Songs or bands that people don't expect you to listen to?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
anyone listen to any bands or certain songs that people dont expect you tolisten to, either because of your race or something? i recently had friend of mine over the house and he had looked through my cdcollection and found a bunch of cure songs onmy computer. he came to me all freaked out because he found a black guy listening to the cure weird.:huh:

Not alot of people expect me listen to alot of hiphop. But lately, I've been getting into it more and more, then they **** their pants whenever I carpool with some buddies and they cycle through my in-car cds.

People are very surprised I like The Killers because I'm so anti-modern day mainstream rock.

I'm Black and listen to quite a lot of indie rock or dance punk which surprises a few people. I like bands like Klaxons, Test Icicles, Damn Arms, The Killers, The Rapture, Death From Above 1979, The Rakes and so on. Its funny cause a lot of people expect black people to just like Hip Hop and RnB but there is quite a lot like Rock, Punk, Emo, Indie or whatever.

I saw Jay Z and Nas last month. Lupe Fiasco last week and I am seeing The Rapture on Tuesday.

I sometimes listen to black metal when I am angry or sad...people find it hard to believe that I listen to music like that.

I am convinced that everyone has that one guilty pleasure, or band that they listen to, that's just way the eff out there. like 50 Cent is an early Debbie Gibson fan, or Paul McCartney listens to Ice Cube.

it is this theory that has driven me to play every possible loud screaming punk band to my sister, who listens to all mainstream top 40, in the chance that she'll go "ya know what... this just has a great beat... who is this? Rancid? I see..."

myself, I am guilty of liking a few Kelly Clarkson songs, even though I'm all indie rocker. I can't help it man they're some catchy tunes!

Prodigy said:
I am convinced that everyone has that one guilty pleasure, or band that they listen to, that's just way the eff out there. like 50 Cent is an early Debbie Gibson fan, or Paul McCartney listens to Ice Cube.

Paul McCartney has said that he really likes Eminem, and that if he were growing up today, he'd be a huge fan of rap.

My friends call me a white boy because I listen to Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, and others. But I also listen to rap, japanese music, raggaeton,symphony,ect. Basically everthing exept country. Unless the song "1000 miles"counts as country, but I don't think it does.

Yes,when will the rest of the world catch up and stop generalizing. :cmad: Keep an open mind

Country,alternative,folk music,celtic,classic rock,indian, I had a great Bolivian CD,show tunes...that's right goddamn it,also like big band. :cmad: :O

LA VELA PUERCA (Rock/Ska)

If you want to know some songs of this band, download this ones:

"Va a escampar"

"El viejo"

"Alta magia"

no one is surprised anymore.....ever since the Duran Duran incident noone has been surprised by what i listen to. we even cruse to billy joel...which is really goot driving music for some reason....

Lord Valumart said:
no one is surprised anymore.....ever since the Duran Duran incident noone has been surprised by what i listen to. we even cruse to billy joel...which is really goot driving music for some reason....

DAMN RIGHT. Billy Joel is awesome for cruising. Duran Duran suck dude.

People never expect me to like rock music i suppose, because im weak and have a mullet.

moleman said:
DAMN RIGHT. Billy Joel is awesome for cruising. Duran Duran suck dude.

People never expect me to like rock music i suppose, because im weak and have a mullet.
it's mostly the mullet....

Some people are suprised that I listen to just about anything. [Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock (except emo, screamo, constant yelling crap, devil music), Pop, R&B, Techno, Trance, Contemporary, Classical, Oldies]

People assume that I listen to Rap/Hip-Hop based on how I dress.

Anybody who really knows me knows I listen to a wide variety of music so I don't think anything would surprise anyone.

People are surprised that I listen to hip-hop and rap and that I have those type of music on my Ipod when they check it out.I bet they think I'm just into pop and rock :o

Do you wear eye liner and cut your wrists wel you listen to the cure?

People have been surprised that I listen to bands like Pantera, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Metallica, etc. I'm straight edge for the most part, so some people are surprised.

Warhammer said:
Some people are suprised that I listen to just about anything. [ Rock (except [...] devil music)
The rock music you like must suck, then.

I'm a metalhead at heart, mind, body, and soul.

However, people are often surprised when they hear or see that I listen to Prince, Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Elton John, The Carpenters, The Isley Brothers, Lionel Richie, and Barry White.

Warhammer said:
Some people are suprised that I listen to just about anything. [Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock (except emo, screamo, constant yelling crap, devil music), Pop, R&B, Techno, Trance, Contemporary, Classical, Oldies]

People assume that I listen to Rap/Hip-Hop based on how I dress.

the best kind of rock is the constant yelling devil music. otherwise it is not very good rock at all...

people assume that i listen to gothic industrial polka based on how i dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"