so...where is 6th season heading?

barnface

Civilian
Reaction score
I have watched smallville religiously since the starting time and each season I can tell what they're building up for. Like last season was easily Zod and his "return"

season 4 was the FOS

but where the hell is season 6 heading?

The only thing I can think of is....actually accepting his destiny...not just talking about doing it or maybe something with the JLA..IDN

Don't you know, it's heading toward a Lexana baby. :cmad:

Seriously, Clark in the finally will probably recieve the full training of Jor-El or something like that.

Or not...who knows...maybe the official formation of Lexcorp.

If anything though, I think Lionel's days are numbered this season.

barnface said:
I have watched smallville religiously since the starting time and each season I can tell what they're building up for. Like last season was easily Zod and his "return"

season 4 was the FOS

but where the hell is season 6 heading?

The only thing I can think of is....actually accepting his destiny...not just talking about doing it or maybe something with the JLA..IDN

As far as Clark goes, I think he's headed for the FOS to finish his training with Jor-el. Whether he actually gets there, is another thing.

Lex and Lana will have a fall out, pushing Lex to the dark side for good.

Anymore than that, I have no idea.

Well, those are all good suggestions but to be dead honest and I'm sure alot of people feel the same way...who cares about lana and her pregnancy...I am SO sick of lana and all her story plots.

As for Lex finally just making the final turn...well its about time..Waited 6 years for that

Clark finishing the training...he better be putting it to some freaking HUGE battle to delay training for so long...maybe fight a certain supposed guest star with the initials BR? :cwink:

Sorry guys, dont kill me..but smallville is really losing its touch and feel in my eyes. Its just too repetitive and they really need to freshen this season up to me. Whats the main story line? seems to me the GA is more important that Clark

season 6 is heading towards clarks training into becoming superman

barnface said:
Well, those are all good suggestions but to be dead honest and I'm sure alot of people feel the same way...who cares about lana and her pregnancy...I am SO sick of lana and all her story plots.

As for Lex finally just making the final turn...well its about time..Waited 6 years for that

Clark finishing the training...he better be putting it to some freaking HUGE battle to delay training for so long...maybe fight a certain supposed guest star with the initials BR? :cwink:

Sorry guys, dont kill me..but smallville is really losing its touch and feel in my eyes. Its just too repetitive and they really need to freshen this season up to me. Whats the main story line? seems to me the GA is more important that Clark

Sorry to hear you have not enjoyed the show recently. I feel that since season five the show has been on a major uphill and this season, with few exceptions, has been nothing less than steller.

I'll say this...season 5 rocked hard man. It was amazing. Its just this season seems like theres not much of a story besides the phantom zone criminals and that hasn't been too impressive. The episode Zod was awesome though. Maybe I just set my standards to high, only to be let down. But with episodes like Wither, or Subterranean (baaaad in my opinion) I just get let down. The others were alright. Rage was really good.
This season seems to more of a focus on Lana and Lex. Sorry lana fans but...I hate her...alot haha

yeah, it has been uphill but, i have to admit lana is really annoying me now. How thick can she be? She can't tell that clark has powers. six years. and she can't tell that lex is evil. it's staring her right in the face.

i'll tell you where this season is going:

toilet-about.jpg

(straight down the pooper, for the slow people here)

let's just say that what i do in the bathroom is better than what SV's writers have come up with for Season 6

what a number 1.... or a number 2...

or a number 3

Alright boys... settle down. Let's keep it insightful.

Objective viewpoints on the issue, excluding unnecessary stabs at the show will be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Alright boys... settle down. Let's keep it insightful.

Objective viewpoints on the issue, excluding unnecessary stabs at the show will be appreciated greatly. Thanks.
unnecessary? have you WATCHED this season?

Brainiac 8 said:
Sorry to hear you have not enjoyed the show recently. I feel that since season five the show has been on a major uphill and this season, with few exceptions, has been nothing less than steller.

I agree, Brainy.

