So, I'm thinking of getting a Wii...

batnkevlar

Superhero
Reaction score
And I was wondering, what equip and games should I get? But first, what equip do i HAVE to get?

i was thinking a Wii with four controllers, then get Mario Galaxy, mario Party 8, metroid Prime, and maybe Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games... Man, I just can't wait til Brawl comes out...

and more equip I should get?

make sure you get nunchucks for all the remotes...and a gamecube controller couldnt hurt, just in case you ever want to play any virtual console or gamecube games...and Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles are both winners too, and I've heard good things about Sonic and the Secret Rings :o

make sure you get nunchucks for all the remotes...and a gamecube controller couldnt hurt, just in case you ever want to play any virtual console or gamecube games...and Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles are both winners too, and I've heard good things about Sonic and the Secret Rings :o

Where did you hear those good things about Sonic and the Secret Rings? :huh:

The game in fact is Sonic's best outing since he was last on the DC. But, by all means...I didn't find it that great a game. The levels are too repetitive, and the whole style of the game put me off.
Going through 6-7 times throughout one level just to reach the next? That was all right when I did to gain Emblems in SA2, but not to progress further into the game.

What are the default controllers? The ones with the nunchucks or without?

Oh, and do I need to spend for extra things, like the controller chargers?

The default controllers are the wii-motes themselves. The nunchucks are purchased seperatly and so are the classic controllers. The chargers are (again) extra also. So its going to be a bundle to buy enough for the 4 wii-motes as the charger only holds 2 wii-motes and come with 2 battery packs for them.

Just walk away.

I don't think you could handle this kind of commitment.

If you're planning on having 4 remotes, buy Wii Play. It's another mini-game kind of game like Wii Sports and it comes with a remote packed right in the box.

be sure you can find it....anyone know where you can get one?

I want to get it but everywhere seems sold out....except Ebay....:rolleyes:

Buy all this to start:

1 Wii (includes 1 Wiimote and Nunchuk)
1 Wiimote
Super Mario Galaxy

It's a pretty costly commitment with all the stuff you want. If you will not be playing with 4 people often from the get-go, don't buy all the extra Wiimotes and MP8. You could probably also hold off on buying the batteries for a few weeks since they all come with a free pair of AA batteries. I'd also suggest getting either SMG or MP3, not both at once. If you stick with just what I suggested, it will cost $339.97.

Some other details...
MP8 uses the Wiimote only. SMG has a co-op but player 2 only uses the Wiimote. MP3 is single player. Therefore it's a waste of $60 to buy Nunchuks for the 3 other Wiimotes you get.

As for batteries, just get an Energizer or Duracell charger and 8 AA batteries (get the same brand as the charger just to be safe). It's probably more cost effective, better quality, and definitely more versatile (might need those batteries for something else). Don't waste the money on those chargers made by 3rd party companies. They probably suck and are most costly.

If you really want to buy everything you want to begin with which is:
1 Wii (includes 1 Wiimote and Nunchuk)
3 Wiimotes
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Battery charger
8 rechargeable AA batteries

It will cost $559.90.

Damn. I cant remember how much mine came out to when I first bought mine. I had the system, three games [one of them the Wii Play], an extra nunchuk for the Wii Play remote and a charge station.

I would say start off small, unless you're for sure you're gonna have friends over most of the time to play the four player games and things of that nature.

get zelda it is amazing!
also mario and sonic at olympics is awesome for multiplayer fun and games

Games:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
4. Resident Evil 4 (if you don't have it on Gamecube)
5. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Also I can recommend for party play (besides Wii Sports) the game Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. I also hear that Umbrella Chronicles is quite good, albeit I have not played it yet.

Well, I'm planning (not set) on getting:

1) Mario Galaxy
2) Metroid Prime
3) Mario Party 8
4) Mario/Sonic at the Olympc Games

I'm not really into Zelda to tell you the truth... I might get it later though...

as for the wiimote, I went to the video game store the other day and played SMG and i used two controllers... in my right, I had the rectangular one, where i press A to jump, and to move on the game modes, like the stingray thing... in my left, was this dinky trigger remote, for moving and crouching and stuff... is that the nunchuck or the wiimote?

Well I bought a Wii.....finally found one that came in a shipment that very minute....Also bought Wii Play, and an extra nunchuck...

I will have to get a charger and rechargeable batteries....so this could be of any kind?

Should I get Mario Party or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics? Which one has the most fun?

Well I bought a Wii.....finally found one that came in a shipment that very minute....Also bought Wii Play, and an extra nunchuck...

I will have to get a charger and rechargeable batteries....so this could be of any kind?

Should I get Mario Party or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics? Which one has the most fun?

There is a charger currently out that can comes with two rechargable batteries and will charge two Wiimotes at the same time. It's third party I believe but works perfectly.

As for which game to get, not sure. Both of those games are fun but I would say get Mario & Sonic at the Olympics since it has longer replay value.

Cool thanks, I was leaning towards that game anyway...:up:

So you have to charge the batteries and the Wiimote.....frig....(it's a Christmas present so I haven't opened it up)

BTW the rep I bought the Wii from was pushing this extended warranty on me that would give me three years of coverage for $69.95...is it worth it or is it just a scam......it provides power surge protection, parts, labour, and accessory coverage with a performance and replacement guarantee....

Does the system ever run into problems?

