Smallville: All-time moments, rank 'em.

jthom19802

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't have time to sift through 80 pages of threads. So if this has been done then by all means link me or mods move this post to that thread and bump it.

Here we go. Smallville is ending. Top 5 moments:

1. Season 4 - Onyx - Lex pronounces "You were right about me all along Mr. Kent, I AM the villain of the story". Honestly after that episode Rosenbaum was my Lex for life unless I see otherwise.

2. Season 3 - Phoenix - Jonathan Kent kicks his sons' butt. I know they were back and forth, but bottom line is in the end when Clark had no physical advantage over Jonathan, Pa Kent whooped him and I loved it.

3. Season 10 - Homecoming - Clark meets ...well, himself. There were a lot of good things in that episode but "Time travel, think it through" and "Well done, my man" and then young Clark hears 'you never would have become me' and responds with "That's too bad" were great. Fantastic scene all around.

4. Season 7 - Bizarro - I know this gets some hate, but I don't see it. Easily one of the most expensive SFX episodes ever, and the way Tom takes his voice down an octave to portray B is awesome. "I'm you, just a little more bizarre". Plus J'onzz catches him in the end to keep the continuity that Supes will see him again. Not to mention the exact opposite-ness they kept. What hurt or helped Clark was the exact thing that hurt or helped Bizarro (in this case, the sun).

5. Undecided. There's still three (4) episodes left.

*List subject to change after May 13*

Last edited:
I don't have time to sift through 80 pages of threads. So if this has been done then by all means link me or mods move this post to that thread and bump it.

Here we go. Smallville is ending. Top 5 moments:

1. Season 4 - Onyx - Lex pronounces "You were right about me all along Mr. Kent, I AM the villain of the story". Honestly after that episode Rosenbaum was my Lex for life unless I see otherwise.

3. Season 10 - Homecoming - Clark meets ...well, himself. There were a lot of good things in that episode but "Time travel, think it through" and "Well done, my man" and then young Clark hears 'you never would have become me' and responds with "That's too bad" were great. Fantastic scene all around.

these are my all time two favorites. i think the finale will trump these though, i hope!

A thread like this should have been held off to the day of the finale. But oh well. I am sure others will wait to may to include what ever epic moments the finale has.

A thread like this should have been held off to the day of the finale.

I'll be sure to bump it, then :woot:

Joking aside though I get your point; however, for me personally they'd have to do some EPIC stuff between now and 5/13 at 10:00 p.m. for me to consider bumping my top 3. I still YT them once in a while for kicks and giggles.

Hmm...I'd really have to think about it for "all time." These are definitely some moments that stick out through the series, but in no particular order...

1. Clark's arrival on Earth
2. Flight in "Crusade"
3. The entire time Clark is in the Kryptonite tank in "Memoria" (I'll even add the final scene of that episode with Martha and Clark.")
4. The "bye bye" scene at the end of "Vengeance" when Clark accepts Johnathan's death.
5. Clark stopping the bullets at the end of "Crossfire"
6. Chloe finding out Clark's secret in "Pariah"
7. The goodbye speech Clark gives to the JLA in "Salvation"
8. This would definitely make my all-time list: The argument between Clark and Lex in "Descent" when Clark confronts Lex about killing Lionel.
9. Lex killing Lionel.
10. Clark saving Lois/catching the Daily Planet globe.

God, there's so many more that I couldn't choose from lol

Oh, and this would definitely make the list as well:

Clark saving Chloe at the Checkmate HQ. Wow.

To make a list of the Top 5 Smallville moments is extremely hard to do but off the top of my head I would say...

1. Season 3 finale "Covenant" - the way the season ends is just insane...by far the best ending to any season on the show.

2. Season 5 "Oynx" - when split into to seperate people "Evil Lex" shoots Johnathan while a powerless Clark watches because of the K-Ring and proclaims "...I am the villain of the story..."

3. Season 4 finale Season 5 premiere - The introduction to the Fortress of Solitude...as a lifelong Superman fan that was insane to see and very well done...

4. Season 10 "Homecoming" - Clark sees his future including meeting "himself"and watching an adult Superman stop a diaster...that scene was loaded with fanboy items such as the headline to the Daily Planet mentioning Superman on the front page...

5. Season 2 "Rosetta" - Christopher Reeve officially passes the torch to Tom Welling as this generation's Superman...not to mention the first time we hear the iconic Superman music on television...

Last edited:
I can agree about the 2 Clark's meeting in Homecoming and the flight in Crusade gives me chills every time. Also the end of Run with Bart and Clark racing is also a favorite.

Ya there has been so many great moments in its ten yr run.

Action scenes

1. Clark fights Titan in Combat - best fight action sequence ever

2. Clark fights Bizarro in Bizarro - a close second

3. Missile leap in Hidden - hated the episode overall(to depressing and part of the bigger S5 storyline I hated about Jonathon dieing) but that one scene was good

Best Clark Scene with character {fill in name}

Lana - Ending scene in Hothead when they screaming in football field, I actually had hope for them way back then.

Lex - I thought the ending scene in Hug came off real good

Martha & Jonathon - Pilot finding Clark

Chloe - Vengeance when they hunting for the Angel of Vengeance

Pete - Pete high fives Clark after he heard Clark is dating Alicia(now that to me is how a best friend character should be used, sadly he hardly was used like that sicne he was to busy racing cars offscreen)

Lois - ending scene in Lucy, nice happy ending that props up Clark and a good example of the relationship they had in S4

Season 4 finale Season 5 premiere - The introduction to the Fortress of Solitude...as a lifelong Superman fan that was insane to see and very well done...

