• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Showtime Orders ‘The Curse’ Comedy Pilot From the Safdie Brothers & Nathan Fielder

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Showtime Orders ‘The Curse’ Comedy Pilot From Safdie Brothers & Nathan Fielder – Deadline

Showtime has given a pilot green light to The Curse, a half-hour comedy from Uncut Gems directors/co-writers Benny & Josh Safdie and Nathan for You creator and star Nathan Fielder, I have learned.

Written by Fielder and Benny Safdie and to be directed by the Safdie brothers, The Curse stars Fielder and co-stars Benny Safdie. It explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple who star in Flipanthropy, their troubled HGTV show, I hear.

Fielder will play the husband; Benny Safdie will play the producer of the HGTV show. Fielder, Benny Safdie and Josh Safdie executive produce the pilot, which is produced by Showtime. The network declined comment.

Just saw like a 2 second clip of this during a "Coming Soon to Showtime" ad

Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone were sitting at a table, and Benny Safdie has long hair. That's it. :hehe:

Well this 1st episode was pretty much as uncomfortable as you'd expect.

Just watched the pilot earlier today and like that one episode of What We Do in the Shadows, it nails the HGTV stuff. Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone are great as those absolutely superficial hosts you'd see on any number of HGTV shows and I'm very curious to see how this 'curse' plays out!

Also, I never want to know the secret to how anyone tends to their garden ever again.

Catching up with episode 4, this has to be the most cocaine fueled song I've ever heard

Just finished the first episode and this is the perfect type of cringe that is just right for me lol. I also really dug the score in the first episode and I’m hoping they will release a soundtrack eventually if the music remains good throughout the series. This series fits right in with Uncut Gems and Good Time and in my head cannon they all take place in the same ****ed up universe.

That was the most what the **** **** I’ve seen on tv in the past few years and I loved every moment of it. I remember reading on the playlist that Benny Safdie said they could explore more of this world in a possible season 2 but that was before the finale came out so I think he was just talking **** because I can’t see how this can continue after that ending and that’s fine by me. I thought this entire season was fantastic so I’m good if this is a one and done series.

5077e8e52a92a9a7b2e2eccf0d45713561085481.gif

I died laughing.

Just binged this in like 3 days and my brain is mush. I am blown away by the insanity. And its probably the funniest show made in the last couple years. Incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"