• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man So do you think there's gonna be "the Night that Gwen Stacy died"?

Irfan Khans character "Nels Van Adder" is a clear hint towards to Norman Osborn being in the series and ofcourse that means the green goblin as well.

And as you all know, the reboot is called "The Amazing Spiderman". Somehow that, hinting toward the green goblin and Gwen in the series 100% surely means that they are gonna use "the Night that Gwen dies" story arc. But not in the first movie, maybe not even in the sequel but in the third movie (if it's a trilogy)

Wouldn't it be great if they saved the best for last?

^^ I wouldn't say it 100% means, but I think it 90% means that they will use the story. As for saving it for the last? That's pobably what will happen. I would tyink that they would want her killed off in the 2nd film to show the affect it has on Peter in the 3rd, but either is fine with me.

What if they end the 2nd film with a cliff hanger? Literally showing Gwen hanging off the bridge and then falling, cut to goblin, cut to Spidey... THE END!!!

;)

^^ Ehhh, I don't know about that. If it's a tense scene (like the train sequeance in S-M2), then I don't think it would be wise to cut it off right then and there.

No cliffhangers, thanks. A film should have a certain amount of resolution, even when it's part of a franchise with continuing arcs.

I agree. If you ask me, any cliffhangers at the end should be done similar to the one at the end of Batman Begins: foreshadowing something for a future movie, rather than leaving something from the present one unresolved.

Didn't Spider-Man 2 also do that? At the end of the movie, Harry accidentally finds Norman's secret Goblin lab with his mask and glider and a load of bombs.

I know this is looking far ahead in the future, but with this reboot my mind is racing about so many things.

Do you think they're gonna kill Gwen Stacy? I don't think they'll kill her in the first movie, but maybe in a possible sequel?

i'm still kind of hoping they don't.

Didn't Spider-Man 2 also do that? At the end of the movie, Harry accidentally finds Norman's secret Goblin lab with his mask and glider and a load of bombs.

Yeah, and it worked. It made people say "Ooh, they're setting that up for a sequel!" instead of "I can't believe I sat here for 2 hours and nothing is resolved."

I agree. If you ask me, any cliffhangers at the end should be done similar to the one at the end of Batman Begins: foreshadowing something for a future movie, rather than leaving something from the present one unresolved.

The ending of matrix reloaded had me wanting to drown kittens.

Other than action sequences, I've seemingly mentally blocked out everything about the Matrix sequels.

^^I liked them, more than the first
I don't think it's needed

It's already been confirmed that the Green Goblin will not be the villain in this movie, so I'm gonna go with "I certainly hope not." This isn't a definitive yes or no, because honestly there's no way to tell at this point and that would be a total shot in the dark. BUT I will say that having The Lizard, or really anyone else, kill off Gwen Stacy other than the Green Goblin would be an outrage. It'd be like having Two Face kill Jason Todd, or Lex Luthor kill the Blue Beetle (TWICE!).

Irfan Khans character "Nels Van Adder" is a clear hint towards to Norman Osborn being in the series and of course that means the green goblin as well.

And as you all know, the reboot is called "The Amazing Spiderman". Somehow that, hinting toward the green goblin and Gwen in the series 100% surely means that they are gonna use "the Night that Gwen dies" story arc. But not in the first movie, maybe not even in the sequel but in the third movie (if it's a trilogy)

Wouldn't it be great if they saved the best for last?

I'm used to trilogies having a resolution for the characters or a happy ending. I have no idea what they plan to do but I can't imagine they would kill off Gwen in part three. It would leave some people feeling empty. I can see it happening in the second film but not the third.

:up: That has to be one of my favorite cliffhangers.

^^I liked them, more than the first
I don't think it's needed
Well, I wouldn't say Matrix 2 and 3 is better than the first one, because I thought the first was fantastic, but Reloaded and Revolutions are VERY underrated, IMO.

ASm1 - establish Pete and Gwen's relationship, kill Capt Stacey

ASm2 - Show the pressure/strength of Pete and Gwen's relationship by how they're both dealing with Capt Stacey's death, and Pete's hidden guilt/mulling over telling Gwen his secret. Make things look like they're getting better, then kill Gwen in the 2nd or 3rd act

ASM3 - introduce MJ; have them together by the end of the flick

This would be perfect!!!

we can only hope. seriously drop the blonde

whats sad though is we may end up with carlie cooper in a future film

The night gwen stacy dies was one of the best spidey storylines ever. If they took the trouble to put Gwen in this series, but are not gonna kill her, I will be seriously pissed.

^^ Well, if by "Ray" they mean Ray cooper, then it's possible, but that's something I HIGHLY doubt.

What if they do use this storyline, but omit the Green Goblin?

As much as I hate it, I think it's highly possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"