So, how would you Rate the movie's Story Plot?

SuperJediHero

Superhero
Reaction score
It may not have a great plot, but it does have one.

And, now think about it, I think it's pretty good, NOT that bad! What you think?

Here is the movie's plot in a little detail (Major SPOILERS) some minor details is omitted.

Basically, Autobots & Decepticons have war on Cybertron, and Decepticons is after the All Spark cube that will give them more power (Later in the movie it's explained that what this Allspark cube does is it can CONVERT any electronics into Decepticons) so Autobots don't want the Decepticons to have this cube.

The movies opens with Optimus Prime (?) VO explains that this All Spark cube flown to earth, and it's too late (Decepticons are already there)

Then, in a Military helicopter, they show a group of Soldiers socially around talking about Life, Beer, etc. (The main characters played by Tyrese(epps), Josh Duhamel(Lennox))

There is a good deal of Social Drama regarding Lennox's Wife and daughter

Decepticons begin their first attack. They send Blackout to assult the base ... most of the people are killed by Blackout, a group of solders (Include Epps & Duhamel) Their objective? Two. 1) Find the Allspark Cube 2)Free Megatron.

Someone hacked into their computers during the attack.
The Pentagon thought everyone died at the attack, and the only lead they have is the strange sound from the hack.

So, they recruited many analysts, hackers, include this young good-looking girl(Rachel Taylor) she noticed that sound is Alien, or very advanced Artificial Intelligence. She is unable to Identify what the sound information is, so she ask another hacker to help out (The hacker played by funny black man Anthony Anderson) lives in Grandma's basement.and plays a lot of video games.

Meanwhile, in a high school class, Sam (Shia Labeouf) is giving a presentation. It's about her uncle's great discovery (Unknown to him, his uncle's discovery is the KEY, which are Megatron and All sparks cube.) So Sam shows the items his Uncle used during the discovery, he is selling them on Ebay. So he can have money for Dates and a car!

Mikela (Megan Fox) is in the class too, the Most beautful girl Shia has a crush on.

Sam talked his way (What would Jesus do LOL) to get a A- for that presentation so his father would agree to buy him a car.

All this time, Bumblebee (Whose duty is the Scout) is already on earth, following Sam closely, silently.

At the car sales, funny salesman (Bernie Mac) tells sam funny stuff that you seen in the Trailers - "Driver don't pick his car. Car pick his driver"... As Bumblebee stealthy drives in.

Sam noticed Bumblebee and instantly liked the car (Bumblebee must know Sam's likes and dislike) and want to buy it. (Bernie) won't sell it for $4000, he want $5K, but Bumblebee blasts all the other car's glasses to force (Bernie) to sell (LOL)

Sam took Bumblebee out to the park, he sees Mikela, but Sam was humilated by Mikela's stud boyfriend.

The boyfriend is a jerk (Stereotype) and wouldn't let Mikela drive his car, so she left him.

Sams sees the oppertunity and asks to give her a ride. Actually, Bumblebee helps out playing Love songs (Marvin Gaye) and shuts off the car so those two can spend some time together... oh it's so funny.
Anyway, I guess it's a Random First date.

Around this time, the soldiers (Epps, Lennox and others) are attacked by Scorpnok. With some heavy bombing, Scorpnok is finally injured. I am not sure he is dead though. He got back into the sand I think.

Sam sure did not know Bumblee is a Transformer, so the first time Bumbleebee transformed it scared Sam to hell and Sam ran away from Bumblebee (Bumblee couldn't talk because his voice processor got damaged during the battle on Cybertron)

Meanwhile, who is hacking the Miltary computers? It's a little Decepticon called Frenzy. On Air Force One, Frenzy got more information and attacked some security and escaped. He changes into the little Boombox. The information reveals Sam's location.

Frenzy takes this information to the fake Police Decepticon Barricade.

As Sam ran away from Bumblebee, Sam saw Barricade and thought it's a Cop car.Barricade Transformed and scares Sam & demands to know where is Ebay item 'the glasses'' (BTW, the glasses tells the Location where All spark cube is.)

Sam runs away, and Barricade chases him. Bumbleebee fight Barricade. Sam now knows Bumblee means him no harm, he is protecting him instead. Somehow, Bumblebee defeats Barricade (But Barricade isn't dead) or Barricade escaped.

I think what Barricade's main objective was to let Frenzy do the big work, Frenzy turns into Cellphone

Oh yea, Sam bumps into Mikela there too. In the car, Sam witfully ask Mikela to sit on his lap, so she would have a seatbelt.

Mikela ask why Bumblee(Transformer) is such a bad car. Bumblee kicked out those two, and came back A NEW Camero.

As for why Bumblebee didn't choose a good-looking car to begin with, Well Duh, so Sam could afford it! Ok I guess at this point that seals the deal that made Mikela and Sam bond. So, yes. I think the Love plot and Sam's charactization is pretty good. Whatever critics say.

