Should they recast Ezra Miller?

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
With Affleck vacating the role of Batman, is it time to recast another Justice Leaguer? I’ve seen a pretty mixed response to Ezra Miller’s Flash, and considering his busy schedule has apparently pushed back production for The Flash already, should we just get someone else to play Flash?

I’m personally on the fence, but leaning towards a recast. I genuinely disliked his performance in Justice League. I found him incredibly annoying. But I do think Ezra is a great actor, his instincts for Barry Allen were just so wrong. Do we give him another chance and hope he does something different with the role, or get someone else?

Was thinking about this the other day. I realized that with the huge success of Aquaman and WW they'll definitely push forward with Flash and that the earliest Flash can come out is 2021.

I mean I never saw JL, but from what I saw of Miller as Flash it was...just not the character of the Flash. I can't confirm it, but I read a theory that they made Flash that way based on the great reaction to Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Civil War. I can buy that because I can really see similarities in how they're portrayed. Again, only from what I've seen.

Anyway, I don't think recasting is necessary. I mean the only reason to recast would be to get the movie out 1 year sooner. I mean let's say they recast and they get everything ready to start shooting later this year for a 2020 release. I don't really see a benefit to that when it's only a year ahead. And with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Batman who's solo films for the most part always had some type of success there's no real need to rush out Flash. And then if Shazam does well, that'll be another successful hero in their arsenal.

TL;DR: No they shouldn't or at least I don't see a good reason to

If the movie is delayed for him then i say yes, but the last interview made me see he's excited for it and that they are trying to make something cool so i can wait as long as they actually do the Flash film

I say no and why? Ezra was the only bright spot in the JL especially as Barry...he was funny, quirky and eccentric but a bit of a wise ass and isn't Barry supposed to be that way? Which is why I definitely love Ezra Miller as Barry Allen

If Ezra is going to portray/perform Barry how did was in JL then they might want to recast because the reaction to him in JL seems mixed which isn't a good sign for launching a solo franchise with the character.

Hes starting to sound like Ben Affleck before Ben officially quit doing these interviews

Gold jacket, green jacket....who gives a s**t?

I honestly don’t care either way. If they end up making it(which I doubt they will now), I just hope Ezra plays it more like Barry Allen, and less like Wally. In JL, he felt way more like Wally. But again, whatever, I doubt this will get made. If it does, it’ll be a nice surprise.

i would pump the breaks on the DCEU, go with what works, so far that's WW, AM and possibly shazam.

These can all have good trilogies if they carry on in the same vein and make bank.

Would a flash solo movie work? A good movie will work, so, i guess it's all about will the movie be good, more so than will it be a good flash movie. What i don't like is the fact Ezra gets to rewrite... who is he to get to rewrite a flash movie more so than you or i?

I personally would open up the multiverse route in a future team up movie that showed us other interpretations and then we get best of, literally, both worlds.

He and Grant Morrison are writing their own script so it doesn't sound like Ezra's checked out quite yet..

No, keep Ezra and get rid of Goldstein and Daley

I'd prefer they work something out, but worst comes to worst there's no reason they can't continue without Ezra.

Im at the point that I just want a flash movie and the character by and large is a joyful hopeful one and not some dark take like batman. I hope ezra and grant dont go to far down the dark path because it really doesnt fit the character tone wise. If this last ditch attempt by ezra doesnt work then replace him.

At this point I say recast Ezra Miller entirely as Barry Allen and here would be my picks as far as recasting:

Taron Egerton
Ansel Elgort
Logan Lerman
Dylan O'Brien
Josh Hutcherson

I would recast frankly and go for a more athletic , blonde actor who fits the comic image a bit more. Now, of course they can dye whomever it is cast's hair blonde , but physically ,I'd want less of the Grant Gustin , Ezra Miller type of skiny brunette to more a leaner athletic Blonde look a bit more akin to John Wesley Shipp ,to clearly mark that this is a new , rebooted, Barry Allen .

I can't say which actor I would want for the part in particular , but in terms of the type of actor I would want to play Barry Allen , though I want would want the actor to be in their mid to late twenties I suppose.

Harrison Ford as Henry Allen for sure. I'd love to see them use the de-aging effects for the past with Nora.

At this point I say recast Ezra Miller entirely as Barry Allen and here would be my picks as far as recasting:

Taron Egerton
Ansel Elgort
Logan Lerman
Dylan O'Brien
Josh Hutcherson

A lot of those names have been brought up for Batman and I think the first four would all be pretty good as The Flash.

I'm indifferent with it. I wouldn't be sad or enraged if the studio kept him on. However, I do feel that there's better choices out there and I'm more up for that than Ezra staying. So with that said, I'm going to want a recast if possible.

A lot of those names have been brought up for Batman and I think the first four would all be pretty good as The Flash.
Those guys are all pretty boyish.
I’d honestly prefer someone a little more mature.
There will no doubt be humor in the movie but the last thing I want is for him to just seem like a spider-man ripoff

I warmed to him in Justice League but still wasn't crazy about him.

Recast would be the option to go imo, not sure who you would get but i'd love it if they got Matthew McConaughey for Reverse Flash.

Yeah McConaughey has been fan cast as so many different characters, but for some reason him as Reverse Flash makes the most sense to me. The Dark Tower movie sucked, but McConaughey's performance was solid, something like that would be great for Eobard Thawne.

Yeah McConaughey has been fan cast as so many different characters, but for some reason him as Reverse Flash makes the most sense to me. The Dark Tower movie sucked, but McConaughey's performance was solid, something like that would be great for Eobard Thawne.

Yeah I can just see him pulling off an even better version of the way Tom Cavanaugh played him in
series 1. Even though he would be my first choice there are a lot of other good choices I think the likes of Kevin Bacon, Hugo Weaving, Michael Fassbender or Kevin McKidd could all do a great job as Eobard.

Charlie Hunam, Boyd Holbrook or Garret Hedlund would be a good choice for Flash imo.

I think McConaughey would be better as Barry. Just because he looks the part and is older than Grant and Ezra. I sort of like the Kevin Bacon as Eobard idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"