So far, Wii dominating (Wii leads Jan. and Feb. sales and MORE)

You act like Teen is such a hard rating. It's the PG-13 of the ESRB ratings, there's such variety in it.
You forget also that video game consoles aren't men for kids these days, they're targeted towards teens and young adults.

Who says video games need to stay targeted towards teens and young adults though. Why can't a videogame company target a system towards littler kids and their parents (who most likely played a Nintendo when they were young) as well? I've got cousins, nieces and nephews that all play video games and they're all under 8 years old, they're playing handhelds and hand me down systems becasue new systems cost too much and don't have many games targeted toward them. Nintendo is looking to reach a broader audience, but is still looking to provide older gamers with the big time games they want. How is that a bad strategy? Obviously it's working.

More domination in Japan:

Wii outsells PS3 3 to 1.
Wii outsells 360 30 to 1.

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=3972

With PS3's unimpressive sales in Japan and abroad, it is becoming more and more likely that the next installment in the Final Fantasy franchise will not be a PS3-exclusive. And with Xbox 360's abysmal sales in Japan, it probably won't head to the 360. All signs point to the Wii or DS Lite: both systems are a phenomenon in Japan and Square Enix knows this (the next Dragon Quest is heading to the DS Lite, not the PS3!). Also, I bet Sqaure Enix is looking to reinvent the franchise to keep it fresh, so I think it is definitely possible that the next FF will be on Wii.

I don't know. Final Fantasy is always a graphics ****e.

That's what I was thinking.....the Wii is not slouch in the graphical department....but I'm not sure that it could handle what Square puts into the FF franchise.

They DID put Dragon Quest, their BIGGEST franchise, on the DS Lite, so I don't think having FF on Wii is too much of a stretch. Besides, there's more to graphics than just raw specs.

Dragon Quest is so not their biggest franchise.

It was Enix's biggest franchise, and just slightly less popular than the FF franchise in Japan.

So I think it counts, and it was a pretty big blow for Sony not to get the next iteration of the DQ franchise.

Worldwide, Final Fantasty is bigger. But Dragon Quest is MUCH bigger in Japan. Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Sky is, according to Famitsu,Japan's most anticipated title, ahead of Final Fintasy. And it's only for the DS. It would have gone to the PS3. So if Square Enix can put their biggest Japanese-cash cow on the DS, I don't think it's too far of a stretch for FF to be on Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"