Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Naomie Harris. She deserves better than appearing in crap like Venom and Rampage. I know she’s also part of the Bond franchise but Moneypenny is deliberately sidelined most of the time.

To be fair to her, I would imagine Shriek promised to be a very fun role, just based on Hardy and the little tidbit of Harrelson we got.

The great George Miller with what I feel is the best take on the "Not Cinema!" foolishness that dominated headlines not too long ago:

"It's a mistake and a sort of hubris if a film does well at the box office to dismiss it as clever marketing or something else." Miller said. "There's something more happening there, and it's our obligation as storytellers to really try and understand it. To me it's all cinema. I don't think you can ghettoize it and say, oh this is cinema or that is cinema. It applies to all the arts, to literature, the performing arts, painting and music, in all its form. It's such a broad spectrum, a wide range, and to suggest that any one is more significant or more important than the other is missing the point. It's one big mosaic and each piece of work fits in it."

George Miller Three Thousand Years Of Longing, Superheroes As Cinema – Deadline

Last edited:
What's with all the disrespect towards Morbius? It won't be a hokey love story about a villain and the lady her tortured to make her his loving girlfriend.

:oldrazz:
Everything I've heard is Chan will mainly be the lead, but I'm sure Harrington and Madden will be too. Either way it'll have "strong female characters" at the center of it.
Chan, who?

Poor Naomie Harris. She deserves better than appearing in crap like Venom and Rampage. I know she’s also part of the Bond franchise but Moneypenny is deliberately sidelined most of the time.
That Rampage movie is a replica of the 1998 Godzilla movie starring Matthew Broderick. Respect it please.

:oldrazz:

She still could be. Titans’ 3rd season will almost certainly be it’s last, and she’ll be done with that next year.
Why do you think that might be the case? I’m genuinely asking because I have no idea how the show got renewed for a third season. They renewed the show for a second season before the series premiered but I have no idea how the show got another season after that. Is the show that popular?

Yeah, that lightning things is...something.
I love it. WW isn’t an alien or inter-dimensional being whatever sci-fi explanation these movies love to apply to the gods. She is a daughter of Zeus and straight-up MAGICAL. The laws of physics don’t apply. I’ll be thrilled if this movie actually embraces the magic side of WW and the DC Universe, and based on the leaked plot, it really sounds like it will.

And from the WW board:

upload_2019-12-7_16-17-12.jpeg
upload_2019-12-7_16-19-13.jpeg

I'm no WW expert, but I would assume Donna Troy is weaker than Diana?
Maybe? Or maybe it’s y’know lazy writing. :funny: Either way, that doesn’t excuse the stupidity of how the scene was done.

This was just after she took hits from a Superman clone (who wasn’t holding back) that would instantly either fatally injure or kill any non-powered human being, and was hardly hurt so you tell me she couldn’t have taken some lightening?

Last edited:
Saw that footage of Wonder Woman swinging from lightning bolt to lightning bolt like Tarzan from some vines...
2ReG4Od.jpg

I get it. She's a demigod, daughter of Zeus who uses lightning, comics may have done it...but it looks dumb in live action.

Maybe? Or maybe it’s y’know lazy writing. :funny: Either way, that doesn’t excuse the stupidity of how the scene was done.

This was just after she took hits from a Superman clone (who wasn’t holding back) that would instantly either fatally injure or kill any non-powered human being, and was hardly hurt so you tell me she couldn’t have taken some lightening?

I mean, electrocution is different than blunt force.

WW looks fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back