who they'll use as villains? That's the one downside of doing a multiverse story as it seems to me that it makes introducing new MCU versions of GG and Ock kind of awkward.
Still plenty of good villains to pick from.

Alistair Smythe
Chameleon
Hammerhead
Kingpin
Kraven
Mr. Negative
Scorpion
Silvermane
Tombstone

Alistair Smythe
Chameleon
Hammerhead
Kingpin
Kraven
Mr. Negative
Scorpion
Silvermane
Tombstone

That's definitely true. Maybe Hobgoblin could be an option too? Perhaps Norman left some of this tech behind in the MCU before getting sent back to the Raimiverse.

But I can't help but lament that we probably wont get an MCU version of somebody like Doc Ock.

Alistair Smythe
Chameleon
Hammerhead
Kingpin
Kraven
Mr. Negative
Scorpion
Silvermane
Tombstone

Yeah. Spidey had some of the coolest CB villains.

Yeah. Spidey had some of the coolest CB villains.

Its one of the big reason I love spiderman because he has such great villains. I would like to see MR. Negative after seeing him in spiderman ps4. Kraven I think is one of the better villains not used yet and before we really started getting news about this movie I thought it was going to be a movie with like Peter on the run and that Kraven would be used. Also with Sony making a Kraven movie not sure how that may play in to getting Kraven or not.

Its one of the big reason I love spiderman because he has such great villains. I would like to see MR. Negative after seeing him in spiderman ps4. Kraven I think is one of the better villains not used yet and before we really started getting news about this movie I thought it was going to be a movie with like Peter on the run and that Kraven would be used. Also with Sony making a Kraven movie not sure how that may play in to getting Kraven or not.
I actually have the Spider-Man comic book where he was introduced as the villain. I think it’s number 15 or something. I found it in an old used comic book store by MacArthur Park in Los Angeles years ago

I actually have the Spider-Man comic book where he was introduced as the villain. I think it’s number 15 or something. I found it in an old used comic book store by MacArthur Park in Los Angeles years ago

Oh wow interesting

Its clearly multiverse made in Sony. not made in Feige/MCU

Tobey and Andrew's versions are variants of Holland' Spidey
Harry from Amazing is a variant of Harry from Raimi
Brock from Raimi is a variant of VenomHardy

Its clearly multiverse made in Sony. not made in Feige/MCU

Tobey and Andrew's versions are variants of Holland' Spidey
Harry from Amazing is a variant of Harry from Raimi
Brock from Raimi is a variant of VenomHardy

So, what you are saying is that He Who Remains was protecting us all from the Stupid Spidey Spinoff Multiverse?

. . . huh, maybe the gigadeath cosmic slaughter was worth it after all. *ahem*

I think there will be way too much going on too worry about other villains. I do think their presence in this movie will count for the MCU version of these characters. Its just a unique way to do it.

No. The MCU should make their own versions of these villains. Don't rely on past creator's versions as a crutch. They did a good Mysterio and Vulture. So make a good Dr. Octopus and Green Goblin next.

I'd like to have an MCU Ock and Green Goblin, but if they could keep Electro that would be fine with me. Really like the new design.

I’d like an MCU GG and Ock. The rest I don’t need revisited anytime soon. It would frankly be weird if we don’t see another version of Osborn popping up. He would be the ideal evil Stark that is secretly financially backing the Thunderbolts.

I’d like an MCU GG and Ock. The rest I don’t need revisited anytime soon. It would frankly be weird if we don’t see another version of Osborn popping up. He would be the ideal evil Stark that is secretly financially backing the Thunderbolts.

I agree with this. If we get an MCU Norman Osborn, leaning into the HAMMER/Dark Avengers direction I think would be best. I've always liked the idea of him starting out as Iron Patriot and descending into becoming the Green Goblin over the course of several films.

I am just not sure if you have these characters and than do MCU version of them any time soon might kind of fell like to much of the same thing when you could use other not yet used villains but at the same time a lot of the good villains have been used already.

They're all cured good guys now. No point in keeping them.

Well there's not much point in this topic now that we know they've all been cured and went back home. Their stories are done. The MCU will introduce different villains for Spider-man with new stories and gimmicks and quirks, it will not retread old ground.

This movie was just a hype made in Sony. I dont think we'll have future villains from anothers saga non-MCU

What I foresee happening next is Kraven's Last Hunt storyline. Venom and ATJ's Kraven incoming.

Which gives us Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven (of the original Sinister Six). I could see Shocker and Scorpion rounding out the team, but it has to have Doc Ock.

I think MCU Octavius is a real possibility. I think that Holland's Peter having prior knowledge of Ock will be intriguing to the audience and he will want to point Ock in the right direction, much to his own dismay.

I still like Kevin Spacey for the role. Even if it would never happen.

If they ever do another version of Doc Ock in the MCU, I bet it'll be one of his female counterparts.

tumblr_pqtt0d2N871xlv8m3o2_1280.gif

ImprobablePositiveBubblefish-max-1mb.gif

marvel-spidey-his-amazing-friends-disney-junior.jpg

That's the only way I could see them going to that well again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"