:up:

With a few exceptions (wither and static) the episodes this year have been better than last year at this same time. If they keep that up, this season will be the best yet.

The Lana haters may not like the way her arc has been emphasized so far this season, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. DeKnight said her arc is terrific. I think that's arguable so far, but maybe something really good is going to come out from all this badness.

As for Clark's story arc. it has been excellent so far and from what DeKnight and a few others had hinted at, his arc post Justice will see some major changes.

I think it's just building to that, whatever it is... I can't wait to see what's up next for him. Most of the upcoming episodes all seem to be more Clark centric, with the exception of possibly Hydro but Tom directed that one.

So this Clark fan is very happy with the season so far. I just wish Static hadn't happened... :mad:

I think Season 6 has been good, but in all honesty, there's been very little "major movements". The drama and tension just isn't there like it was through the first 9 of Season 5, for me. Let's look at it deeper:

Arrival << Zod (really this is close, but the climatic feel to "Zod" wins it)

Mortal >> Sneeze (no real contest, "Mortal" was just a well constructed episode from beginning to end, while "Sneeze" was just kinda blah)

Hidden >>>>> Wither (doesn't need to be commmented on)

Aqua <<< Arrow (see above comment)

Thirst << Reunion (I personally think "Thirst" is a passable episode, and not an utter bomb like some, but "Reunion" was the most suprisingly good episode of 6)

Exposed <> Fallout (personally, "Fallout" was solid, but could've benefitted from a better actor than Bow Wow, while "Exposed" was a fun Lois and Clark kinda episode)

Splinter >> Rage (I think "Rage" is a bit underrated, but "Splinter" had paranoid Clark so it wins)

Solitude >>>> Static (no comment needed)

Lexmas >>>> Subterranean ("Subterranean" was borderline a waste of 60 minutes, with some decent moments; "Lexmas" was a joy)

You make good points, but I believe season 5 faded some after this point in the season, while Season 6 is looking like it will be keeping up some good momentum.

This image is a graph (Okay, I'm a geek and I was curious how they lined up) based on my review scores of the last three seasons...

reviewspreadsheetrb9.gif

Red is Season 4, Blue is Season 5, and yellow is 6.

Yeah. Splinter, Solitude and Lexmas do beat out Rage, Static and Subterranean but I have a feeling that Hydro will do better than Lockdown and there no way is Justice going to do worse than Fanatic.

But keep in mind that after this point in the season last year, we still had Tomb, Lockdown, Fanatic, Hypnotic and Fade yet to come...

I think there's a good chance that Season 6 will do better than 5 overall.

As far as my reviews go so far, it has done so already on average. If I change the score I gave Aqua to what it deserved on the whole (I graded Aqua on a major curve and gave it a 4 because of Fine's terrific introduction, it really shoulda gotten a 1 or 2) 6 comes out on top.

Even if I didn't do that, they are pretty close up to this point, 4.1 vs 4 overall for Season 6.

That's excellent Triplet. Any chance you could change that to a bar graph. :cwink:

I'm a little confused, you're comparing Hydro with Lockdown and Fanatic with Justice. Shouldnt it be the other way around.

I also think that when Season 5 started they thought it was going to be their last season, which is why we saw the Season start with such momentum to only fade towards the end.

This Season I wouldnt be surprised if they went into it knowing, without guarantees of course, that they would be back for a seventh season and they've been able to pace it better. They want to end the season with a BIG bang, to come back for the final and ultimate season.

Well that's my opinion, for what its worth. :yay:

triplet said:
You make good points, but I believe season 5 faded some after this point in the season, while Season 6 is looking like it will be keeping up some good momentum.

This image is a graph (Okay, I'm a geek and I was curious how they lined up) based on my review scores of the last three seasons...

reviewspreadsheetrb9.gif

Red is Season 4, Blue is Season 5, and yellow is 6.

