Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have Eternals as their most anticipated comic book movie of 2020? I feel that movie is going to really surprise people much in the same way GOTG did in 2014. It sounds like Marvel is going full-on Kirby with it(even more so than in Ragnarok) and I’m all for it.

Part 56 alone was almost 13 threads (according to pre-xenforo rules), @ernesth100 must be proud of this thing.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, so I won't mention my views of any of the already established Spider-Man movies. But I will remind you all that X-Men Origins: Wolverine turned a decade old this year, and we should have discussions about that particular movie in celebration of it.

Does anyone here have Eternals as their most anticipated comic book movie of 2020? I feel that movie is going to really surprise people much in the same way GOTG did in 2014. It sounds like Marvel is going full-on Kirby with it(even more so than in Ragnarok) and I’m all for it.
I don't anticipate any future MCU movie, sans for maybe Black Panther and Captain Marvel sequels, and the potential Fantastic Four movie. I will say that I'm mildly looking forward to these.

Does anyone here have Eternals as their most anticipated comic book movie of 2020?
giphy.webp

Its my most anticipated movie of 2020!

Black Widw is 2nd and WW84 is 3rd.

Mentioned this a lot before, but FFH was a little bit of a disappointment for me after Homecoming. HC is close to perfect - great writing and characterization, really good jokes, and an excellent twist that is easily one of the most memorable MCU moments and made the Vulture a great baddie. Who woulda thought. All HC needed was better special effects and I’d have zero complaints.

FFH was good but a step down. Didn’t care for the European setting, the jokes didn’t land as much, the drone almost killing his classmate was silly, and I despise that they revealed Peters identity at the end. You lose so much of what makes Spider-Man great if you make him a public hero and I don’t know a credible way they can put the genie back in the bottle.

I loved a lot of what they did in FFH and it’s a good movie on the whole, but it has me concerned for the future of my favorite character. I want Peter to be worried about getting to class on time and homework assignments, not fighting off paparazzi.

But I will remind you all that X-Men Origins: Wolverine turned a decade old this year, and we should have discussions about that particular movie in celebration of it.

I cant even put into words how disappointed I was walking out of that movie. It was the first CBM I saw in theaters that I knew was garbage. Up until then I enjoyed pretty much everything because I was young and could look at the glass half full but it was impossible to like that movie.

That really did mark the point for me where I jumped off the X-men train.

Last edited:
Name all the bad traits of the MCU and FFH has them in spades. FFH is second only to IM3 as the worst of the MCU for me.

I never will stop laughing at the fact that the basic premise of Far From Home is that it’s about a poor middle class kid saving the world from killer drone technology that his billionaire father figure gave him. :funny:

WTF.

Last edited:
The only feasible way I can see them resolving FFH’s public reveal is if they just adapt One More Day and go all out. Which wouldn’t be all that good anyway since that storyline was trash, but they could clean it up with the right writers.

To get back to WW84 for a sec: I understand that Ww is a goddess, and I’m prepared to expect some unrealistic stuff from my comic book movies, but I agree with @Blackman: swinging on lightning bolts just looks silly in live action.

Yeah, I was severely disappointed with FFH. The humor doesn't land much at all, the supporting cast and that whole thing with Brad was just silly and the first act really drags because we all knew Mysterio was going to turn on him.

Edith, really? The whole movie centers around a pair of glasses...

I loved Homecoming despite the problems I've had with MCU Spider-Man, but it seems like they just doubled down on everything in FFH.

Peter can mourn Tony's death for however long, but no mention of Uncle Ben aside from his suitcase which blows up and Peter and May just shrug it off? Absolutely loathed both credits scenes as well.

I was really hoping Watts wouldn't be back for the third film.

To get back to WW84 for a sec: I understand that Ww is a goddess, and I’m prepared to expect some unrealistic stuff from my comic book movies, but I agree with @Blackman: swinging on lightning bolts just looks silly in live action.

To each their own but I think they really pulled it off. It’s a silly concept and reading it here I thought it sounded dumb, but then I looked it up and really dug it.

And it bears repeating: that costume :hrt:

I do after reading Gaimans run recently, which is fantastic. And I can’t wait to see The Celestials.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, so I won't mention my views of any of the already established Spider-Man movies. But I will remind you all that X-Men Origins: Wolverine turned a decade old this year, and we should have discussions about that particular movie in celebration of it.
I used to Have XMOW as my least favorite SH movie, but at least Jackman, Schreiber, Reynolds (in his cameo) give good performances. I think the title now to Green Lantern. There's really nothing good in that Green Lantern movie. Other than Reynolds and Lively meeting there which is cool. But as a movie? There's absolutely nothing.
I despise that they revealed Peters identity at the end. You lose so much of what makes Spider-Man great if you make him a public hero and I don’t know a credible way they can put the genie back in the bottle.
I assume it'll be Scarlett Witch and maybe Dr. Strange who do something about it.

But to be honest I don't really get why MCU Spidey needs a secret identity. I agree that Spider-Man in general should have one, but in the MCU most of his closest confidants all already know his identity only 2 solo films in. And I'm pretty sure Fury and the Avengers can keep whatever loved ones safe anyway similar to Hawkeye's family.

It is interesting though, how most live action SH films pretty much do away with secret identities. Even if they're not a public hero like Cap or Iron Man, most of a characters supporting staff knows that (Insert Hero Name Here) is involved in heroics. Hell, Bruce Wayne went undercover to an underground fight as Bruce Wayne in BvS. I would like to see them come back, but I feel most of the film writers don't want to have to deal with that for whatever reason

I enjoy FFH more, but I’d say Homecoming is the better movie.

I like some of the basic beats of the film, but felt the execution of a lot of it was really poor.

So I’m reading some of Kevin Feige’s comments at Brazil Comic Con, and he’s saying that the multiverse is going to be the next big thing in the MCU. I really hope that he and the studio actually handle this concept better than time travel because that idea can get messy really quick.

I can see them using that as a contingency plan to write Spidey out if they go left with Sony again, or this could be a way for them to explain where the mutants all of a sudden come from.

Somewhere in the world there is a bloke who has Morbius as their most anticipated comic book movie of 2020.

Jared Leto starring as a Vampire in a superhero movie? Sign me up!

What could possibly go wrong?

Fact: Jared Leto is the hottest person to play a Vampire in a blockbuster since Robert Pattinson. :o

You’re all wrong. Deadpool Player One aka Free Guy is going to be the movie to watch for 2020.

Michael Morbius will be second.

For me FFH was quite a big improvement over HC. But I have to say neither movie holds up to repeat viewings very well.

I cant even put into words how disappointed I was walking out of that movie. It was the first CBM I saw in theaters that I knew was garbage. Up until then I enjoyed pretty much everything because I was young and could look at the glass half full but it was impossible to like that movie.

That really did mark the point for me where I jumped off the X-men train.
xLYglG.gif

I used to Have XMOW as my least favorite SH movie, but at least Jackman, Schreiber, Reynolds (in his cameo) give good performances. I think the title now to Green Lantern. There's really nothing good in that Green Lantern movie. Other than Reynolds and Lively meeting there which is cool. But as a movie? There's absolutely nothing.
I never hated either one, but Green Lantern got pretty boring after third viewing. I like the moment of Hal trying to say the oath without having a clue as to what it is.

I thought these continuation threads ended when the forum changed layouts?
Some mods do that when a thread jumps over a 100 or a few more pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"