Sonic The Hedgehog.

Karelia

RN4L
Reaction score
I recently discovered that they're re-releasing Sonic Adventure 2 for the PSN/XBLA. So I started going through some of my old sonic games/comics, for nostalgia's sake. I actually found a copy of Shadow The Hedgehog, so I hooked up my old PS2 Slim and started playing it (never beat it.) and it's pretty fun. The controls move a little too fast though. I grew up with Sonic Adventure, so that's always been one of my favorite Sonic games, then when SA2 came out I thought it was a lot better. I miss the Dreamcast thinking about these games, haha.

Here's the link

Sega Officially Announces Sonic Adventure 2 HD
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/sega-officially-confirms-sonic-adventure-2-hd

I didn't see another Sonic topic in this thread, so I guess discuss Sonic related stuff here.

Also, I haven't played any current Sonic games. The most recent one I've played is the one I'm currently playing (Shadow The Hedgehog) Is there any worth checking out?

I think they could make a cool Sonic anime. I thought the OVA was pretty cool (at least from what I remember) except for the terrible dubbed voices.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ
Also, I haven't played any current Sonic games. The most recent one I've played is the one I'm currently playing (Shadow The Hedgehog) Is there any worth checking out?

Sonic Generations is pretty good, though it doesn't have much of a story.

Critics seemed to really like Sonic Colors. I don't know if it's any good myself, since I don't own a Wii, and therefore, have never played it.

Sonic Unleashed, if you can tolerate the slow-paced Werehog stages, is actually a pretty fun game. (I think most people were so turned off by the Werehog's AWFUL character design that they didn't really give this game a chance)

There's hub worlds to explore, missions to play, TONS of stuff to unlock, and a pretty entertaining story. The final boss, however, is a pain in the ass. If you can, get it on XB360 or PS3. It has better graphics, more stages, hub-worlds, and a minigame reminiscent of Sky Chase Zone.

I also liked the original Sonic Riders (Haven't played any of the sequels) though a lot of people seemed to have trouble with the controls.

Stay away from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.

Last edited:
I have a PS2/PS3. :D

And thanks CJ.

I may very well check out Sonic Unleashed.

FINALLY! I'll get a chance to play Sonic Adventure 2. Back when it came out I didn't have the money to buy it, and then the Dreamcast was discontinued so it was even harder to get my hands on it. Then there's the high prices for copies on eBay. I was beginning to think I'll never get a chance to play it, but I'm glad they're putting it in XBL Arcade. As soon as it's available I'm there!

FINALLY! I'll get a chance to play Sonic Adventure 2. Back when it came out I didn't have the money to buy it, and then the Dreamcast was discontinued so it was even harder to get my hands on it. Then there's the high prices for copies on eBay. I was beginning to think I'll never get a chance to play it, but I'm glad they're putting it in XBL Arcade. As soon as it's available I'm there!

October 3rd seems to be the release date for it. :woot:

I ended up buying a Dreamcast when they discontinued making games for it. I believe I got one in 2004-05 for about $50 at a local gamestore. Never have I been so happy getting a console. Something about it I just love. The controller, the way it looks, just really dug it. I wish I never sold it. It'd most likely be collecting dust, but I would plug it up every once in awhile anyways.

They also have the first Sonic Adventure for the XBLA/PSN. It's not in HD, though. :csad:

Yeah, the Dreamcast is definitely my favorite videogame system of all-time. I got mine as a late Christmas-gift in January of 2000. I didn't have a computer back then, so the Dreamcast Web Browser was my only source of internet. And I loved it. VMU Downloads were awesome.

Some of my favorite Dreamcast games: Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Power Stone 1 & 2, Soul Calibur, House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, Super Magnetic Neo, Floigan Bros, Hydro Thunder, Wacky Races.

I was so sad when SEGA announced they were discontinuing console development. I almost cried, because I loved the system so much.

