The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

My opinion is the same as it’s always been: Superhero comic adaptations are best-suited to TV since that medium can better replicate the storytelling format of the comics. There’s just the matter of doing their worlds/abilities justice with TV budgets/vfx. But honestly, I feel like they absolutely can now. They just have to be produced with care.

I haven’t seen X-Men ‘97 yet (just clips and the opening), but
the Spider-Man cameo is the Christopher Daniel Barnes one?! I hope Disney+ revives that too.

I kind of agree to some degree but what’s your take on this topic? Do we need live action adaptions anymore? Maybe animation is the way to go for comic book adaptations?

I want both. You can do both as long as you have creatives in the driver’s seat who actually care about the source material.

For me, it is the wrong kind of stupid. Like that scene and when Eva Mendes in Ghost Rider is waiting for Johnny and shakes the 8 ball, similarly just dumb and I mentally checkout
Is that scene anymore cringe or stupid
than this scene from another bad superhero movie that you happen to like?

bully-maguire-dance.gif

:o

Is that scene anymore cringe or stupid
than this scene from another bad superhero movie that you happen to like?

bully-maguire-dance.gif

:o
But it's a difference in artistic intent. Peter is SUPPOSED to be cringe as part of the symbiote story. Its done on purpose and does what its supposed to. Those scenes are cringe cause they're written and acted poorly. So they don't accomplish what they are meant to and just suck cause the writer/director sucked

I haven’t seen X-Men ‘97 yet (just clips and the opening), but
the Spider-Man cameo is the Christopher Daniel Barnes one?! I hope Disney+ revives that too.
It was confirmed by the show-runner to be the same incarnation from the 90’s series.
GMeri-JbIAAiY4g

It’s inevitable that they will bring that back. It’s a matter of time.

It was confirmed by the show-runner to be the same incarnation from the 90’s series.
GMeri-JbIAAiY4g

It’s inevitable that they will bring that back. It’s a matter of time.

Christopher Daniel Barnes will be at my local convention this year. I wonder if he’ll be able to say anything about it. Would be nice if Disney+ announced that revival to really juice subscribers before then.

My opinion is the same as it’s always been: Superhero comic adaptations are best-suited to TV since that medium can better replicate the storytelling format of the comics. There’s just the matter of doing their worlds/abilities justice with TV budgets/vfx. But honestly, I feel like they absolutely can now. They just have to be produced with care.

I completely agree. :o

giphy.gif

Happy for He-Man fans but call me when the live action version of this is greenlit:

View attachment 89155
My theory as to why they haven't touched that yet is because of Power Rangers. Yeah Voltron kinda came first but technically not if we count the original Japanese Super Sentai series that Power Rangers was spawned from but Power Rangers completely usurped the "colorful superhero team with giant combining robots" territory from Voltron. A catchy theme song goes a long way. :o

Happy for He-Man fans but call me when the live action version of this is greenlit:

View attachment 89155

Yeah, recent...events has added a bit of a radioactive tint to that property. Dear ****ing god, that is one fandom one does not want anything to do with.

As an aside, I've heard good things about the new 40th anniversary toys are good. Tempted to check them out.

The Netflix show ruined it. :o

Oh boy, did they. It is also why I have turned down expectations of how many episodes I want for My Adventures with Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"