Sequels Should the X-men be the next "Avengers?"

But then there'd be superpowered beings popping up all over the world all along and characters like wolverine would have already been used as government weapons, no? there would already be mutant superheroes.

Although that theory has come up a lot. The "the mutants were hiding" theory.

this is why i suggest only about 198 currently exist.. those who look normal are in hiding and those who don't migrated to the sewers and are akin to National Enquirer tabloid rumors like Alligators in the Sewers.

so secret gov teams, characters like Xavier, Apocalypse, Magneto, etc.. all could exist.

Have Wanda snap upon her return.. and speed up the evolutionary process.. and give us a larger population

Yes the Disney rebooted X-men need to be another Avengers (albeit discriminated against) otherwise the scope of their movies will be so boring.

Do you think Marvel would use Dark Phoenix as a prequel to the Marvel X-Men movies?

No need to cover the Phoenix storyline again and you could cast an entirely new cast for the X-Men appearing in 2020-2030. Sophie Turner's gang is stuck in the 90s but the Avengers films take place the year they're released right? X-Men would be in the MCU somewhere in the 2020s.

I like this about Marvel. Very high attention to detail.

Why do you always ask the obvious? No way they would bring in the messy continuity of these FoX films to their well planned movieverse. They probably want to start from scratch and give their own take to the X-Men characters.

In X-men old timeline mutants were hiding (until 2000's)

X-men is a clandestin superhero group unlike Avengers

Last edited:
I agree with Psylockolossus but I still wonder why Hugh Jackman's teasing he may work on something with Marvel.

Yes! Bringing back Hugh Jackman as an older Wolverine to be a vice-principal at the X-Mansion (like the X-Men Evolution cartoon series X-Men: Evolution) would be great and sort of connect the dots between the soon to be rebooted MCU X-Men with the Fox Logan film. Still have the same traditional popular comic book characters, but with an unique take that is more family friendly.

Sad to say, I'm sort of leaning in favour of replacing Jean Grey with Emma Frost. The whole problem with Jean Grey can be summed up with three disastrous movies: X3, Apocalypse and the upcoming Dark Phoenix. Not just because those movies were awful, but because Jean Grey is like a God so there is really no point of a movie when all she has to do is think the enemy away.

I can see Emma Frost working but she has to be a villain first. Actually the transition could be done within one film if they did it right.

I can see Emma Frost working but she has to be a villain first. Actually the transition could be done within one film if they did it right.

Yes...sort of like First Class, where there were several character story arcs: Professor X, Magneto, Beast and Mystique...but a reverse storyline for Emma...so instead of the Magneto lets personal tragedy turn him into the "villain", something turns Emma into the "hero"...

And this will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't want Emma Frost's movie costume to be the traditional lingerie...even though she is drawn as sexy, I always found the look to be silly. There can be a lingerie scene or two for the virgin teenagers whose wallets these high concept action films always target, but let's face it...people look silly going out and about (and street fighting) in their underwear. :p

She doesn't have to be in lingerie or anything exposing her midriff. Here's one idea:

Emma-Frost-women-of-the-x-13039450-600-900.jpg

Scarlet Witch is not wearing anything too revealing in the movies either:

scarlet-witch-olsen-181450.jpg

Don't know if you've ever read Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men (24 issues or so). It's a classic that I believe Marvel will want to use to make an X-Men movie at some point. It's where Emma Frost becomes a permanent X-Men member.

And I really think it could have been Fox's follow-up to Logan. No Professor X, no Jean Grey, no Wolverine, no Mystique, say the X-Men survived and went missing for a while but they've come back together with Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Beast, X-23 (to replace Wolverine) and of course Emma Frost. There are so many stories we never saw, including that of Magneto's mutant nation (Asteroid M or Genosha), Gambit and Rogue, Messiah Complex, and places like the Astral Plane, Mojoverse, the Savage Lands... no need to stay in the past

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"