Yeah. Splinter, Solitude and Lexmas do beat out Rage, Static and Subterranean but I have a feeling that Hydro will do better than Lockdown and there no way is Justice going to do worse than Fanatic.

But keep in mind that after this point in the season last year, we still had Tomb, Lockdown, Fanatic, Hypnotic and Fade yet to come...

I think there's a good chance that Season 6 will do better than 5 overall.

As far as my reviews go so far, it has done so already on average. If I change the score I gave Aqua to what it deserved on the whole (I graded Aqua on a major curve and gave it a 4 because of Fine's terrific introduction, it really shoulda gotten a 1 or 2) 6 comes out on top.

Even if I didn't do that, they are pretty close up to this point, 4.1 vs 4 overall for Season 6.

manheadspinningeq2.gif

I do agree that Season 5 faded in quality towards the end, which is why I am comparing what we've seen of 6 and at that same point in 5. And yes, considering we still have "Justice", a revisiting of Red-K Clark, and further deepening of this Martian Manhunter mystery, it's going to get mighty interesting.

avidreader said:
That's excellent Triplet. Any chance you could change that to a bar graph. :cwink:

I'm a little confused, you're comparing Hydro with Lockdown and Fanatic with Justice. Shouldnt it be the other way around.

I also think that when Season 5 started they thought it was going to be their last season, which is why we saw the Season start with such momentum to only fade towards the end.

This Season I wouldnt be surprised if they went into it knowing, without guarantees of course, that they would be back for a seventh season and they've been able to pace it better. They want to end the season with a BIG bang, to come back for the final and ultimate season.

Well that's my opinion, for what its worth. :yay:

Oh, right.... transposed the order in my mind.

Okay, so:

No way is Justice going to do worse than Lockdown.

:D

Yeah, I could do a bar graph...

*tried it*

Yikes...

No I can't. way harder to read with that many data points.

Where is the 6th season heading? Clark's training with Jor-El, of course. Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the show handles it and if we'll finally see Jor-El, like Gough mentioned a while back. I think some of SV's best episodes have been the mythology based ones and that's when the show really shines. I wish they would do more of them.

I do think the 4th and 5th seasons had better build-up's, though. I actually really liked the search for the stones storyline and how it was handled. Everyone knew what the payoff was as well, which added to the excitement. Season 5 had the coming of Zod, which they had a recurring storyline with Brainiac throughout the season, which was directly linked to Zod and his escape from the PZ. Both were really good.

Even though we keep hearing alot about LEXANA and the baby I still have my hopes that all of this somehow leads to Clark heading towards his training.

I don't like the idea that somehow a LEXANA betrayal and breakup will push Lex to the darkside because I think its more complex then that and Lana is only one facet of his decline. It's his level 33.1 stuff that he claims is being done for the right reasons that is going to reveal how "pure evil" he really is. I'm not sure Lex really knows how bad he is at this point but I am all for Clark and Lex being very clear opponents.

IMO, all the stuff that is going to happen to Clark in the coming episodes is going to show him that:

1) Lex is extremely dangerous and no longer can be saved and must be stopped.

2) The challenge of the last 2 Zoners will show Clark that he has a lot to learn about himself and his Kryptonian heritage. If he had his training already....he'd be in a better place to stop them and more people would not have had to needlessly die AGAIN

3) Something is going to happen that is big that will show Clark that its not just his immediate friends and family that need saving but Metropolis and the wider world needs HIS PROTECTION

4) Working through his various relationships in SV will show him he can't return to the past...you can't go back and its time to move forward.

5) Also a big betrayal is going to happen that will significantly impact him as well as an unexpectant helping hand will redeem his faith in people.

Sounds like its going to be good to me.

Excellent points.

I think they're heading to a good place story arc wise.

:up:

i think somehow the "box" is goin to be recreated and its going to try and reshape the earths crust to make it more like kryptons. givin us a smallville spin on the superman returns plot.

clark somehow stops this and has to clean up the damage in season 7 b4 he becomes superman

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"