It's totally worth it. I got the same warranty and since I bought my Wii I've had to replace a wiimote 3 times. As they go for $50 each usually, its saved me alot so far and I havent had it a year. You can also cheat and buy a wiimote from somewhere else and if it breaks invoke the warranty to replace it, as it only covers what was in the Wii box when you bought it. Wii, Wii sports, Wii-mote, nunchuck and whatever else was in that box.

Also the Wii-motes can break fairly easily sometimes (dropping them, clicking them together by accident, tossing them to another person :D) so its good to have the warranty :p I'm a bit careless as I have 3 wii of them, one for me one for my roommate and one for anyone else that comes over. Most of my friends have Wii's too so they just bring over thiers Sync them up and we start playing.

You're better getting just a Duracell or Energizer battery charger and those brand of batteries. The 3rd party chargers aren't reliable and you can use the battery charger to charge other batteries. Remember you get what you pay for.

If you register your Wii on Nintendo.com you get an extra 90 days warranty. My 3 remotes are working fine and they've never been damaged or broken even after a few close calls in Wii Sports.

Cool thanks, I was leaning towards that game anyway...:up:

So you have to charge the batteries and the Wiimote.....frig....(it's a Christmas present so I haven't opened it up)

BTW the rep I bought the Wii from was pushing this extended warranty on me that would give me three years of coverage for $69.95...is it worth it or is it just a scam......it provides power surge protection, parts, labour, and accessory coverage with a performance and replacement guarantee....

Does the system ever run into problems?

I've never bought the extended warranty on any of the systems I've had and never had any problems and some of those systems made it through years in a fraternity house. If you've never had a probelm before you probably won't have a problem with the Wii, it's just as tough as the other systems out there (and doesn't have the potential for the Red Ring of Death, but that's covered by Microsoft for free anyway). Those stores just push the warranty 'cause it's easy money, most times it's just the cost of the paper it's printed on, everything else is profit.

****... where can I get a wii for christmas? It'll be a real christmas miracle if i get one...

http://blog.mlive.com/manzero/2007/12/get_a_wii_this_weekend_or_get.html

Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime wants you to get a Wii. And while he can't guarantee you'll have one under your tree some Christmas, he has a plan to get you one soon. Maybe.

In a conference call this morning, Reggie told IGN that retailers will be getting large stock of Wiis this Sunday morning. And if you can't get one of those, you can get a raincheck.

This means that people who need Wiis ccan go to GameStop on Dec. 20 or 21, pay for the system and pick it up in January. Reggie says "many tens of thousands" will be available.

Based on these recent revelations, Man Zero has come up with two sure-fire ways to score a last-minute Wii.
Method One: The Campout:

1. Go to your favorite big-box retailer (Best Buy and Toys R Us are good bets) and talk to the manager in the video game department. Make sure they expect a shipment of Wiis on Sunday. If so, ask what time the manager recommends showing up to get in line. If not, go to another store.
2. Once you have found a store where the odds are good, get some cold-weather gear to keep warm. Heavy coats, hats, gloves and long underwear are a must, and I recommend some of those hand and foot warmers, too.
3. Find a camping buddy. You'll need somebody to hold your spot in line if you need to take a bathroom break or make a hot chocolate run.
4. Regardless of what the manager told you, get to the store at midnight Saturday night. It's best to come early and guarantee a Wii.
5. Do your best to entertain yourself, and try to enjoy meeting fellow Wii warriors as you freeze for eight hours. Make sure the people around you know who you are, and they'll look out for you at voucher time.
6. Get a voucher when the store begins handing them out.
7. Purchase Wii. Go home. Get warm. Sleep.

Total time in the cold: 8 hours, but you come home with Wii in hand.
Method Two: The Raincheck:

1. Go to a GameStop or EB Games store on Thursday, Dec. 20 at 7 a.m. You could go earlier if you were super hardcore, but the super hardcore should just go with Method One anyway.
2. Put on a normal amount of cold-weather gear. You live in Michigan, so gathering this stuff shouldn't be a problem.
3. Wait in line until the store opens. You won't be the first person in line, but you should be fine
4. Pay $249.99 for a Wii raincheck. Put it a big box, wrap it and give it to your kid.
5. Sometime in mid-January, head back to GameStop and pick up your Wii.

Total time in the cold: 2 hours, but you have to wait a few weeks to get your Wii.

While these methods likely are your two best bets, there are a handful of other ways people are trying to score Wiis.

A coworker signed up for text alerts on a site called Wii Alerts. He swears up and down that he'll score a coveted Wii from Amazon, but I have a feeling he'll come up disappointed.

Many online Wii trackers were built last year and no longer work.

Man Zero reader whatsu posted this ingenious way he scored a Wii:

You will never believe how easy it was for me to get a Wii. Walmart advertised it in their ad.... it did not say it was excluded from rainchecks, so I asked for one. Next time the shipment came in they called me. All I had to do was go pay and pick it up. It was too easy and wonder why no one else has ever thought of it. No waiting in lines, no wondering if I will get one for my kids.

Have a Merry Christmas and I pray for the Customer Service Desk Employees when everyone reads this!

But unless you have a particularly benevolent or gullible Wal-Mart employee, they'll probably tell you rainchecks aren't available for Wii consoles. Still, it couldn't hurt to try.

If you have any Wii-finding tips — or if you want to organize a midnight campout — post your comments below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"