I thought the show did a piss poor job of introducing the FOS. No sooner does he find it and Jor-El takes him hostage, then Chloe shows up and Clark helps her only to lose his powers by the end of the episode. It just was one of 101 things happening in Arrival. To me the FOS should have been a big moment for Clark to end an episode and be a happier moment.

Last edited:
Not a top 10. But, enjoyed the following scenes...

-Clark meeting Swann (Reeves) for the first time. With the Supes music playing.
-Clark walking into the JSA headquarters and seeing all of the mementos. For a long time comic fan. That was very cool.
-Chloe seeing Clark catch the car in mid air. Finally, learning his secret.

One of my favorite moments is when Lionel FINALLY after 7 seasons tells Lex that he loves him and by then it's too late.

1 Christopher Reeve Guest Starring.

2 Lois Arrives

3 Lana Leaves

4 Glasses In Any Ep

5 Fight Scenes Bizarro S9 Zod Doomsday

6 Fortress Is Built

7 Justice League Legion Of Superhero's Justice Society

8 Lois And Clark Working At The Daily Planet

9 Lois And Clark Tie The Not.

10 Moving On Completely.

1. Christopher Reeve's first appearance; and subsequent appearance (s)
2. Eva Cassidy's haunting rendition of Time After Time for the funeral of Whitney's dad. There was so much being said by the characters without a word being uttered. Early Smallville used to close with some great music.
3. Lex's turn in Onyx; it was the Lex I had been wanting to see since day one of the show; can't remember the episode, but the scene where the psychic sees Lex's blood soaked future.
4. Lionel Luthor, in pretty much every scene he was in (Seasons 1-3).
5. The goo forming into Brainiac at the end of the season five premiere
6. Chloe discovering that Clark has superpowers
7. The first Justice League episode, when they were all slow walking with the fireball behind them.
8. Seeing the Supersuit in Season 10.
9. Doomsday's first appearance
10. Clark's attack on Checkmate; I thought it was very stylized.
11. The fight against Icicle in Absolute Justice; one of the best fight scenes Smallville's pulled off.
12. Lana admitting that she liked/loved Bizarro-Clark more than regular Clark; I wish more had been done with that.
13. Mera in that wetsuit (also, Tess in that dress Season 10, and Erica Durance working the pole).
14. The arrival of the Kryptonians in the Season 4 finale.
15. When Clark said something like Zod is coming before the Season 5 finale. Season 5 was my favorite.
16. Superman movie/lore cameos (Margot Kidder, dude that played Jimmy Olsen, Helen Slater, Dean Cain, and Teri Hatcher). I just loved seeing those folks.
17. Clark revealing his super secret to Lois. I'm glad they finally let that happen.
18. Supergirl with the US flag as backdrop (S10); I wish they had let her put an "S" on her chest. It would've made a great picture, perfect.

Last edited:
15 hours and counting! Bump.

I will naturally post and possibly edit my all-time rankings after tomorrow's show should any editing be necessary.

I don't know if I can rank my favorite scenes, but I'll list some of them.

1. Christopher Reeve's first appearance. It was like geek overload, watching the proverbial torch being passed to Welling as this generations Superman.

2. Getting a first glimpse of his cape in "hereafter."

3. "Hourglass" and watching Lex's future unfold. President Lex and blood rain! It was tragic as Lex at that point really wanted nothing but to be a good person.

4. "I am the villain of the story!"

5. Watching the entire DC universe unfold before out eyes for the first time and how the universe centers on Clark being the leader for the heroes that is needed.

6. Lex finding out the truth about his brother's death.

well i think i will make a list hopefully in the next few days. After we see the finale and let it soak in and all.

I stick by my original rankings. I didn't dislike the finale at all, but nothing in it bumped any of them. If anything, I'd switch out the Bizarro flight for the plane scene. That's about it.

5. Justice: The JLA walking towards the screen / Savior: The Blur's Train Save (Tie)
4. Reckoning: Johnathan's Death (I actually really prefer the deleted scene)
3. Rosetta: Christopher Reeve guest appearance
2. Crusade: Clark takes flight
1. Finale: Clark becomes Superman

i dont have a full list yet, but here is a few items that have been my all time fav stuff:
clark meeting dr. swann and learning of krypton.
that first bus save in metropolis in season 1.
definately cursade first flight.

I will have alot more in the coming weeks. when i look back at the show more. probably wont have more to say for like a week. due to going to be busy with work this coming week.

I won't add any of it to my list, but I for sure get a kick anytime I hear J Snyder in "Johnathan Kent" mode.

1. Clark does a shirt rip to the Superman theme in "Finale Part 2"
2. Clark flies out of the Fortress and puts his suit on in "Finale Part 2"
3. Meteor shower in Smallville from "Pilot"
4. Clark meets Dr. Swan for the first time in "Rosetta"
5. Clark throws the crystal and forms the FOS from "Commencement" and "Arrival"
6. Lex confronts Clark in the barn and punches him with a kryptonite ring from "Onyx"
7. Lex confronts Clark in the FOS in "Arctic"
8. Clark's flight from "Crusade"
9. Lex confronts Clark in "Finale Part 2"
10. Jonathan Kent's death in "Reckoning"

1. Clark meets Dr Swan
2. Clark flies for real in Homecoming
3. Shirt Rip in the finale
4. Scene with Martha in "Memoria": "A mother`s love never dies".
5. Flight on Crusade
6. Flight with Lois in the virtual world
7. Stopping the missile
8. Jump on Insurgence
9. "I am the villain of the story"
10. Walk down the aisle

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads