So have character nationalities been confirmed yet?

BlackOpsTengu

Civilian
Reaction score
Since is this a real sticking point to many, does anyone know the nationalities of the Joes?

To me as long as Duke, Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander are American (Beachhead and Stalker my other favorite Joes are a non issue since they're not in the film), I could care less if they change the nationalities of the others.

I'm pretty sure the American actors are gonna be American. Jonathan Pryce will be American too as he is the president.

I'm bothered they made Ripcord black. Why? Well, why make a white character black? Why not, I don't know, use one of the other kick ass black guys that are already black? *cough* STALKER! *cough*

I'll be the first to admit GI Joe is primarily a bunch of white guys, and could use some more minorities. But to ignore already existing characters that are already a minority, really annoys me. Spirit? STALKER? Tunnel Rat? Hell, they said Larry Hama is already doing a cameo, why not as Tunnel Rat (since the figure and character's face was based on Larry Hama to begin with!)? I mean, Ripcord? Who even cares. Stalker is ten times cooler. Plus, Wayans? Lame.

The rumor was they had a problem with hero a named "Stalker". Just another case of PC thinking run rampant.

I'm bothered they made Ripcord black. Why? Well, why make a white character black? Why not, I don't know, use one of the other kick ass black guys that are already black? *cough* STALKER! *cough*

I'll be the first to admit GI Joe is primarily a bunch of white guys, and could use some more minorities. But to ignore already existing characters that are already a minority, really annoys me. Spirit? STALKER? Tunnel Rat? Hell, they said Larry Hama is already doing a cameo, why not as Tunnel Rat (since the figure and character's face was based on Larry Hama to begin with!)? I mean, Ripcord? Who even cares. Stalker is ten times cooler. Plus, Wayans? Lame.

2 quick points.

1. I'm black (and PROUD of it).

2. I agree with every single thing you said.

Last edited:
I really hope Wayans is a casualty in this movie.

The rumor was they had a problem with hero a named "Stalker". Just another case of PC thinking run rampant.

I doubt it; Ripcord's race is never specified in the script. He's not written as goofy comic relief, but he's not written like Stalker, either. They were looking at Topher Grace for the role, according to IESB, but they decided on Wayans.

I doubt it; Ripcord's race is never specified in the script. He's not written as goofy comic relief, but he's not written like Stalker, either. They were looking at Topher Grace for the role, according to IESB, but they decided on Wayans.

That's too bad. I'm not a big fan of him but, at least there would be less annoying humour.

I heard a rumor that Snake Eyes is supposed to be an abandoned French orphan raised by Ninjas along with Snake Eyes.

While that's not great, hopefully they'll work it so at the least Hard Master loans Snake Eyes to America to help kick start G.I. Joe.

God, how awful would it be if Snake Eyes was just French? :wow:

If not, well, there's always G.I. Joe Resolute... and I'm sure the movie will be fun to watch, it just won't be quite as cool as if they had done it really *right*.

Oh, and just to make this specifically clear. When I mentioned "why make a white guy a black guy when you already have black guys" and "what about Stalker"... just to make it perfectly clear, I would absolutely pitch a fit if Wayans played Stalker. Seriously.

I want:
1) No Wayans as Ripcord
2) No Wayans at all
3) No races to change if there is already a popular character of that race
4) No Wayans
5) I want a damn awesome black actor playing Stalker!

I'd get Brian J. White for Stalker.
dasdf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"