Planning A G.I. Joe Script...

cryptic name

No Limits
Reaction score
And I was wondering what kind of input you guys would have. i've got a very loose story written:

The story begins in the early nineties during Operation Desert Storm. We are introduced to First Sergeant Conrad Hauser (Duke) who is leading an elite commando squad consisting of Sergeant First Class Marvin Hinton (Roadblock), Chief Warrant Officer William Hardy (Wild Bill), Sergeant Lance Steinburg (Clutch), Sergeant First Class Charlie Iron Knife (Spirit), Sergeant First Class Alison Hart (Lady Jaye) and Captain Carl Greer (Doc), in a classified assault on Baghdad. The mission is successful, but there is a death that weighs heavily on team leader Duke.

Half a world away in the jungles of South America, an even more clandestine team wages a guerrilla-style war on Sandinista-eque rebels. This team consists of Snake Eyes (unmasked now, but real name unknown) his lover Master Sergeant Shannon O’Hara (Scarlet), Lonzo Wilkinson (Stalker) and Thomas Arashikage (Storm Shadow). We see the four infiltrate a secret runway where the rebels are being supplied by an unknown benefactor. During the sequence we not only get to see some kick ass ninja action from Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, but also get our first glimpses into the existence of Cobra. During their escape after sabotaging the operation, Snake Eyes saves Scarlet from an exploding helicopter window, but is horribly wounded in the process.

Shamed by his perceived failure and now deformed face, Snake Eyes follows Storm Shadow to Japan to, as Shadow puts it, “Learn the family business,” leaving Scarlet behind. She returns to the states with Stalker, the two become even closer.

Fifteen years later. Duke and Stalker are called to the Pentagon and briefed by Colonel Dashiel Flairborne (Flint) on a domestic terrorist organization known as Cobra. They are to assemble an elite anti-terrorism team to eliminate the threat of Cobra before they expand too far into international arenas. A team code-named G.I. Joe. This also when the Joes start using their own codenames, “Duke”, “Scarlet”, etc…
Duke and Stalker’s first order of business is to regroup Duke’s team from Desert Storm, except of course for the dead team member. Then other members are recruited, along with, due to a suggestion from Lady Jaye, Scarlet.

She’s conflicted because she believes the Joe’s only want her to lure a final member, Snake Eyes. We also learn that Cobra themselves wish to enlist Snake Eyes, whom they learned of from Storm Shadow, who is now Cobra Commander’s personal body guard.
There is a scene at Snake Eye’s cabin in the Sierra’s where the Joes and Cobra operatives arrive to enlist him. A battle ensues which ends with Snake Eyes confronting Storm Shadow deep in the forest. “We were brothers, how could you follow this path?” (this is before the incident that turns Snake Eyes mute). The fight ends in a stalemate, but Storm Shadow retreats after being scarred by Snake Eyes’ wolf, Timber. Snake Eyes allies himself with the Joes. He boards the helicopter and is stunned to see Scarlet.

From the movie kicks into high gear, lots of diverse action and espionage scenes as the Joes try to discover the true plot of Cobra. The complexity of Scarlet and Snake Eye’s relationship puts strain on other members of the team. Dukes anxiety of causing the deaths of team members causes him to second guess himself, and so on. At the climax, the Joes ambush a meeting between Cobra and arms dealer Despero and learn of Project Serpentor, Cobra’s Dr. Venom’s plan to create a genetically enhanced super soldier. In the heated battle, Snake Eyes is wounded once again while protecting Scarlet and is taken prisoner by Cobra.

Once at the Cobra headquarters, Snake Eyes is personally tortured by Cobra Commander. Storm Shadow watches with angst as his friend is brutalized, pleading with him while Commander is gone to divulge whatever information he has about the Joes. Cobra Commander returns and says that because Snake Eyes values his own silence, he must fully embrace it, and severs his vocal chords.

Finally, the Joes storm Cobra’s headquarters, and rescue Snake Eyes. There is one final battle, Snake Eyes once again faces Storm Shadow while the rest of the Joes face the newly created army of Serpentor Warriors. Cobra Commander and a few of his men escape to fight another day. Scarlet winds up saving Snake Eyes for once, and their romance is reborn. Most importantly, the Joes now know they can count on each other as a team. And knowing is half the battle.

basically i want to know what kinds of characters and sub plots you would reccomend for a Joe film. and yes, i do know that the plot is very basic and cliche, but i plan on vastly expanding on details and character development. you will also see some of cobra commander's back story, and snake eyes training in japan. so, what do you think? any advice or ideas are more than welcome.

I'm not really a G.I Joe fan so I don't think my advice would be helpful.

C-$ said:
I'm not really a G.I Joe fan so I don't think my advice would be helpful.

thanks anyway. im not a huge fan either, but i did love the old cartoon and i find the characters to be really rich and interesting. it also seems like a cool way to tell a really gritty, violent war story set in modern times. i also like the idea of commenting on the idea of a war on terror and that a major terrorist organization could rise from anywhere, even the good ol' usa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"