So when's Marvel going to get a live show on TV?

I think X-Men and SpiderMan both could be great as shows. MAke em like the 90s cartoon with kickass cameos all throughout it could really be awesome. Also Daredevil could be really good

I think X-Men and SpiderMan both could be great as shows. MAke em like the 90s cartoon with kickass cameos all throughout it could really be awesome. Also Daredevil could be really good

well, there already was an x-men esque show a few years ago on tv. it was lame tho. it called something like X Gen. or something. it was like a ripoff of X-Men.

It's called "Heroes".

:p

Wasn't there supposed to be an Alias show (under a different name or something) and a Skrull Kill Krew show? What happened to these? Did Blade kill these shows chances?
I don't know what happened to them, but I remember rumors that the Alias show was going to be called Alter Ego.

If they create a coherent Marvel Universe in the movies (SHIELD, avengers, mutants, supertech, gods, Latveria etc.) they can set many shows there. Like the Star Wars or Star Trek universes.

But Star Wars has yet to have a good TV series (Clone Wars was an irregular maxi-series that ran 5 minutes at a time), and only about half of Star Trek's movies are watchable.

A live action X-Men show, starting with the early days with the original 5, made by Marvel Studios would be ownage. Angel's flight could be done cleverly and sparingly, like it was on Heroes, to keep the budget down.

I also would have enjoyed a live action Runaways show... especially if they got young actors, but kept the maturity level of the series. That'd be hot.

I'd settle for one of the Marvel Knights shows... but I'm never been a big fan of those guys... it'd have to be a really good show to get me into it.

I dunno... I think an X-Men based TV series done a la The O.C. or Buffy might have the potential to work. Basically, rather than making it about superheroes who happen to be teens, they should be teens who happen to be superheroes, accenting the social issues they have to endure due to their being different, plus have the enemies they face be a metaphor for growing up.

I think Power Man and Iron Fist would be perfect for a television series. Neither superhero has an expensive superpower, it would feature alot of martial arts, some gunplay, as well as provide it's own spin-off The Daughters Of The Dragon. The series of course should be set in the 1970's when the comic originated.

Personally...I think S.H.I.E.L.D. The series would be fantastic. It would allow them to bring in guest appearances of all sorts of heroes and villains from across the board.

That would be a pretty easy show to develop, too. TV audiences love spy shows.

wikipidia says it doesn't have a mutant x[tv show ] article

GhostPoet, I agree a Nick Fury Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. series would work...but not how Marvel screwed up what was supposed to be 5 Nick Fury Telefilms starring David Hasselhoff. While Hasselhoff was fine the filmmakers forgot to include the good elements of Jim Steranko's Nick Fury. I mean Baron Von Strucker was 75 and would have gone down too easily to fight Fury as he did in the 70's era comics. Viper also was not his daughter in the comics, and if anything the villains should have worn garb similar to the earlier comics. They also messed up Dum Dum Dugan entirely, he was not an administrator, he was an agent like Fury. Also the use of the ESP agents was also not necessary. If a Nick Fury series were attempted again, they should include Nick Fury,Gabe Jones, Countessa Allegro De Fontaine, Dum Dum Dugan and other younger agents aginst HYDRA led by Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, and A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics) which also would include MODOK and Scorpio Fury's younger brother.

It would be great if they could make an X Factor t.v series but of course it would run over budget.

xfactor23pg00.jpg

Well, it depends on how frequently they use their powers and which characters (and thus which powers) are featured. Heroes has proven that displaying superpowers can be done on a television budget.

Yeah, if they cut Rahne, took away Monet and Siryn's flight, and just made Guido a really big guy instead of an inhumanly big guy, I could see X-Factor working fine as a TV series. All you're left with after that is a guy who can duplicate (probably the most expensive power to show on TV, but he doesn't use it a lot even in the comic), a super-strong guy (easy), a super-strong/telepathic girl (easy), a girl with a sonic scream (easy), a girl whose entire power is to "know stuff" (super-easy), and a normal dude who used to have powers. And, if they want to throw Pietro in, a crazy ex-hero with super-speed and/or time manipulation powers; neither would cost much, I don't think, since Heroes is going to have characters with each of those powers alongside a ton of other powered characters next season.

I would love to see a TV show about a Young Xavier and Magneto as they started the School for gifted kids. Have them build Cerebro and find mutants and help them each week. In the comics you found out Xavier meet up with Essex aka Sinister in college and was in the army and was working with the government. You could do episodes where the government hires him to solve some crimes using his power. Deal with the early days of mutantism. See his early relationship with Miora and his encounter travelling the world, meeting Sage and causing his injuries making him cripple.

There's a ton of stories before he even formed the X-men that could fit at least 4 or five seasons. It could be like Smallville...only not crappy like that show.

Called it XAVIER.

Daredevil would be such a awesome show. Have him be a lawyer by day and superhero by night. It's like Law and Order meets Batman. With the movie franchise all but dead I think thats the only way to go

I think Ghost Rider might work as a series. I would use the 2nd version of Ghost Rider; I think his name was Dan Ketch. He could be traveling the world trying to fine a way out of his curse. Kind of like the Hulk TV show but instead of science it would deal more with supernatural elements. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"