Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

Andy Serkis rallies for digital performer rights

“Parachuted in” to Venom 2
Serkis, who was at IBC to receive the International Honour for Excellence, also discussed being confirmed as director of Sony Pictures’ Venom 2.

”I was very late to the process,” he said. ”I was literally parachuted in. We start in 10 weeks so there’s a very short period of time to take on this massive movie. The pressure is on.”

Tom Hardy, who plays the eponymous anti-hero, is joined by actors Michelle Williams and Woody Harrelson.

Serkis said of Hardy: “We’ve never worked together before but we’ve been circling round each other for years. I admire him as an actor and we respect each other’s work.”

"I am thrilled that Spidey's journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it. Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold."

Kevin Feige on Spidey returning to the MCU.

To me this says, "The deal includes Sony's right to use Holland's Spidey in Sony led spinoffs. But we aren't going to officially consider them MCU canon."

It looks like Sony is still aiming for a release this time next year. I can't wait!

It looks like Carnage will have company in Sony's upcoming Venom sequel. The Marvel Comics character called Shriek has been incorporated into the plot of the Venom sequel (due in theaters on Oct. 2, 2020), according to two sources close to the project.

‘Venom’ Sequel: Carnage Gets Company As Second Marvel Villain Added – Deadline

RZ9ikjL.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like it. Not shocked

I was never a Shriek fan, nor was I a fan of Maximum Carnage. I liked Carnage during his first arc...and the recent Absolute Carnage. Everything in between I can live without. Still, we'll see how this goes. I honestly don't see how Venom stands a chance against 2 baddies on his own without Spidey...and it's good to see Sony has learned NOTHING about not doing multiple villains. I mean, Venom's rogues gallery only has like, 10 or 20 in it.

Ruben Fleischer also claims Sony wants to build up to pitting Tom Hardy's Venom against Tom Holland's Spider-Man. Which....not surprising.

Not a Shriek fanboy or anything but it's cool they're putting her in this next film. If you're using Carnage might as well go full Maximum Carnage in the sequel.

I mean, Venmo’s rogue gallery is basically just symbiotes. If they did just another 1 on 1 symbiote fight, it would just be like the first again. So in Sony’s wisdom, they’re changing it up by having a 2 on 1 fight.

I like Shriek, personally, so I’m glad to hear this. I agree, Venom needs other enemies besides symbiotes. Id kind of prefer that Spidey show up in Venom 3. Introducing Carnage, Shriek and Spider-Man in one movie is a lot.

I’m bothered that Riot was given the same powers as Carnage. Kasady will just seem like a Riot rip off in the sequel.

As if I wasn't already excited enough about Venom 2, Sony added yet another layer of enthusiasm. Eddie is about to have his hands full.

I mean, Venmo’s rogue gallery is basically just symbiotes. If they did just another 1 on 1 symbiote fight, it would just be like the first again. So in Sony’s wisdom, they’re changing it up by having a 2 on 1 fight.

Sony has plenty of other directions in which they could go: Pyre, the Jury, Styx and Stone, Sin-Eater, Krobaa, the Stalkers or Mace. Plus there is the added dimension of using Spidey vilains like Scorpion, with whom Venom has a rivalry independent of Spidey.

I like Shriek, personally, so I’m glad to hear this. I agree, Venom needs other enemies besides symbiotes. Id kind of prefer that Spidey show up in Venom 3. Introducing Carnage, Shriek and Spider-Man in one movie is a lot.

I’m bothered that Riot was given the same powers as Carnage. Kasady will just seem like a Riot rip off in the sequel.

Same! I mean, Riot just straight up murdered people...which Carnage does. He formed axes and tendrils and spikes...which Carnage does. I guess Carnage's main difference will be he will be doing it out in the streets for fun? I don't know. I'm wondering if they'll include Shriek's powers making people mentally unstable. I think that was another aspect of her powers...

I’ve got a kind of unnatural bond with Maximum Carnage so I’ll take any similarities to that.

For some reason, I got Aubrey Plaza in my head for it, thanks to Legion, and now that is about all I want for Shriek. Gotta think some more about who could give as crazy a performance as Hardy and Harrelson.

Wow that’s great casting! I hope they go full gutter trash with her and not just turn her into carnage’s Harley Quinn or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"