Smallville SMALLVILLE RETURNS! ...in novel form

Last edited:
A part of me wonders if they'll just establish that while Lex's cognitive memories of his life were erased, the essence of his personality that was developed during those 10 years in Smallville's run still remained, thus him still following down his villainous journey.

I mean, I find it hard to believe that even after his memories have been erased, that Lex would still be progressing as a villain as though he had still remembered everything unless some part of his villainous side that had been nurtured during his journey in Smallville remained in tact.

That's what makes least sense about the Lex mindwipe. It totally takes any sort of character development or realism out of it. People's personalities are shaped by their life choices. Or in what way you grew up, what people you choose to surround yourself with, what direction you decided to take in life, all of that. Some people say the mindwipe doesn't take much away and he's still Lex Luthor, he's got the same emotions, he's evil at his core, and I just don't buy it. Cuz how does it happen for someone to wake up one morning with no memories whatsoever of his previous life and just say: "Oh, I'm gonna be an evil bastard, muwahahaha". There's nothing believable about this whatsoever and I'm really curious to see how Bryan Miller handles it. The Lex mindwipe is the only big problem I had from the finale, the no-suit didn't bother me that much. I hope if Lex doesn't have any of his memories, Miller gives him some reasonable meaning to be a villain.

Hmm the way story is bring broken up sounds odd if each issue is really only part of one episode. That would mean that way a multi episode length more then 5-6 issues would take yrs to even come out.

That's what makes least sense about the Lex mindwipe. It totally takes any sort of character development or realism out of it. People's personalities are shaped by their life choices. Or in what way you grew up, what people you choose to surround yourself with, what direction you decided to take in life, all of that. Some people say the mindwipe doesn't take much away and he's still Lex Luthor, he's got the same emotions, he's evil at his core, and I just don't buy it. Cuz how does it happen for someone to wake up one morning with no memories whatsoever of his previous life and just say: "Oh, I'm gonna be an evil bastard, muwahahaha". There's nothing believable about this whatsoever and I'm really curious to see how Bryan Miller handles it. The Lex mindwipe is the only big problem I had from the finale, the no-suit didn't bother me that much. I hope if Lex doesn't have any of his memories, Miller gives him some reasonable meaning to be a villain.

Agreed; heck even the series showed that Lex was capable of being good had he picked the right choices; and no one is innately good or bad and that it's their decisions and experiences that result in shaping who they are.

well i am sure BQM knows of fans not liking the mindwipe on lex. So he will probably fix that issue nice. at least get lex majority of his memories but not knowing clark is supes at least not fully aware.

Well, maybe the kryptonian laser we see on his face (cover #2) will restore his memories, without Clark's secret.

The mindwipe made Lex's development over 10 years completely pointless.

What's the point of going 10 years watching this guys journey only to erase it all in the final episode and essentially give him a clean slate?

Easily the DUMBEST move in the history of the series.

KSite has posted an interview with Cassidy Freeman concerning original plans for her character in the SV Finale and the comic series. :super:

KSite has posted an interview with Cassidy Freeman concerning original plans for her character in the SV Finale and the comic series. :super:

That would have been interesting to see on what they would have done with her character if they allowed her to live.

But didn't they also say that another part of their back up plan, had MR not been available to film his scenes for the finale, was to somehow show that Lex was still alive and that he was pulling all of the strings, or something to that effect? Either way, if that came about as well, that still would have kept both endings with Lex being alive.

In any case, the comic book series should allow BQM to tackle huge scale things like:

1. Zod's return from the PZ with his PZ Army/Minions

2. Doomsday's return and them really playing up the "Death of Superman" angle

3. Darkseid returning with a army this time and the New Age Gods getting involved

4. Us seeing updated costumes for the remainder of the JLA team

Well i dont think it made everything pointless i would wait to see what bqm does with lex first to see how much the wipe did effect him.

That would have been interesting to see on what they would have done with her character if they allowed her to live.

But didn't they also say that another part of their back up plan, had MR not been available to film his scenes for the finale, was to somehow show that Lex was still alive and that he was pulling all of the strings, or something to that effect? Either way, if that came about as well, that still would have kept both endings with Lex being alive.

In any case, the comic book series should allow BQM to tackle huge scale things like:

1. Zod's return from the PZ with his PZ Army/Minions

2. Doomsday's return and them really playing up the "Death of Superman" angle

3. Darkseid returning with a army this time and the New Age Gods getting involved

4. Us seeing updated costumes for the remainder of the JLA team

Yeah, I remember they said that if MR was unavailable for the finale that Lex would be alive in someway behind the scenes. In all these scenarios, Lex would have lived thus making Tess' death unnecessary.

All those you listed are the things I want to see in SV's version apart from the comics version. :super:

I just can't wait until the inevitable arc when he meets Bruce...

He won't have trunks, I'll tell you that lol.

Of course not since as we know from bqm he had to change clark suit cause it looks like dc wants bs syngery in books/media. Which is **** to me when u got earth one, old books, and animated stuff still sporting trunks on supes/others.

I kind of wish that they branched off the series into a animated show instead of just doing it as comics. I mean, I'd really like to see the same people behind the DCAU/Young Justice working on a Smallville animated series.

Of course not since as we know from bqm he had to change clark suit cause it looks like dc wants bs syngery in books/media. Which is **** to me when u got earth one, old books, and animated stuff still sporting trunks on supes/others.

Well, never say never.

Who knows if at the end of vol. 2 of Earth One, or by the time Vol. 3 comes out, that we'll see a change with the suit in that GN series. Plus, the DCnU suit has appeared in the recent Superman kids comics, when the classic was sported right next to it in another comic

Who knows when the DCnU, or any redesign similar yet seperate, appears in animated form. This year, next year, etc: again, never say never,

true and who knows if the new look would change back, that is a possiblity too.

Cuz this cover is for episode 2. Which doesn't have a thread yet and we don't know its name either. But yes, this thread indeed does seem kinda useless now.

Episode (issue) #2 is also named Guardian (chapters 4 thru 6). I suspect that Guardian is the name of the story that will run throughout Season 11.

Or it is just the name of first two or three print issues.

Or it is just the name of first two or three print issues.
http://www.ksitetv.com/more-flights...-talks-about-smallville-season-11-page-3-of-3

Is it going to be one story a week indefinitely, or will there be breaks, like the show had?
The first story, “Guardian,” runs for 12 weeks. It’s a 120 page story. I wanted to do it as big as possible, and the first few stories, we’re going to do it as big as possible, to keep people coming back every week. There will definitely be weekly chapters of larger stories. Whether they’re in 12 week bursts, or 9 week bursts, or 6 week bursts; I don’t know that we would go below that certain threshold of 6 weeks, because then I think it gets a little too brief to tell the kind of stories that we’re trying to tell.

basiaclly there will be 3-4 print stories and sometimes 2-3 print stories

Ok thanks for correction on how print is being handled.

Happy Birthday Smallville, October 16, 2001 (13 years ago)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"