Sadly, my Dreamcast broke two months back, after a decade or so of faithful service. (Yes I still had it hooked up to my TV)

October 3rd seems to be the release date for it. :woot:

I ended up buying a Dreamcast when they discontinued making games for it. I believe I got one in 2004-05 for about $50 at a local gamestore. Never have I been so happy getting a console. Something about it I just love. The controller, the way it looks, just really dug it. I wish I never sold it. It'd most likely be collecting dust, but I would plug it up every once in awhile anyways.

They also have the first Sonic Adventure for the XBLA/PSN. It's not in HD, though. :csad:

Oh yeah! :up:

The Dreamcast was really something special. A lot of the games were really innovative, and the controller felt just right. I'm glad Microsoft pretty much copied the DC controller.

Dreamcast = ahead of its time.

Ah Sonic the hedgehog, how I love the character and its universe. Good ol Sonic, no matter how many times SEGA has done bad things to you I still prefer ya over Mario! :D

I still have my old Genesis for awesome Sonic the Hedgehog 2 action! Or others, but Sonic 2 was my first Sonic game. I remember loving the heck outta Sonic adventure 2 Battle on the Gamecube. I just love the character, I even a plushie of the chubby and short Sonic from the 90s! I prefer the old school look of Sonic but like the modern look as well.

I wish I owned a Dreamcast! My Aunt has one but I can never get the discs to read and play on it...

Last edited:
Haha, a friend of mine won me a Knuckles plushie at our local fair... Still got it in my room. :D

I use to have a sonic racing game for the PC. I think it may have just been called "Sonic-R" not sure. I really dug it because you could play as Metal Sonic. I still think he's awesome haha. If you get all the emblems in Sonic Adventure you can play as him, but only in time trial mode, which kinda sucks.

Cool to see the Dreamcast is still loved.

Cover from Archie Comics upcoming Sonic/Mega-Man crossover.

tumblr_m77ubpjlFo1rnsvazo1_500.jpg

:wow:

Woah! Although I prefer Mega Man X...still, thats awesome!

Sonic Generations is pretty good, though it doesn't have much of a story.

Heaven forbid, a less than stellar story for Sonic the Hedgehog?!?! Well it's just worthless then, Sonic has always been known for gripping stories. Sarcasm aside, I just got and started playing the game and think it's pretty fun, seems like tons of stuff to do in it.

Stay away from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1.

I like Sonic 4, both episode 1 & 2, just wish they were longer or maybe cheaper.

Heaven forbid, a less than stellar story for Sonic the Hedgehog?!?! Well it's just worthless then, Sonic has always been known for gripping stories. Sarcasm aside, I just got and started playing the game and think it's pretty fun, seems like tons of stuff to do in it.

I wasn't saying the game was bad, I just wanted more of a story to it.

I know to most people a plot isn't very important in a Sonic game, but if you're a fan of the series like myself, you look forward to what happens in the game's storyline.

The Sonic Advance series for Gameboy Advance series is pretty good
they feel more like what sonic 4 (which i like btw) was trying to achieve, the levels are creative and it has replay value as u can replay the game as sonic's friends

I remember playing Sonic Battle on the advanced, I enjoyed it from what I played of it.

I'm not sure if I ever played Sonic Advanced though.

I think the Sonic Advance games are fantastic, although I haven't played the third one. Its old school Sonic mixed with new school Sonic tweaks. Better than Sonic 4 IMHO. ;)

I wasn't saying the game was bad, I just wanted more of a story to it.

I know to most people a plot isn't very important in a Sonic game, but if you're a fan of the series like myself, you look forward to what happens in the game's storyline.

I agree, although with Sonic gameplay should always come first I see no reason why Sonic shouldn't have a memorable and good storyline. The comics are full of great arcs and stuff. I've always wished to have a good Sonic game with the comic book stuff.

Cover from Archie Comics upcoming Sonic/Mega-Man crossover.

tumblr_m77ubpjlFo1rnsvazo1_500.jpg

:wow:

PLEASE have this become a game

but then again we all know the *******s at Capcom don't like Mega Man anymore :cmad:

Anybody else seen the fan film by Eddie Lebron? It's...not very good.

EDIT: At least it's better than what was shown of Richard Kuta's film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"