Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire 2024 film slate: Illumination Video Game Adaptations and Tom Cruise trying to kill himself.
It's so beautiful.

c035kp7ptgp71.png

I doubt it. If the reverse happened, probably. It's unfair to the directors and Leslie Grace to just yank the movie from post-production -- it could've been Grace's big breakout role.

And frankly, I don't think Batgirl is in the so-bad-it's-fun Corman F4 film realm. It's a shame that another studio didn't pick it up and complete it.

Batgirl was used as a tax write-off under a rule designed to let them get rid of terrible mistakes made by a previous administration.

WB essentially made a legal commitment to the IRS that the movie was unreleasable. So they cannot legally release it anymore.

The only way its ever seeing the light of day is through being leaked or (eventually) released into the public domain.

Early Wed number for Spider-Verse, 11m. That summer domestic crown is looking more and more likely. :mrk:
So happy to see a CBM getting seemingly universal appreciation, enthusiasm and success on all metrics. Great chance to become one of the best trilogies as I can’t see this team stuffing up the final film.

I saw the Reel Rejects guys posted their review of The Flash and they really liked Ezra’s performances as Annoying Barry and More Annoying Barry.

Honestly, am I just missing something here? Like, I feel like I’ve seen so many clips and trailers at this point that I’ve already watching the movie, and I find Ezra irritating as hell. But there are these people who are like, “Ohhhh Ezra is so great in this!” Are they just delusional or am I? Is there something to this weirdo performance that I just can’t see?

I think it’s just:

1) We’re only seeing short clips, so we’re not getting or seeing the full context of the performance within the film.

2) We belabor, overanalyze and get hung up on every single thing or detail in these movies within an inch of their life that pretty much every casual audience member isn’t even going to care or think about when going to the theater.

3) They simply don’t see the performance as annoying as the rest of us do.

TL;DR: We’re a bunch of anal nerds who don’t represent the general audience.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it! Otherwise I don’t talk to you anymore of course. :D

Not to worry my friend, I absolutely loved it!

Seriously, this film was everything I could have possibly wanted in a Spider-Verse sequel. The Academy needs to get their heads out of their asses and do away with the Best Animated Feature category. This movie deserves a Best Picture nod, period.

Obviously the year's not even halfway over yet but I can't imagine what else could possibly top this, except for maybe Marvels. Or Barbie :p

Anyway, out of respect to the folks who aren't fans of these films and are probably ready to move on now from all the Spider-Verse chatter, I'll just say this:

Enrd-U7WMAoazTB.jpg

Not to worry my friend, I absolutely loved it!

Seriously, this film was everything I could have possibly wanted in a Spider-Verse sequel. The Academy needs to get their heads out of their asses and do away with the Best Animated Feature category. This movie deserves a Best Picture nod, period.

Obviously the year's not even halfway over yet but I can't imagine what else could possibly top this, except for maybe Marvels. Or Barbie :p

Anyway, out of respect to the folks who aren't fans of these films and are probably ready to move on now from all the Spider-Verse chatter, I'll just say this:

Enrd-U7WMAoazTB.jpg
Awesome!! You live to fight another day on my friend’s list. :funny:

If that Animated category was made just to exclude animated films from the big one, it’s out of order. I wouldn’t mind the category being there if exceptional animated films were also allowed to cross over into the Best Picture category, but I guess that isn’t the plan with it.

Not fair to put SV up against Barbie as no one except Venom is lasting 5 mins in that duel, but I hope The Marvels can continue this decent run from Guardians. I’ve got a good feeling about it, and am definitely expecting it to be a lot of fun.

SV just came out, no need to move on yet lol.

I blame everyone who saw Mario in theaters for the next decade of Illumination movies. :o
Mario is just a pawn. These insufferable little bastards are the root of the problem:

minions.gif

I saw spoilers of Rise of the Beasts ending.

They are really going to try a 4th time aren't they?
If at first you don't succeed, drown them with it. :o

$150m domestic mark passed (total around $160mish) for SV on the back of the Wednesday estimate. One more day to boost it up ahead of what is hopefully a great hold for second weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"