So when's Marvel going to get a live show on TV?

I think a Punisher series with short, 13-episode seasons could work. But instead of making it episodic where he travels to different locales each week, each season would revolve around his personal war against a particular criminal organization, working his way up to the head.

X-factor Tv show set in the X-men movie universe could work flawlessly. Just establish Mutant town as the "mutant ghetto" and put in some references to the X-men, the Brotherhood and stuff. A detective show, where most of the population has mutant powers. Awesome. Hell let Mardox to be played by Nicholad Brendon from Buffy. He has an identical twin who's an actor - cheapest special effect for a cool mutant power.

I think Ghost Rider might work as a series. I would use the 2nd version of Ghost Rider; I think his name was Dan Ketch. He could be traveling the world trying to fine a way out of his curse. Kind of like the Hulk TV show but instead of science it would deal more with supernatural elements. .
Too expensive.

I could see a Punisher show working, or maybe Daredevil with parkour/free running instead of SFX. With Heroes on the air and doing well, there isn't room for any other sort of "Superhero Ensemble show".

gravity, seeing as marvel comics won't give us an ongoing marvel entertainment could give us a show!

wishful thinking though

Yea alot of marvel's characters with superpowers would be a little hard on a tv show budget unless the show was getting the money like lost or heroes gets for budgets. the more street lvl heroes would be much easier to pull off. I do agree spike was silly to drop blade so soon, it wasnt the greatest but i thought it was overall a decent tv show take on the character. As for other characters i did read like 2/3 yrs ago a moonknight show was in the works but nothing ever paned out with it.

Success breeds opportunity and in this case, Marvel has A LOT of opportunity to proceed in the coming years. I think Marvel studios needs to push for a small screen project to begin, and start to get some minor characters their due. I posted a comment about Moon Knight on the Marvel Films forum, because I think it would make a much better TV series then a big budget flick.

There are of course lots of interesting characters out in the Marvel Universe to take to the small screen, and DC and WB were smart and refreshing with Smallville, so it can be done. With the slew of bad reality shows and the infinite amount of CSI spin-offs, TV is crying for a well written, well thought-out story with grit and action. Moon Knight is a good candidate, because the SFx wouldn’t break the bank to get his abilities fleshed out, but what’s REALLY going to sell this or any other character is really smart and creative writing.

I think 2010 can be an absolutely HUGE year for Marvel if they get some initiative and start pushing some ideas out there. The key is for Marvel to develop and maintain production rights, and work the finances in house or through investment vehicles, but please, no Mutant X efforts…bad scripts, bad characters, bad acting, bad plot devices, bad action, bad all around!

*edit, oooops, thanks for moving it ***

at the message boards of The Java Hut site, tv screenwriter Jon Cooksey replied to a fan concerning the "Reboot" movie and he mentioned that among the 3 series he is developing right now, one of them is Moon Knight.

http://www.rbcorner.com/cgi-bin/ebla...75/s-new/#num5

That sounds animated, not live action. I could be wrong, but thats the impression I got from reading his email and from the other stuff he's working on.

The best sounding show to me so far is a Punisher one. I think that has the potenial to be great. Moonknight.. I just think people don't care about him enough. "Who's this Batman knockoff?" Hell, even I don't buy his comic. Sure the show could make him famous, ala Iron Man, but I always felt IM could be great if given the chance -- I don't feel the same about MK.

That sounds animated, not live action. I could be wrong, but thats the impression I got from reading his email and from the other stuff he's working on.

The best sounding show to me so far is a Punisher one. I think that has the potenial to be great. Moonknight.. I just think people don't care about him enough. "Who's this Batman knockoff?" Hell, even I don't buy his comic. Sure the show could make him famous, ala Iron Man, but I always felt IM could be great if given the chance -- I don't feel the same about MK.

Well, the comic is doing quite well right now. I think an animated show ala Spawn based on the current comics run could work.

Daredevil, Punisher and some others should be fairly easy to do.

There was a live action show, I think on CBS maybe [?] about a blind lawyer by day/superhero type by night. Clearly a rip off Daredevil, but it was not called Daredevil.

Punisher could MAYBE work for a show, but yeah I think it would definitely have to be on HBO or some such.

other than that, I think a Heroes for Hire show is a phenomenal idea. Luke Cage and Iron Fist wouldn't require too much budget and the whole premise of Heroes for Hire can basically write shows for itself. I think that's a wonderful idea.

There was a live action show, I think on CBS maybe [?] about a blind lawyer by day/superhero type by night. Clearly a rip off Daredevil, but it was not called Daredevil.

that was the ABC show blind justice

blind justice, Heard he wasn't aa lawyer by day/ superhero at night, he was just blind cop, he did look like he could play daredevil though.

I liked Blind justice even though it got cancelled after like 13 episodes. And nMoon Knight would be an awesome choice for a live action show.

Marvel should create new silly stuff for TV
Like their “impossible man”
Or something new like
Cannibal cows from hell vs vampire macaques from *****e bag town
etc..etc

Punisher would work...if it was on HBO or Showtime

At a Moon Knight site in the message board, tv screenwriter Jon Cooksey(The Collector) responded to a fan regarding the Moon Knight tv series he's working on:

http://members3.boardhost.com/Archie...214511763.html

"Sorry for the delayed response – I’ve been buried and I also had to check with Marvel to see what the secrecy level is about the series, and (not surprisingly) it’s high (same as the movies), partly because the series is still in development, and partly because we want to protect all the surprises! So all I can tell you at this point is that I was brought on last year to write a pilot and bible, and develop some additional scripts with a few other writers, one of whom is a lifelong Moon Knight fanatic (I grew up a comic book fan too, but didn’t discover MK till later). We’ve all had a great time working on the scripts, and I love the storylines we’ve worked out for the episodes and the series as a whole. More than that I can’t say without starting to give stuff away!

MK fans in the US won’t know the last series I did, “The Collector”, at least until it sells down there (hopefully this year or next), though you’ve found the site. MK would be done with the same production team, and JB Sugar and I are tentatively planning to head down to LA in August to work with Marvel on selling the series for US broadcast.

So much more I’d like to talk about but it will have to wait till later stages. Thanks for writing, and keep in touch!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"