Showtime Adapting Animal Kingdom Into TV-Series

Sgt.Pepper

Nowhere Man
Reaction score
astMP.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: A drama series adaptation of the 2010 Australian feature Animal Kingdom has landed at Showtime, with John Wells executive producing and Jonathan Lisco writing/executive producing. The project, now in development, is a crime drama exploring the tense battle between a criminal family and the police, and the ordinary lives caught in the middle. John Wells Prods and Warner Bros TV are producing, with Lisco, Wells and Andrew Stearn executive producing alongside the movie’s writer-director David Michôd and producer Liz Watts. Animal Kingdom expands Wells’ relationship with Showtime, where he executive produces drama series Shameless, also an adaptation of a foreign property — the British series of the same name — and also produced by John Wells Prods and WBTV. K-Ville creator Lisco, repped by UTA, has an existing relationship with Wells and WBTV; he is an executive producer on their TNT cop drama Southland.

Source

Loved the film (highly recommend to those who haven't seen the film yet) and the prospect of seeing the early days of the family in their battle against the cops in a TV-format would be interesting to see. If it's well-written and has the right cast, this would definitely be a solid addition to Showtime's line-up.

I still want to see the movie, I've heard great things about it and been meaning to see it ever since it came out. This show sounds very promising. :up:

I don't mind this at all. The film is one of my favorites of last year's and it's rich of stories they could delve into during their early days and showing the inner workings of the criminal family. It'd be hard to measure what made the film so great but it's nice Showtime is willing to take a shot at it.

Wow this is good news the movie was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"