• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Iron Fist Simone Missick is Misty Knight

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
I didn't know that this part had been cast and of course, there's no thread for her here so... Yeah. Danny's long time main squeeze and a kick ass cool character in her own right, she is to be played by Simone Missick.

http://screenrant.com/luke-cage-netflix-female-lead-misty-knight/

I don't know if she is going to be in the IF show or if she's just in CAGE and Danny meets her in Defenders, but if she does show up, here's where to discuss her.

Simone-Missick-in-Demo-Reel.jpg

skmk2.jpg

Got my hopes up she'd been spotted on the set or announced. My heart...

For real, I want their story to be part of season 1. One of my all time.

Not a fan of this casting. Wish they got Teyonah Parris.

Hope she does good though.

I just hope the character is in Iron Fist and they establish the relationship.

I could see it going either way. Took awhile in the comics for them to be together - though there was a strong mutual attraction almost from the jump.

As long as A) They don't artificially rush it and B) make some idiotic love octagon, I'm good.

I would say that it depends about the actors chemistry. If there is an immediate spark than honestly I don't think it can be rushed. If even the audience feels it after their first scene together than any taking your time just turns into the will they won't they game.

I would say that it depends about the actors chemistry. If there is an immediate spark than honestly I don't think it can be rushed. If even the audience feels it after their first scene together than any taking your time just turns into the will they won't they game.

The article also mentioned that they are considering a potential spin-off for Misty. If they do, hopefully it's a Daughters of the Dragon show with Misty and Colleen.

I think that's most likely what it would be and I'm all for it.

Same. And a show about a black woman and an Asian woman would be a great stride to diversity in the superhero world on screen.

The article also mentioned that they are considering a potential spin-off for Misty. If they do, hopefully it's a Daughters of the Dragon show with Misty and Colleen.

Doesn't say they are considering it. It's just speculation.

Doesn't say they are considering it. It's just speculation.

Yeah, it's more like they have a bunch of cards on the table, and they could take them any which way if they so choose.

They do mention how they don't want to turn Netflix into a Marvel channel, and Netflix is being careful about which shows they choose to make, which is why those rumors of Moon Knight/Ghost Rider/whatever else have always been laughable to me. I think Marvel has a full plate right now, and juggling multiple seasons is something they'll have to map and figure out. A Daughters of the Dragon show would be dope, but not competely necessary. I think the characters can work just as effectively as supporting characters to Cage and Fist.

If anything, I think if Marvel/Netflix add another show, it might be Shang-Chi, if those rumors about him being in a small role in Iron Fist and possibly spun-off like Punisher are true. He certainly has the supporting cast, villains and unique story to hold his own show while being different than the rest of the Defenders characters.

Punisher is a no brainer because he's a more established brand and character. He has a marketable, iconic logo.

Daughters of the Dragon? Not so much. Not saying it's impossible. If Misty Knight and say Colleen Wing got the support that Hayley Atwell did, yeah maybe they'd do a show. I'd say it's highly unlikely at this point.

In terms of Netflix, characters like Blade and Moon Knight make a lot more sense for that platform.

And now we are dealing with a problem of all these shows getting popular and renewed and we are going to have to wait YEARS for new seasons because we can only get two a year.

Well yeah, I don't think they'll be adding any new shows/spinoffs any time soon. But if they are adding more into the mix at some point, I don't see why Daughters of the Dragon would be any less likely than any other spinoff.

This makes sense. Marvel has shown that they're at least going to do a variation of the traditional pairings from the comics (even if it's not exactly the same). They've done versions of Matt/Elektra, Matt/Karen, and Luke/Jessica already. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get a variation of Danny/Misty as well.

Plus with Colleen Wing confirmed to appear on IF as well, that's a great chance to start building her and Misty's friendship to.

They just revised the article and quote.... Misty Knight no longer confirmed... dang it.

Punisher is a no brainer because he's a more established brand and character. He has a marketable, iconic logo.

Daughters of the Dragon? Not so much. Not saying it's impossible. If Misty Knight and say Colleen Wing got the support that Hayley Atwell did, yeah maybe they'd do a show. I'd say it's highly unlikely at this point.

In terms of Netflix, characters like Blade and Moon Knight make a lot more sense for that platform.

And now we are dealing with a problem of all these shows getting popular and renewed and we are going to have to wait YEARS for new seasons because we can only get two a year.

I think they could do a Daughters of the Dragon series but put it in the vein of a Hard Traveling Heroes/Supernatural where they have guest stars every other episode so they can introduce other heroes like Blade or White Tiger.

I think they could do a Daughters of the Dragon series but put it in the vein of a Hard Traveling Heroes/Supernatural where they have guest stars every other episode so they can introduce other heroes like Blade or White Tiger.

I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, that would be way too much work for way too little upside. You'd need to have one new "can lead a show" actor per episode, without any idea of which ones would actually work.

She was awesome in Luke Cage, so I hope she shows up in Iron Fist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"