About this time, Optimus Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet also arrives on earth and tells Sam who they are and why they are here.
Sam agrees to give Optimus Prime the glasses in order save the World. There was some funny dialogs like "The boy (Sam) wants to mate with the girl (Mikela)"

But saving the world isn't gonna be easy, as Frenzy tags along as a cellphone in Mikela's purse. A decepticon is among them the Whole time.

At Pentagon, Soldiers report what really happened. And some guy from Sector 7 tells what the government don't really know - Sector Seven.

At home, Sam and Mikela searches for the glasses (With some Funny interventions) by are arrested by Sector 7 agents.

More characterization about Mikela's past - her dad stealing cars, etc.

At first, they were rescued by Autobots, but then more agents came. And they Hunt down Bumblebee as well. Since Autobots can not harm humans they let the Human win and took Bumblebee.

They were taken to Sector seven, RIGHT where the Cube and Megatron is hidden at. For Decepticons, Frenzy is there to Alert other Decepticons

At this point, the Human heros (Sam & Mikela), the hackers, and the Soldiers unite.

The Decepticons (Starscream, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Blackout, Brawl/Devastator) rescues Megatron and attacks.

The Grand Finale Battle is SO HUGE, EXPLOSIVE, It is Jaw-droppingly AWESOME! It is a WarZone.

Andway, action scenes don't really have much plot, but it's Crazy I don't even know for sure who is who.

Optimus prime killed Bonecrusher
Optimus prime fought Megatron round 1
Frenzy is killed by The Hackers group
Megatron Rips Jazz apart! (Ouch!)
Brawl/Devastator Fires on Ironhide?
Ratchet took out Brawl/Devastator?
Starscream hurt Bumblebeee's legs and Bumblebee gives Sam the cube.
Sam runs while Megatron pursuits him
Mikela and Bumblebee took out ?
On rooftop, Megatron attacked Sam, and Sam is rescued by OP
OP and Megatron fight round 2
Blackout tries to help Megatron,but Lennox grenades him.
Starscream took out the rest of Military Jets and Escaped

Sam used the cube to defeat Megatron and OP owes Sam his Thanks.

Seemingly dead Megatron is dropped into Deep ocean. (But I think he is still alive or something)

Ratchet fixed Bumblebee's voice, so Bumbleebee can speak now and wishes to stay and continue to protect Sam

Sam and Mikela make love on top of Bumblee, and OP makes a Speech about protecting human and send out alerts to other Autobots outthere they are on earth.... The End.

So How would you rate this movie's Story/Plot?

5. They could have made it a lot better. A lot. Before i saw the movie I just could not fathom why they had so much stupidity in the plot. But what the hell, I loved the movie and this is not a movie one nitpicks.

It gets the job done, but yeah it needed some more time in the oven to be fully cooked.

Definitely a 7 1/2.

I love how it intertwines earth history with the allspark. What's really missing is more information about the transformers, all of them. Bay did an admirable job juggling the billions of characters, but if sacraficing the taco bell dog, the indian call center guy would have helped to flesh out star scream or something, I'd have welcomed it.

I think Sam and Mikela's with Bumblebee Love Plot is pretty good. It's believable all the way!

If Michael Bay/Hollywood want all Movies to GOT to have a Love story, this one NOT really that bad at all!

Autobots - The Autobots does have moments, but It could been longer, but good enough for this movie.

Government/Soldier/Hackers/other human - Although I prefer they took out the Dumb Credit Card scene and Replace it with a Background on Epps (Tyrese)'s characterization. They did do it for Lennox. While brief (Wife & kids) it's kinda touching. Overall it's Alright I suppose. It's Enough. The movie is about Transformers or at least a Love story, don't need too much Human all at once. Some of the bad humors that don't contribute too much to the story should been cut, for real.

Decepticon's characterization is pretty Weak IMO. They def. should have MORE dialogs and Insults/Jokes that's better than those Dumb Human jokes. And not just sending out Frenzy to hack computers for the Most part! They should communicate to each other thruout the movie!!!

Hmmm, after some thinking, I think it's like a 6.5 So I will give it a Generous 7 because the poll doesn't have half points.

The movie's plot is basically separated into 3 sub-plots: Love story, Military/Hackers, and the Transformers

Love story is Good enough, IMO. Shia acting pretty good and who cares Megan isn't, but she really isn't that bad to make it work.

The scene that Sam demand Mikela's criminal records to be deleted is something that show he really care for her or want her that bad!

So I won't really deduct here.

Some poor silly moments in Soldiers/hackers is not great but fine! Decepticons poor characterization is what hurt the most here.

the action and shia help the plot move along fairly well, this is one movie that NEVER dragged for me, and thats very important IMO when all the other blockbusters dragged on several occassions during them

The plot was o/k. The soldiers, Sam, DOD and the cube plot was all that was needed but the hackers plot just a complete waste.

I thought the plot was alright. They could of done better delivering it. It came out a little more cheesy than I would've liked. Hopfully, they can improve on it in the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"