Sisters - Tina Fey/Amy Poehler together again

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/pit...n-tune-with-tina-fey-for-uni-comedy-the-nest/
‘Pitch Perfect’ Helmer Jason Moore In Tune With Tina Fey For Uni Comedy ‘The Nest’
By MIKE FLEMING JR

EXCLUSIVE: After a breakout turn helming the sleeper comedy Pitch Perfect, Jason Moore is in negotiations to direct The Nest, a Universal Pictures comedy that shapes up as an imminent post-30 Rock star vehicle for Tina Fey. The comedy’s based on an original idea by Paula Pell, who wrote the script. Fey is producing through her Little Stranger Inc banner.

In the comedy, two thirtysomething sisters come home to find their parents’ house has been put up for sale. They spend a last wild weekend together, bonding and feuding and finally growing up.

It will be next for Moore and possibly next for Fey after she wrapped seven seasons as creator, writer, producer and star of 30 Rock. Pell worked with Fey as a writer for Saturday Night Live, where Fey was longtime Weekend Update host and the show’s head writer. Pell has been at SNL 17 years, and is still a part-time writer there. Since The Nest is Pell’s first feature script, it makes her an overnight success after nearly two decades. She was an exec producer on Judd Apatow’s most recent comedy This Is 40, and she has just set up a follow up script with Apatow and Benderspink called Business Trip.

Fey will soon be seen starring in the Focus Features comedy Admission, and comes off a killer turn hosting the Golden Globes with Amy Poehler.

Moore made his feature directing debut on Pitch Perfect, the Anna Kendrick-Rebel Wilson starrer that Universal released in October. Pitch Perfect, which cost $17 million, has grossed north of $108 million worldwide. Moore’s best known for his extensive Broadway work, directing such stage hits as Shrek The Musical, Avenue Q, and Steel Magnolias, as well as Jerry Springer: The Opera At Carnegie Hall. He is currently working on Tales Of The City, which has music from the Scissor Sisters and which opens on Broadway in 2014 after premiering at the American Conservatory Theatre. He also helmed episodes of Dawson’s Creek, Everwood, One Tree Hill and Brothers And Sisters.

Moore, Pell and Fey are repped by WME, and Fey’s also repped by 3 Arts and Cliff Gilbert-Lurie.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/amy-poehler-the-nest-tina-fey/
Amy Poehler Joins Tina Fey As Partying Sisters In Universal’s ‘The Nest’
By THE DEADLINE TEAM

The once and future Golden Globes hosts are teaming up again, this time for the big screen. Amy Poehler is in final negotiations to star alongside Tina Fey in Universal’s comedy The Nest. They’ll play thirtysomething sisters who come home to find their parents’ house has been put up for sale. They spend a last wild weekend together, bonding and feuding and finally growing up. Fey is producing through her Little Stranger banner along with Jay Roach and his Everyman Pictures. Poehler also will executive produce. Pitch Perfect helmer Jason Moore will direct The Nest from a screenplay by Paula Pell. SVP Production Erik Baiers and creative executive Chloe Yellin are overseeing for the studio.

Longtime former SNL comrades Poehler and Fey also starred together in the 2008 comedy Baby Mama. In October they signed a two-year deal to host the Golden Globe Awards, and their stint in January drew the show’s biggest TV audience in a decade. Poehler continues to star on NBC’s Parks And Recreation, and her recent film credits include They Came Together — which premiered at Sundance — You Are Here and A.C.O.D. She co-created the NBC comedy pilot Old Soul and exec produces Welcome To Sweden, which stars her brother Greg Poehler and premieres July 10 on NBC, and Comedy Central’s Broad City. Poehler was at Mip-TV in Cannes on Monday talking about the latter show, which got a second-season pickup in February. She is repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Fey and Poehler together is always a good thing. Add to that Paula Pell writing the screenplay and it's even better. Tina has gone on the record saying that some of the best stuff to come out of SNL in her day came from Pell.

The trailer is out. I'm not sure I like it but there were some funny stuff like the "I've been thinking"/"Why?" exchange.

Tina Fey doing it with John Cena? Count me in.

[YT]vRnhEjP3R-c[/YT]

not ashamed to say I enjoyed baby mamas so yeah I'm a fan :woot:

Ha this looks like fun. I love the idea of two friends working together Pegg and frost style. I'll definitely watch this

[YT]G2Z3y3Qw3RU[/YT]
#youcanseethemboth :funny:

Am I the only one who never finds Amy Poehler funny?

They should have tackled Ghostbusters........ just saying

Am I the only one

Yes.
who never finds Amy Poehler funny?
I just...
tumblr_njlcwnPGxR1rt1sb2o2_540.gif

Last edited:
I like it. Definitely a Netflix watch, though. :)

Looks quite funny, Fey is looking hot and I find both her and Amy quite funny.

I saw this today. It was hilarious. It's a shame they made some ackward jokes about Koreans (and not just because I saw it with a few Koreans) but other than that it's the funniest film I've seen in years. It's wonderful to see Amy Poehler together with Tina fey and it's great to see Tina escaping from her stereotype of single white woman looking for love in New York City. They were both amazing.

Check it out! Plus Diane wiest is in it too and she's amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"