Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess I’d pay more attention to these now that we have Disney + and could just steam through them in one easy to find place. Never really kept track of the old one shots.

Good to hear. I hope this gives Renner’s Hawkeye the time/material to show his best, while handing the baton over for the future. The trailer certainly looked fun.

Practical tentacles return!! Molina still looks amazing as Ock. and it's awesome that THC is returning as Sandman. Even though S-M3 had a lot going on, I still loved his character. Heck, I still love S-M3 as a whole.

THC's Sandman was a beautifully written character. I wish the film had focused squarely on him and Harry Osborn, not Eddie Brock.

So exciting to see that. Still feels like a dream.

I'm more than ready for the first stills of Holland interacting with Tobey and Andrew.

Hell, just give a still of Tobey facing off with Doc Ock and Green Goblin -- don't have to show Holland at all.

I'm more than ready for the first stills of Holland interacting with Tobey and Andrew.

Hell, just give a still of Tobey facing off with Doc Ock and Green Goblin -- don't have to show Holland at all.
I'm up for every piece of this. :D I can imagine there are a bunch of people who saw SM1 and SM2 in cinemas and experienced all that hype and excitement and may have got too busy as they got older to keep up with every CBM nowadays. Can see them coming back when they see what is being planned here and the nostalgia it will bring.

It will certainly be the first film in the pandemic to near or hit $1B worldwide. It will be an EVENT film.
Pre-pandemic the only question would be exactly far past a billion it was going to blow past. Hopefully that number is still possible now.

Like I said in the Eternals forum, I honestly don't care what the RT score is for Eternals. I value reading people's opinions, but I have never valued the % in any meaningful way. Still really excited to see this next Friday where it will have its day in court for me, and then I can weigh in on whether i agree with the criticism of the movie or not. When watching the movie, this score won't even be on my mind at all.
I agree. I do lean heavily on Rotten Tomatoes when it comes to certain films now more than ever because of the pandemic and I don't necessarily want to see every film in a theater. For example, if Halloween Kills had gotten stellar reviews I might have watched it in a theater as opposed to just watching it on Peacock and it turns out that it really was a meh movie so RT saved me the trouble. But when it comes to big franchises that I'm a fan of like the MCU or Star Wars, even if it had gotten a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes I'd still be inclined to see it just to see how bad it could possibly be.

THC's Sandman was a beautifully written character. I wish the film had focused squarely on him and Harry Osborn, not Eddie Brock.
The only reason why I'm glad Eddie/Venom was included was because he was a true irredeemable scumbag which was a refreshing change for that series. Having Ock as a sympathetic villain worked in 2 but that might have worn a little thin if it was just Harry and Sandman as two even more sympathetic villains in 3.

Spider-Man 3 is even worse than I remember. It truly does deserve all the hate that it receives. It's liquid ****.

Spider-Man 3 is even worse than I remember. It truly does deserve all the hate that it receives. It's liquid ****.

Yeah it’s a really crappy movie and I’m not sure why Sony and Marvel are (reportedly) bringing back Sandman from it. Did anyone really need to see Thomas Haden Church making his sad face again? I’m excited for FFH but I really don’t think many people were clamoring for stuff to be rehashed from the lousy films that were SM3 and ASM2.

Just kidding friends, I never like to see critics beat up on stuff before I see something for myself. Though like some in here have said, this actually makes me more interested in the movie now that the critics seem to be mixed on it

Yeah it’s a really crappy movie and I’m not sure why Sony and Marvel are (reportedly) bringing back Sandman from it. Did anyone really need to see Thomas Haden Church making his sad face again? I’m excited for FFH but I really don’t think many people were clamoring for stuff to be rehashed from the lousy films that were SM3 and ASM2.

rick-and-morty-so-mean.gif

Everything bad in Sony’s marvel films can all be drawn back to Avi Arad’s obsession with Venom, and lord knows what other fixations he has.

but people have really responded to venom, so I guess he does know what he’s doing in some areas.

Everything bad in Sony’s marvel films can all be drawn back to Avi Arad’s obsession with Venom, and lord knows what other fixations he has.

but people have really responded to venom, so I guess he does know what he’s doing in some areas.

I would mostly agree but I don’t think you can blame everything bad in SM3 on that. Like, Sandman was so bland as a villain that Raimi had to give him a stupid connection to Uncle Ben’s death just to give Peter a personal stake in taking him down. And after a great buildup in SM2, Harry Osborn’s villainous turn is a total flop that’s undone at the end after his forensics expert butler informs him that he deduced that his daddy died by his own hand after examining his stab wounds. And then you had the needless inclusion of Gwen Stacy who is just used as a prop to make MJ jealous. Now, maybe all of those things were due to Arad forcing Raimi to shoehorn Venom into the film but I think that SM3 might be remembered as a decent movie if aspects other than the Venom subplot worked. Instead, Raimi made a film where almost nothing worked.

I would mostly agree but I don’t think you can blame everything bad in SM3 on that. Like, Sandman was so bland as a villain that Raimi had to give him a stupid connection to Uncle Ben’s death just to give Peter a personal stake in taking him down. And after a great buildup in SM2, Harry Osborn’s villainous turn is a total flop that’s undone at the end after his forensics expert butler informs him that he deduced that his daddy died by his own hand after examining his stab wounds. And then you had the needless inclusion of Gwen Stacy who is just used as a prop to make MJ jealous. Now, maybe all of those things were due to Arad forcing Raimi to shoehorn Venom into the film but I think that SM3 might be remembered as a decent movie if aspects other than the Venom subplot worked. Instead, Raimi made a film where almost nothing worked.

Blaming it all on Venom's inclusion is VERY disingenuous. Usually done to deflect blame off of Raimi. The problems go WAY beyond the handling of just Venom.

You've hit on some of the major issues...

It's vomit inducing. :barf:

Remove Venom from SM and focus on Harry and Sandman, you have a better movie for sure.
Nah. How the movie plays out is what makes it fun. The black suit/Venom is a part of that. It would have to be very different movie without those aspects. Also probably a lot less fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"