The Gifted So what's going to happen with this show after the deal?

They'll definitely finish this season. After that I suppose it depends on when exactly the deal will be finished and approved by the government and all the paperwork will be done. FOX won't simply stop making stuff until Disney takes over. And then it depends on whether X-Men properties will immediately be incorporated into the MCU. I could see Marvel holding of on actually introducing the X-Men and such for a short while.

I'm expecting there to be a second season. The season will be over in January, and with the ratings it has I don't imagine that the deal would clear before Fox announces a renewal. The Orville didn't really do that much better, and it was renewed mid-season.

Beyond the second season, it depends on how the second season ratings go, how quickly Fox is going to want to dump its scripted programming, how Disney (or Marvel TV) feels about having a non-MCU show, and (if Fox dumps it but Disney's willing to keep making it) whether Disney would want to move it to their streaming site. So basically too many factors to say right now.

remaining 3 episodes will air.there is very good chance for season 2 with it will
take till 2019 for sale to be approved.but after this it's byebye to the gifted.

this show is very much in style to original trilogy.it is stand alone contunity from
both X-MenCU and MCU.Loeb doesnt have to tolerate this anymore with f20centuryfox gone and he can show donner door just like feige with in films.

I hope the deal does not impact the show at all, and we get at least 3 more seasons!!

I doubt Disney even cares about it. As long as it makes money for Fox TV, it would continue. Just like the Netflix/ABC shows, the films would just ignore it.

There's a second season of Legion coming, so I'd expect another season of the Gifted. I really enjoyed it!

If Fox is putting out some great X-Men shoes, I can't wait to see what Dark Phoenix is like. that trailer needs to drop soon! As well as some acting by Channing Tatum as Gambit. Where's his unauthorized teaser?

The show is already co-produced by Marvel anyway. I don't see why it wouldn't continue with the same showrunners and be entirely produced by Marvel.

The show is already co-produced by Marvel anyway. I don't see why it wouldn't continue with the same showrunners and be entirely produced by Marvel.

Because Disney is advertising it's all connected. They would have to back pedal and say all of it except that one TV show on FOX. We are not ready for the X-Men to have been in the past and missing our movies

Because Disney is advertising it's all connected. They would have to back pedal and say all of it except that one TV show on FOX. We are not ready for the X-Men to have been in the past and missing our movies

Jeph Loeb has been advertising that, and even then, he's slowed that down a lot as of recent. Plus, wouldn't just be The Gifted. There's Legion as well. But I expect that these shows would just continue as is.

Jeph Loeb has been advertising that, and even then, he's slowed that down a lot as of recent. Plus, wouldn't just be The Gifted. There's Legion as well. But I expect that these shows would just continue as is.

It may have slowed but we still don't have the equivalent of a Supergirl cousin Superman and a Justice League Superman out right now on the Disney/Marvel productions.

On The Gifted they keep name dropping the X-Men and that has the possibility of directly contradicting any preliminary X-Men movie ideals.

Wait, it wouldn't be more backpedaling to cancel a program they're already producing?

I mean...it wouldn't be one. Legion as well, which is also their show. They could just continue them on their own if they want.

I mean there is no reason they can't continue the show if they want. Marvel Studios already co-produces it. Gifted is already operating independent of the Fox movies. Why do they have to bury it at all?

If it's making money, they can keep doing the show.

Given the way the ratings dropped during season I expect season 2 will be the last season anyway and it will be cancelled for ratings. Same with Legion thought that may hang on longer because its a critical darling.

Except the two-part finale's ratings were the highest the show had been since its third episode instead of going lower, but I guess that translates to ratings drop like most shows.

If the ratings were low, why did they move it to Tuesday nights on a prime time schedule to compete with the Arrowverse DC CW shows whom are doing worse material than Fox? To me it doesn't make sense. If anything, the ratings are fine, the hype is huge, the feedback is doing very well. At least it doesn't have the names Greg Berlanti or Mark Pedowitz attached to it. They should be alright. So should Legion.

Last edited:
I mean there is no reason they can't continue the show if they want. Marvel Studios already co-produces it. Gifted is already operating independent of the Fox movies. Why do they have to bury it at all?

If it's making money, they can keep doing the show.

Bob Iger specifically said that everything will fall under one roof. This must include this.

Yeah they can either integrate it or shelve it. Technically they can have it under the Disney banner and say it's an alternate universe or whatever deal.

Under one roof doesn't necessarily mean one continuity, though.

This show's addictive enough and fans seem to actually like it, as far as writing and cast go.
The GIfted is also the best place to give fans new characters like Marrow, Helion and Northstar, etc. that would otherwise be mere cameos or not even featured in the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"